EPIC TV's

Robin1961

Based on observation, they are mounted so close to the wall that I doubt you would be able to connect. :(

No connection on the side of the TV?

Would you happen to know the brand of TV

So the TV's are not on a swivel I take it....

Though it is not as good as watching on a TV I am going to download Netflix movies to my 10 inch tablet and listen to it through my Bluetooth speaker.

I won't be watching much TV on the ship but just in case this should work in a pinch.

I was able to hook up my tablet via a 90 degree HDMI adapter to the back of the TV. This was in an inside in 2013 and I just removed the ships HDMI cable and plugged mine in. In an aft balcony in 2014, I plugged into the side of the TV and was able to change the input with the IR blaster on my tablet. I don't know if the TVs are still the same as they were a few years ago. It was nice to watch a few movies off the tablet, but I don't even bother anymore. All the cabins I've stayed in had Samsung TVs up to November of last year.

Just off the Epic -inside cabin- and we were able to take the tv off its hooks, attach wires ( red, yellow white plugs ) for dvd player and just replaced the tv

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

thank you for this info, do you remember what kind of TV it was?

was the TV remote the OEM remote that came with the TV?

I was able to hook up my tablet via a 90 degree HDMI adapter to the back of the TV. This was in an inside in 2013 and I just removed the ships HDMI cable and plugged mine in. In an aft balcony in 2014, I plugged into the side of the TV and was able to change the input with the IR blaster on my tablet. I don't know if the TVs are still the same as they were a few years ago. It was nice to watch a few movies off the tablet, but I don't even bother anymore. All the cabins I've stayed in had Samsung TVs up to November of last year.

This was on the Epic....

I always travel with these types of adaptors myself/ due to the fact you never know.

the app you are talking about [iR blaster] is it for all TV's?

IR blaster is the name of the app?

thank you for this info

This was on the Epic....

I always travel with these types of adaptors myself/ due to the fact you never know.

the app you are talking about [iR blaster] is it for all TV's?

IR blaster is the name of the app?

thank you for this info

Yes, this was on the Epic. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet with an IR(infrared) blaster built in that allows the tablet to act like a TV remote. I used a universal remote app from the play store.

Yes, this was on the Epic. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet with an IR(infrared) blaster built in that allows the tablet to act like a TV remote. I used a universal remote app from the play store.

thank you for the quick reply

• 2 months later...

Hey Gang....

Just off the Epic on a b2b [EBTA & Canary Islands] for a total of 23 days....I will do a report later/ but wanted to report on my search with pictures/ and how to hook up a iPad / DVD player/ ever a laptop.

: note: you need your own cables for hook up:

TV back.JPG

The TV can be lifted of the wall/ gently grab the TV/ a little twist-lift up

As you can see all of the inputs are there and can be used.

TV HDMI 3 input.JPG

The most common input is the HDMI, which is accessable without filling the TV off the wall.

TV remote Source Button.JPG

Once you hook you iPad/DVD/ and or Laptop/ on the remote look for the "blue" [TV picture] button

this is your source button for the TV/ no need to bring a universal remote [as I did]

TV Source screen.JPG

Once you click the source button on the remote/ this is the screen that appears.

Click the source button until you find your source that you have hooked up [see below]

TV Source on Screen HDMI 3.JPG

As you can see I used the HDMI 3 source for our iPad for Movie night before bed...

TV view on a 23 day cruise can be lacking /

I hope this helps all that use / like to have their laptop/ cameras/ DVD players/ iPads with them on Vacation...on long cruises, it is a must.

I look forward to any comments/ and or questions you may have.

Robin D

side note: I was not looking forward to this NCL cruise/ I am a HUGE DCL FAN...

But now a HUGE NCL FAN, so much so, we booked 2 more cruises on board! :cool:

Hey Gang....

Just off the Epic on a b2b [EBTA & Canary Islands] for a total of 23 days....I will do a report later/ but wanted to report on my search with pictures/ and how to hook up a iPad / DVD player/ ever a laptop.

TV back.JPG

TV HDMI 3 input.JPG

The most common input is the HDMI, which is accessable without filling the TV off the wall.

TV remote Source Button.JPG

Once you hook you iPad/DVD/ and or Laptop/ on the remote look for the "blue" [TV picture] button

this is your source button for the TV/ no need to bring a universal remote [as I did]

TV Source screen.JPG

Once you click the source button on the remote/ this is the screen that appears.

Click the source button until you find your source that you have hooked up [see below]

TV Source on Screen HDMI 3.JPG

As you can see I used the HDMI 3 source for our iPad for Movie night before bed...

I hope this helps all that use / like to have their laptop/ cameras/ DVD players/ iPads with them on Vacation...on long cruises, it is a must.

Robin D

But now a HUGE NCL FAN, so much so, we booked 2 more cruises on board! :cool:

I can't see anything either. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH, Let me try this again/ But this time with pictures:

Hey Gang....

TV%20back_zpsbh7zdtn4.jpg

TV%20inputs%20rightside_zps2txxiitv.jpg

The most common input is the HDMI, which is accessable without taking the TV off the wall.

TV%20remote%20Source%20Button_zpsooir0ew3.jpg

Once you hook you iPad/DVD/ and or Laptop/ on the remote look for the "blue" [TV picture, end of he pen pointer] button

TV%20Source%20screen_zpsv08v3p4w.jpg

TV%20Source%20on%20Screen%20HDMI%203_zpst4vdedta.jpg

To change back to NCL TV mode/ keep on clicking the blue "TV" button on the remote....

SIDE NOTE: the source list will stay on TV for about 30 seconds......

Robin D

But now a HUGE NCL FAN, so much so, we booked 2 more cruises on board! clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Thanks so much, we always bring a lot of things to watch, our last cruise had actual high speed internet and we were able to watch shows live using Dish Anywhere app. But downloading a bunch of shows is not an issue. I will have my phone and ipad for storage of shows. Netflix now allows some downloads as well as Amazon Prime so we will be OK just a matter of shuffling devices and files.