what's the difference between 4A and 1A?

umber

Whilst a 1a is usually booked by singles, they can in fact hold more.

Most 1a's are a single bed and an upper. Some others that are placed in odd nooks and cranny's have 2 singles and sometimes are even outside cabins with windows.

I had a 1a on the Conquest (6393) that had 2 singles and an upper. I had the steward push the singles together.

2055017400071024607S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Are they the same size?

No, they are different sizes. Someone said they thought on the Fantasy ships they were about 10 s.f. smaller, cant confirm this, there is a site you can look up different cabins.

On the Conquest, the two with the windows and L shape are 220 s.f., the same as a OV, only two on the ship on Main deck, the others are more the size of a inside cabin.

With the bed gone from the floor, even thought they are a tad smaller, most say the cabin feels bigger because it has more floor space.

There are even some with a convertible sofa instead of the upper bed. Most are designed to hold 2 people. The one big duck is showing holds 3, but its the exception.

What cabin/ship is this? looks great for a single!

I would guess its a Conquest class ship, because of the two port holes. Our friend has one of these port hole cabins booked for the Craziers cruise who is going as a single. I think only the Conquest class ships have 1As with the port holes.

are the 1A cheaper than the 4A?

From what Iv seen, they are often about $20 less pp than the IS guarantee, which is usually cheaper than the 4As.

I got a 1A guarantee on the Ecstasy, it was $50 less pp than the 4A at the time. $100 on a 5 day cruise. Enough Im willing to take my chances, even though it will be me on the upper bunk.

are the 1A cheaper than the 4A?

According to my Carnival PVP, Spirit class ships don't have any upper/lower 1A cabins, so he advised us to book a 1A guarantee to save money. I got scared because all the pictures of 1A cabins on the Carnival website showed upper/lower beds (I'm sailing with my husband), but he assured us that every 1A cabin on Spirit class ships has two beds that can be pushed together.

That being said, we got our cabin assignment and were upgraded to a 5A. :D

From what Iv seen, they are often about $20 less pp than the IS guarantee, which is usually cheaper than the 4As.

I got a 1A guarantee on the Ecstasy, it was $50 less pp than the 4A at the time. $100 on a 5 day cruise. Enough Im willing to take my chances, even though it will be me on the upper bunk.

lol i cound never do a upper bunk way to big for that but my kid could we just booked a 4a for my dd and dn right across from my balcony just never seen the 1a's i guess wow have to look into that thanks.

lol i cound never do a upper bunk way to big for that but my kid could we just booked a 4a for my dd and dn right across from my balcony just never seen the 1a's i guess wow have to look into that thanks.

Ask me again later if it was worth it if we actually get assigned a 1A. Im not sure if you get the same good mattresses on the upper bunks as if you had the regular twin on the floor on Ecstasy. I do know its bunks, seen them.

I meet a man older than me up on deck early one morning who slept separate from his wife even at home and she put him and his son in a 1A and got a good cabin for herself. The son was on oxygen so the older man had the upper bunk. he said it wasnt that bad lol. Im willing to try it.

One thing about SOME 1A's is their odd sizes. Maybe small and may be quite large too. Ships cabins on modern ships are built in total in a cabin building factory. Wired, plumped, decored, everything is finished. Then they are loaded on a truck and trucked to the shipyard where a crane picks up an entire cabin and lifts it onto the ship where it is "plugged" in and bolted down. In the old days cabins were hand built in place on the ship. Some 1A's being fitted into odd size spaces still are hand built on the ship. And they are built to fit the space available [like government work], and thats why some are large and some are small.

Dan

Some of the 1A's on the victory have porthole windows.

The 1a I had (room 2216) had two porthole windows, and it was a single bed and a convertible sofabed. The sofabed was just as comfy as the regular bed though, and there was decent space in the room.

According to my Carnival PVP, Spirit class ships don't have any upper/lower 1A cabins, so he advised us to book a 1A guarantee to save money. I got scared because all the pictures of 1A cabins on the Carnival website showed upper/lower beds (I'm sailing with my husband), but he assured us that every 1A cabin on Spirit class ships has two beds that can be pushed together.

That being said, we got our cabin assignment and were upgraded to a 5A. :D

For future consideration(from cruisedeckplans)

Spirit class 1A's

Cabin 1111 (1A ISTW) 185 sq ft

beds: twin/king rab:0

Cabin 1247, 1249, 1255, 1257, (1A ISTW) 185 sq ft

beds: twin/king rab:0

I didn't look at every deck 1A but this looks to be true for the 5 1A's on the rivera deck

Those five are the only 1A cabins on Spirit class ships (which is seemingly why they are the best possible upgrade opportunities for those booking a 1A)

no doubt.......I didn't realize that they were the only 5...glad I didn't take more time looking for others.

I just checked 7 day Legend for the summer '09(early august)......1A guarantee $689/person.

Think I might go for it to get the kids to the western....book 2 1A guar and see what we get.

I'm a balcony snob, but for a summer rate with the kids........I'd suffer. LOL

I'm booked on the Fascination, paid for a 1A, got a 4A. Just wondering what the difference is.

You will have two twins that push together for a full sized bed. thats the main difference, plus 1As are in out of the way places, like all the way to the front of the ship usually, a few in the back, or besides stair wells, or inside the inside cabins (a separate way to access them but more out of the way, in back of the row of insides). the odd shapes are the 1As.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the mattress quality and width in a 4A vs. a 1A on the Fantasy class ships? Currently, we have an IS booked for a family of 4 on the Inspiration but it would only cost a little more for two 1As instead. But DH is very picky about a comfortable mattress so that would be the sole deciding factor.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Can anyone tell me the difference between the mattress quality and width in a 4A vs. a 1A on the Fantasy class ships? Currently, we have an IS booked for a family of 4 on the Inspiration but it would only cost a little more for two 1As instead. But DH is very picky about a comfortable mattress so that would be the sole deciding factor.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you

the 1A and 4A is just a category pricing thing. The same bedding is used for all of the categories.

if it were me, I'd always get the extra cabin if I could get it.

Archived