What are your favorite things to do on the first day of the cruise?

DBKK

We will be cruising next weekend on NCL Star for the first time. Any suggestions on what to do first? I am sure we will want to do everything right away. Is the kids club open on the first day and if so, would you recommend sending the kids (8 and 11) to it right away?

I like to find my room, check it out and drop carry on stuff.

Than start vacation with

1: DOD (drink of the day) and

2: a tour of the buffet line

3: see number 1 and 2 repeat as nesseary until life boat drill.

Never go to life boat drill without at least one DOD under you belt.

Do let your kids go the 1st time the club is available--that's when all the kids meet each other. If you wait, they'll feel like the "new kids at school"!

I immediately head to the pool, since I wear my bathing suit (under clothes!) onto the ship. (It may be the last time you get the lounge of choice!!) I get a frozen strawberry dacquari, and call my friends to gloat a bit! Once the ship gets underway, the phone is turned off, and we start getting ready to meet our tablemates for a lovely dinner!

First thing we do is check if our room is ready yet. If not then we go hit the buffet and then by that time our room is ready. So we go back and unpack all of our clothes, freshen up and go explore the ship. Then we go to the muster drill and take some goofy pics. After that is sail off and we go grab a private little spot to relax and enjoy a drink.

Grab a burger and fries, grab a Foo Foo Drink, and relax.... In that order:D

We will be cruising next weekend on NCL Star for the first time. Any suggestions on what to do first? I am sure we will want to do everything right away. Is the kids club open on the first day and if so, would you recommend sending the kids (8 and 11) to it right away?

Hi DBKK. I've done 9 cruises so far, and I find the first day is usually spent just touring the ship, finding out where everything is, including pool, restaurants, kid zones, etc. By the time you have your buffet lunch after arriving on board, tour the ship, do your lifeboat drill... it will then be time for dinner! After dinner you might either be totally worn out with your travel and first day, or you can hit one of the shows. I would leave sending the kids to the kids' club until second day, after you've all toured the ship together. Enjoy!! My kids and I (they're grown, mind you) absolutely LOVE cruising!!

1. Go ck out our cabin and drop off the carryons

2. eat lunch

3. explore the ship

4. muster drill

5. wait for sail away :D

One time we did take a quick nap and woke up to the intercom calling all passengers to the muster drill. We felt like zombies!!! :eek:

As soon as we embark, we dump our handcarries in our stateroom, then go to the dining room as soon as we know it's open and check out our dining room table - making sure we are not in some far off corner or if we want a table for 2, we try to request that - THEN we go to the Windjammer and have lunch - have a pina colada - back to the cabin and unpack if our luggages have arrived, rest a bit and go to Muster. Corkey

• 4 weeks later...

1. Locate cabin and drop off the carryons stuff. If luggage in cabin, unpack dress garments

2. Head up to LIDO to eat lunch

3. Purchase frozen drink that comes near me and explore the ship

4. Attend the muster drill and smile for the PIC

5. Buy a Miami Vice for sail away (as a #2 drink!) :D

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

We like to explore the ship!! If we haven't been on the ship before or haven't been on it in a long time. We always seem to find a cool spot we never seen before. We haven't been on the Destiny in a long time so I cant wait to see her again.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone should sign up for the ship's tour. Then you will have your barrings as to where everything is. Of course the first thing you do is find your room and eat lunch. We always sing up for the specialty restaurant the first day also. Most lines will allow you to do this for the whole week-although NCL only allows you 24 hours ahead in a reg. stateroom 48 hoursfor a balcony or mini suite, only the suite PAX can book for the whole week ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite thing is when my cabin is ready and my luggage has arrived. I love finding my cabin and turning it into "home". Putting everything away in the drawers and organizing all of my stuff.

Then if I have time before the muster drill, I love to take a nap. We usually travel all day to get to our cruise and a nap will allow me to be nice and awake for all of the fun that the 1st night has to offer!

We first check out the cabins...then get the kids a drink pass....and then head to the dining area for lunch! After lunch we do a quick tour of the ship then head up to the pool area and stay there for the sail away party!!! :D Woo hoo!!

It seems everyone is in a hurry the first few hours....

I'd say CHILL OUT!!!

Usually I like getting my things in the cabin if possible, if not I hit the deck. It really gets you in the cruise mood when you here that music and people are gathering around the pool.

Sometimes they teach new dance's to do throughout the cruise.

I always do the muster drill... Not fun, but give's you a chance to talk to some people.

Take your time seeing the ship.. late at night or morning time is less crowed. And watching the sun come up all by your self is really nice...

I'm an early bird thou.....

On my first cruie I killed myself to do everything.

Rememer there is no possible way to do that.

Now I do what I want, when I want.....

Relax and have fun.

Archived