Cabin Question - Traveling with 19yo and 8yo kids

tboss

My husband and I want to take our 19yo and 8yo on a cruise. We've only gone on one cruise with just the two of us. If we book a cruise for all 4, I see that the price goes down for the 3rd and 4th person. Are there cabins that accomdate 4 people or do they just give you 2 cabins?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2003;5;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

If the price for the 3rd and 4th is only 100 or so dollars I would get another cabin. But sometimes the difference is like 400-500 total I would squeeze us all together. Showers in the gym for the boys work out well.

Cruise lines do have 4 people to a cabin. You would ask for a quad cabin.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

While we have never done it, we had dinner with a couple and their two teenagers who were all somehow living in an outside cabin. The cabin had two upper bunks that came down and allowed four people to sleep in the room. From the complaints I heard I would suspect that you might not want to do this unless finances absolutely dictate it is the only way to take the cruise.

Good luck whatever you decided.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

tboss.... we did this back in December 03...on Princess. We put the 20 yo and 11 yo in an inside cabin directly across the hall from us...and we kept the 7 yo with us.

Aside from the price issue....putting them in their own cabin is going to be the best plan.

Good luck.

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

I have done 5 to a cabin on the Sensation. We were only in the room for sleeping and changing. I had three teen boys and a 13 year old niece. THe 3 boys took showers in the gym and got dressed for dinner there. Yes, it is very close quarters but it is very do-able. I also must state that our 3rd and 4th passenger was only 199.pp at the time.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

• 4 weeks later...

I cruised with my boyfriend, his 12 yr. old son, his 14 yr. old daughter and my 6 year old son in one cabin on the imagination back in 2000. Thank god it was only a four day cruise. We broke up soon after. We've since got back together but we always book separate cabins for the kids and always go on 7 day or longer cruises.

Live to cruise

Paradise 8/04

Legend 4/04

Paradise 11/03

Nordic Empress 4/03

Century 11/2

Zenith 3/02

Imagination 11/00

Go ahead and get the one cabin and save the money. You are never going to see your 8 year old because he will want to stay in the kids' club with all the other kids that age. They keep them really entertained. We practically had to go down and drag our kids out so they would eat dinner with us at night. Now, if the 19 year old is anything like ours, he will sleep almost to noon anyway. You will be up and dressed and long gone before he ever gets up. It all works out just fine.

We traveled on over 10 cruises with our two kids. We have just now started getting them separate cabins now that they are both in grad school at ages 22 & 26. Use the extra money you will save on doing fun things with the family.

Archived