Carnival Legend first timer!

jmadd

I need the ins and outs of this ship... i have cruised smaller and larger vessels, but never this class.

Are there any special hide away areas?

I hear there is a lounge/dance club on one of the lower decks....whats it called and is it worth seeking out!

:confused:

That sounds like the Firebird lounge and yes it's a good one to seek out, watch the Capers to see what's going on in there as its kinda like a showroom.

Its all the way forward and a good place to know about anyway because you may gather there as a staging area for a tender port or to get off the ship if you need to go early on the last day.

We love this class ship and have found it to be our favorite size, not too big and not too small. Not that we didn't like the others, this one just seems to fit better.

I might mention that on our last (of two) Legend cruise we had the very best food, service and overall cruise experience of any, hands down.

I think you've made a great choice!

Besides the Firebird Lounge, there is Satchmo's Lounge, which when we were on in the Legend in July, featured Music Zone Band who played awesome rock and roll! We always found ourselves back in that bar every night. The band members were always looking for requests and if you had one that they didn't know, they would know it by the next night!

We also really enjoyed the Legend. I agree with Chris on this one, not too big or too small. Just right! :)

There are a couple of other spots on the lower decks that you might check out. Satchmo's on the Promenade deck has a dance floor and Medusa's Lair (never did figure out what that was) is on both the Riviera and Promenade decks. :)

Medusa's Lair is the club/disco - 2 levels - top is bars and seats that overlooks the bottom floor that is a dance floor (that lights up underneath - like Saturday Night Fever) and there are chairs and tables. The staircase going down is spiral and I think the steps are see-through. We were there twice - it's fine if you like to dance to a DJ!!

All the clubs are great..I attended them all..The Firebird Lounge(Forward down the steps) has karaoke. Watch your capers. Its alot of fun, and very well attended! Its a beautiful lounge, I loved it.

And if you're looking for a quiet place to hang out and either meet friends or curl-up with a book, try The Enchanted Forest on deck 3 forward (haven't been on the Legend yet but was on the Spirit and they are the same layout). On the Spirit this area had couch type of seating against the walls and chairs with tables up against the porthole/windows. It goes up from one side of the ship and then around to the other..........enkoyed being able to see the ocean going by without the hustle and bustle of someone the atrium area's foot traffic.

Archived