Room service dinner first night

DaveOKC

We are sailing out of Vancouver in two weeks and I had the idea to use room service to dine on our veranda the first night so not to miss the beautiful scenery. Now I know that you can normally select items off of the regular main dining room menu for room service (if you call during the first 1/2 hour), but can you do this the first night?

DaveOKC

We are sailing out of Vancouver in two weeks and I had the idea to use room service to dine on our veranda the first night so not to miss the beautiful scenery. Now I know that you can normally select items off of the regular main dining room menu for room service (if you call during the first 1/2 hour), but can you do this the first night?

DaveOKC

Yes you can Dave. We did it on the Westerdam out of Seattle bound for Alaska. And I plan to do it out of Ft Lauderdale also:D

Sure can...we did just that sailing out of NYC. Take a peek at the menu posted in front of dining room (sometime during the first hours on board)

Luckily we had done that while exploring the dining room and remembered a few selections...they seemed most reluctant to read me the menu over the phone when I called..

It would be nice if they could post all the menus on a channel on the cabinTV.

Have a wonderful cruise...our first dinner aboard was lovely:)

CowPrincess - we have open dining- but thanks for the idea.

KK - I know it might be a bit chilly, but we can still dine in the room if it is.

It still might work out better for the first night. Not sure yet what to do, but just want to know my options.

DaveOKC

Sure can...we did just that sailing out of NYC. Take a peek at the menu posted in front of dining room (sometime during the first hours on board

Excellent idea - I wish that wld happen also..

Do suite pax get the daily d.r. menus in their cabins or are they still only available in the Neptune Lounge?

Thanks in advance! :)

I read somewhere on here that menus are available at most bars throughout the ship during the day. Another idea is to go to the main dining room and snap a digital photo of the menu, bring it to your room and there you will have it. Isn't technology wonderful??

Sure can...we did just that sailing out of NYC. Take a peek at the menu posted in front of dining room (sometime during the first hours on board

Excellent idea - I wish that wld happen also..

Do suite pax get the daily d.r. menus in their cabins or are they still only available in the Neptune Lounge?

Thanks in advance! :)

All the menus are in the Neptune Lounge.

All PS, SA, SB and SC cabins do get the menus in their cabins.

The lounges will have them around noon time on some ships -- on others -- not until around 4 PM.

I read somewhere on here that menus are available at most bars throughout the ship during the day. Another idea is to go to the main dining room and snap a digital photo of the menu, bring it to your room and there you will have it. Isn't technology wonderful??

I've yet to own a digital camer with LCD large enough to read it after I snap it...EM

I've yet to own a digital camer with LCD large enough to read it after I snap it...EM

If you have a laptop or notebook with you on the cruise you can download the digital pictures to it and then have a full sized screen view of your photos. (hubby brings his lap top specifically so we can download all the photos every day.) He also brings extra thumb drives so we have double back ups.

It may have been an isolated occurence, but we tried the balcony dining the first night on board and it was a bad experience. Room service was erratic - when we questioned why, we were told that many of the room service waiters were still being used to bring luggage to the cabins and that the kitchen also had problems that night. SOOOOO next time we did it was other than the night of sailing, and it was much better with smooth service:)

What a great idea!

[quote name=cruisecrasy;21069804

All the menus are in the Neptune Lounge.

All PS' date=' SA, SB and SC cabins do get the menus in their cabins.

The lounges will have them around noon time on some ships -- on others -- not until around 4 PM.]

Most grateful KK - u are so generous with your time & info - :)

On most digital cameras (even the cheap point and shoot) when you display the image on the camera - you can Zoom in on the view by using the same method that you Zoom in when you take pictures. That should make it readable - you may need to scroll back and forth and up and down but it is doable in almost all digital cameras.:)

How do you manage the food in room service? The tables in the rooms we've had were not large enough to hold everything. The few times that we have had room service we found it very awkward. By the time that our food, utensils and serving dishes were on the table there was no room for our plates and saucers. This was a particular problem when we've tried to have breakfast on our balcony because the balcony tables usually are very small. We had to put some things on the bed. What's the secret?

Bobed - I am very fortunate to be in a suite this trip. There is plenty of room on the balcony and even the coffee table in the room works OK (but not great). Now, the problem is the cold and wet weather in Sept out of Vancouver, so we will just have to wait and see how it is.

Same here -- I wouldn't be able to read the menu from my digital camera unless I brought along a printer -- which I have no intention of doing.

They all have zoom when you look at the picture so thats how you look.............my kids told me;)

Archived