Heathrow To Southampton???

CGTNORMANDIE

ROSS

A couple of suggestions.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow has details of various ways to get to Southampton and has links to other sites - including the National Express coach transfer service

http://www.adlg.co.uk has a limo/mini van service between Heathrow and Southampton Docks and the web site gives details of prices etc.

If you need any further info, just ask.

Speedwell

I would suggest you contact a company called Woodford Chauffeurs who are talked about a lot over on the Britain board. We had excellent service from them this year on a transfer to Dover (they serve Dover, Southampton and Harwich) and met many onboard who had also transferred using them. The owners are avid cruisers so are very tuned in to the needs of customers and the difficulities they can face - in our case our ship was relocated from Dover to HArwich and they did not bat an eyelid at what logistically must have been a nightmare for them

I have I think pasted their olink below and I found emails very promptly responded to by Cheryl

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk

Hi! I'd go for a private transfer if there are a large group of you, i.e. more than 6. If less then perhaps the National Express coach would be cheaper but the coach only goes as far as Southampton Coach/Bus station, then there is a free link bus to the terminal. You could go by train but again there are 2 changes involved, not easy if you have a load of luggage. Perhaps the links you've been sent will help. I can search for some airport transfer companies if you need them. Let me know!! I've travelled to/from Heathrow and we've cruised from Southampton too so i know both places quite well.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE.

I noticed quotes of 166 or 176 BP...is this for the van only or does it come with a driver. Does anyone know of a bus company that has a mini-bus??? We might be able to put together 20 or more people for this cruise.

THANKS IN ADAVANCE!!!

ROSS

Hi! I'd go for a private transfer if there are a large group of you, i.e. more than 6. If less then perhaps the National Express coach would be cheaper but the coach only goes as far as Southampton Coach/Bus station, then there is a free link bus to the terminal. You could go by train but again there are 2 changes involved, not easy if you have a load of luggage. Perhaps the links you've been sent will help. I can search for some airport transfer companies if you need them. Let me know!! I've travelled to/from Heathrow and we've cruised from Southampton too so i know both places quite well.

Can you explain about this free link bus, please? It goes to the cruise terminal? Where do we catch it?

We'll be taking National Express into Southampton from Victoria Station next April for our cruise on the Millie, and I thought we had to take a cab from the bus station in Southampton to the cruise terminal.

Many thanks for the help!

Wow 215 GBP sounds like a great deal for a 16 seater bus and driver. I have been quoted by one company, 169 GBP for 2 of us with a car and driver and 209 GBP if we stop at Stonehenge for 45 minutes!!

Not interested in the train thing, we did that once before to Harwich.

I am going to check out Woodford

ROSS

Yes, the price includes the driver. An 8 seater is £155.

I have not used this company myself (my neighbour drives me to the airport/cruise terminal!!!), but it did have the sort of vehicles you might need for a large group.

Alan

Wow 215 GBP sounds like a great deal for a 16 seater bus and driver. I have been quoted by one company, 169 GBP for 2 of us with a car and driver and 209 GBP if we stop at Stonehenge for 45 minutes!!

Not interested in the train thing, we did that once before to Harwich.

I am going to check out Woodford

I agree. I wonder what the "catch" is. Last year, private car hire was $285.00 from Heathrow to Southampton. This year, we are renting a mini van from Heathrow to Southampton one way-$245.00, although it is cancellable.

There will be 4 of us sharing AND we will have the car for transport to the ship and anything else we want. Thought we would do a sightseeing trip to Stonehenge, but they are closed January 1. Last year, taxis to the ship from the Holiday Inn were $20.00 each taxi. And the taxis can only hold three people with cruise luggage.

THANKS ALAN!!! WOW!!! That is great news...155 GBP!!! This is the best I have heard about...thanks so much. So that would be...FIRST CHOICE MINIBUS???

I am glad I posted this thread...seems like there are a lot of pax who have the same questions.

THANKS,

ROSS

HI to all.. I have to assume these questions are coming from fellow passengers on 4/21 Millenium cruise.

WE are four arriving at Heathrow about 8:30 am the day of sailing.

I checked out National Express and that was fine but a little bit of a challenge as we will have two bags each. Thought I saw something about the weight limit.

WE would be interested in a private mini bus etc if we can get enough people.

Keep in touch as you get information. I checked with my agent and Celebrity offers transfers at about $85 each. Surely a group can do way better than that.

Keep in touch .. this is impt.

Fran

I live near Southampton about 30 miles away - I would recommend a local cab company - if anyone reading this lives near SOuthampton maybe they can telephone a local company and get a quote.

I am sure the fare would be a lot less than that already quoted here.

yes it is cheaper to book the cab from Southampton or nearby since its a lot cheaper than the Heathrow ones.

I can try and make enquiries over the weekend if you like but I cant "recommend" any particular one. We use our local cab company here in Worthing which is about 30 miles or so away from Southampton.

I am going to enquire of our local one (I did telephone them but since you want the mini bus those ones only work of an evening unless its a special, like you for instance.) I will make the enquiry and report back.

ROSS

Yes, the price includes the driver. An 8 seater is £155.

I have not used this company myself (my neighbour drives me to the airport/cruise terminal!!!), but it did have the sort of vehicles you might need for a large group.

Alan

I think someone is pulling someone's leg. I emailed this company for FOUR people and got the following in return:

Hi XXXX, the price is £155, this includes a meet & greet. The driver will meet your group at the information desk 45 minutes after the last flight arrives. Waiting time is applicable at £25.00 per hour there after. Please let us know if you would like to go ahead with the booking regards Vincent.

I find it hard to believe this company will take 16 pax for 215GP or even 8 for 155GBP. Why doesn't someone else email and ask them for the 8 person rate? I think I'm sticking with my rental mini van for $247.00 for three days.

If I knew how to copy the e-mail from this company to this page I would show you the quote.

However, just in case this price seems too good to be true, I have asked another couple of companies for their rates.

I will let you know the results.

Alan

HI GREATAM...

NOT SO HARD TO BELIEVE REALLY...I have found a number of services so far...and the prices are quite reasonable.

I certainly don't think almost $300.00 for 4 people is REASONABLE.

speedwell posted 155GBP for 8. I got quoted 155GBP for 4. Quite a difference. No mention of availability for an 8 seat vehicle (there are quite a few arriving New Year's Day at Heathrow and the busses and trains are on a very reduced schedule). So we could probably fill the 8 seater easily. But there still has not been any confirmation of whether the 8 seater can also hold CRUISE LUGGAGE AND 8 people. The picture the guy sent me looked like a minivan. NO WAY 8 people and cruise luggage are going to fit.

At this time, I am sticking to my one way rental car for 3 DAYS. No taxis, no fuss, no muss and $247.00 total, including insurance.

Archived