Europe Promo has been extended.

pratzert

Of the 40 itins originally listed under the 2K promo, only 28 remain...7 itins are now listed under the 1K promo and 5 itins are no longer listed under either of these two promos.

Kathleen

Going once.... going twice..... GONE !

I remember seeing one three weeks ago that must have been sold out, it was a nice itinirary and every catagory said "wait list".

I'm glad we got the sailing we wanted before they sold out.

Going once.... going twice..... GONE !

I remember seeing one three weeks ago that must have been sold out, it was a nice itinirary and every catagory said "wait list".

I'm glad we got the sailing we wanted before they sold out.

At the onset of this thread, you perhaps felt that you had been duped by the time extension...so it is good to see that you feel better about your ultimate decision.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Kathleen

At the onset of this thread, you perhaps felt that you had been duped by the time extension...so it is good to see that you feel better about your ultimate decision.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

I've already started daydreaming.... it's going to be a L O N G wait.

We don't go until Sept. 2010.

It will give me plenty of time to do research and book the best excursions.:)

Hi Kathleen,

I've already started daydreaming.... it's going to be a L O N G wait.

We don't go until Sept. 2010.

It will give me plenty of time to do research and book the best excursions.:)

Looks like there is a roll call already started for your sailing:

Insignia Sept 17-2010 Venice to Barcelona

It's easier to pass the time planning with your soon-to-be fellow passengers.;)

Kathleen

You need to see if your original cruise invoice had the taxes and fees added as a separate line item, because Oceania recently changed its pricing structure so that those fees are now included in the cruise fare. So the cruise fare may look higher but in reality the bottom line is that the total cost is same since the taxes and fees are accounted for in the cruise fare whereas they were an add-on before.

I'm talking about the price quoted on the O website for the same category of cabin on the same cruise, post 1 September vs last week, not what was on my invoice. The promotion shows as being still available but the price is now higher.

Cheers

I'm talking about the price quoted on the O website for the same category of cabin on the same cruise, post 1 September vs last week, not what was on my invoice. The promotion shows as being still available but the price is now higher.

Cheers

How much higher?

Cheers

Timtammi-

Yes, it's a mixed bag. It appears that some cruises have maintained their original sale prices, some have had the bonus discount reduced in various ways, some have had their prices raised and some a combination of these changes.

For our cruise, the sale price (same cabin, etc) is the same, but the cruise price on O's site is about $440 higher than the cruise price on their site when we booked (and in mid-August). When we looked into this with our TA, it turned out the bottom line had not changed for our cruise, just that air taxes and fees are now included in the cruise price, along with the air credit, rather than added on to the cruise price when you book. But for us it didn't matter, anyway, because we're doing our own air. When we looked at the cruise fare without O's air, the price was identical to the price in August.

As you point out, this is certainly not the case for all cruises...probably for only those that haven't experienced the rush of bookings. I do wonder if our cruise remains undersubscribed, whether there will be an added incentive down the road. I can only hope :rolleyes:.

In any event...here's to cruising!!!!

Don't forget, prices were recently adjusted to handle the inclusion of air taxes and fees. This simply moved this charge from a separate line item to being included in the fare. It must be paid either way, but the new way is easier to understand.

If you are taking Oceania's air, the bottom line is the same. If you are booking your own air, the air credit will be higher and your bottom line will still be the same.

They may have raised the prices even higher (I haven't analyzed them), but at least a portion of the increase is in the way air is now billed.

Archived