Have you seen an Celebrities on your Cruise?!

ricko19

I ask because one of my co-workers was on a cruise from Los Angeles down to Mexico this past winter and Jason Alexander (AKA George Costanza from the show Seinfeld) was on the same cruise. The had a few beers together and my buddy got a pic w/ him.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I apologize if this is not the right forum for this topic.

I just thought it'd be fun to hear others stories!

We had one of actresses from Beverly Hills 90210 with us on a cruise. She joined us for cocktails one evening. I never watched the show so had no clue who she was or what her character was. She laughed at my jokes. I'm not sure I even remember her name, I think it was Lindsey or something like that.

I only found later when someone who was a fan of the show saw us talking, and asked if I'd had any pictures taken with her.

We were assigned to a table with Carl Sagan's sister. She's not famous, except by relationship with her departed brother.

We rode on a tender with the actress who played Vicki on the Love Boat series.

In 2005 we did a transatlantic crossing on the QM2. One of the guest speakers was John Cleese of Monty Python fame. At one point, he and his wife were walking around the decks right in front of us. We laughed and said that now we can say that we strolled the decks of the QM2 with John Cleese. I doubt that he is claiming the same thing about us!

The next year, we crossed on the QM2 to England again. (We use it as one-way transportation to England to visit family. Hate to fly!) This time, I saw Uma Thurman walking through the King's Court carrying a lunch tray trying to find a table. Didn't get to stroll the decks with her though.

We were on Radisson's 'Paul Gauguin' from Tahiti and sailed with Barbara Eden ('I Dream of Jeannie') and her husband. We had seen them at LAX and they were behind us in the security line. Then we actually met them on the private island, took the tender back to the ship with them, went on the same jetski excursion at Bora Bora, and had Christmas dinner with them! My husband was seated right next to her and they are a wonderful couple, it was a pleasure to meet them. :)

Depends on what you mean by celebrities. On Crystal, I've seen more than than I can count. "Celebrities" such as Olympians like Bart Conner and his wife Nadia, Mary Lou Retton. Mostly they have what you call B list celebrities like Marion Ross, Debbie Reynolds, David Brenner, Jonathan Winters, Marvin Hamlish, and a few soap stars. And then they've had what you'd call famous people, not necessarily celebrities. Astronaut Buzz Aldren, Walter Cronkite, Peter Arnett, Marlin Fitzwater, and people like ambassadors, military men like Norman Schwartzkopf.

We were on Radisson's 'Paul Gauguin' from Tahiti and sailed with Barbara Eden ('I Dream of Jeannie') and her husband. We had seen them at LAX and they were behind us in the security line. Then we actually met them on the private island, took the tender back to the ship with them, went on the same jetski excursion at Bora Bora, and had Christmas dinner with them! My husband was seated right next to her and they are a wonderful couple, it was a pleasure to meet them. :)

I probably wouldn't be able to talk if I met Barbara Eden. Even now. I hate to brag but we were on a 7 day cruise and got to meet and spend a lot of time with Soupy Sales. Very nice and funny man. Our highlight had to be having dinner and listening to stories with a few of Elvis Presleys musicians and backup singers along with Sam Phillips, the founder of Sun Records. The thrill of a lifetime for DW and I.

About 7 years ago we cruised with our kids. I took a photo of my son in the hot tub. Much later, looking back at the photos, I SWEAR DR. PHIL WAS IN THE HOT TUB WITH HIM! I guess that was about the time Dr. Phil was starting on Oprah, so I didn't recognize him on the cruise and have never had any OFFICIAL confirmation that it was him. But it was - had to be.

I have met many celebrities on various cruise ships over the years.

Helen Hayes and Patricia Neal were onboard the former Rotterdam, Jack Jones and his dad Alan sailed with us on Royal Caribbean, I met Jim Nabors and Yvonne De Carlo onboard a Sitmar cruise, Frank Gorshin was on the Norway, and Charo was on the Legend of the Seas, a New Year's cruise in Hawaii. She put on a fabulous New Year's Eve show for us.

Susan Anton was once on Royal Caribbean and several others whos names escape me right now.

I have never asked any of them for their autographs or had a picture taken with them. In fact, Patricia Neal commented on that when she looked for me at bingo one day, saying how much she enjoyed acting like a regular passenger and having a nice woman to woman conversation. .

I had mentioned to Helen Hayes that we had a mutual friend in England. My friend Norah was a stand-in for Miss Hayes many years ago. Miss Hayes and I sat in the Lido Cafe on the Rotterdam writing a postcard to Norah one day. She mailed it, as I didn't have Norah's address with me. She said she had it in her cabin with all her other contacts.

When our friend Norah visited us a year later, she called her friend Helen, and Helen Hayes invited her and my husband and I to her home in Nyak for lunch.

My husband had an important business appointment that day, and I drove with Norah to Nyak for the luncheon. This was just a few days before Oscar night and I asked if I could see her Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy. She asked a servant to show us to her family room in the basement, and I held her Oscar, which was standing with the other awards on the mantle. I nearly dropped it, as I had no idea how heavy the Oscar is.

She sent me a christmas card after that and when she died, her son, James Mc Arthur sent us an invitation to her funeral service in the Helen Hayes

Theater in New York.

I found that celebrities are just regular people like us, and they don't want to be treated any different.

Ginnie

Krazy Kruiser - I'm in the boat...ship, I mean, ship! However, it's probably not because they aren't on the ship, we're just so out of touch with tv and movies that unless the person is (was) a huge star, I'd be clueless. Guess we'll just have to keep sailing until we meet someone!

However, my brother and his wife got to sail with John Austin ( the original Gomez Addams). He was a little distant with them until Rachel mentioned she'd attended theater classes with Ted Cassidy - after that, he was very gracious.

Charlie

On my second cruise on the Glory, as I was sipping my 5th. margarita, I met Elvis on the Lido deck. He was supposed to meet me the next day at Margaritaville, and bring Sinatra along, but they never showed up. It seems like that happens to me alot lately.

On my second cruise on the Glory, as I was sipping my 5th. margarita, I met Elvis on the Lido deck. He was supposed to meet me the next day at Margaritaville, and bring Sinatra along, but they never showed up. It seems like that happens to me alot lately.

Maybe they did show up.

I met the guy that played Carmine on the old Laverne and Shirley show while on the Tropicale in 2001. He performed on the ship the next night.

Didn't get a chance to talk personally, but Darius Rucker, lead singer of the group Hootie and the Blowfish got married on the Grand Princess in Nov 1999. Saw him around the ship with his "posse".

Archived