Princess emails

sept10dsm

Just wondering if it's still the case. When we booked a cruise with princess in 2004, we stopped receiving emails for special offers. I called Princess back then and I was told that emails for specials aren't sent out when you have a booked cruise. I booked in May for an Oct cruise and now no emails again! I had received at least 1 per month when not booked. Does anyone know of this procedure? It seems I don't receive emails again until after the cruise. Thanks!

Just wondering if it's still the case. When we booked a cruise with princess in 2004, we stopped receiving emails for special offers. I called Princess back then and I was told that emails for specials aren't sent out when you have a booked cruise. I booked in May for an Oct cruise and now no emails again! I had received at least 1 per month when not booked. Does anyone know of this procedure? It seems I don't receive emails again until after the cruise. Thanks!

I get very few email offers when I have a cruise booked. I do though receive snail mail offers at least once a week from Princess even with an upcoming cruise.

Thanks to both of you. I just don't understand why they wouldn't still email. I do get some regular mailings but not many either. I did get some from Holland America (never sailed with them) I don't even have the offers in My Princess, like the rest of the time. Funny, my husband who ususally gets not as good as a price as I do did so on some Panama Canal sailings. Who knows. He was listed as a passenger on our cruise (and it didn't show in his cruise personalizer) but I did the booking.

Oh yea! Come to think of it, I haven't received any offers since I booked either!

Excellent observation!

Hmm, wonder why.

Because they've already got you!

When you come back from a cruise, most people are probably going to start planning their vacation - hence the special offers. I still get snail-mail offers when I have a cruise booked, but no email offers. Most offers are for new bookings only, but it still might be prudent for Princess to send them out, seeing how many people here take multiple cruises per year.

He was listed as a passenger on our cruise (and it didn't show in his cruise personalizer) but I did the booking.

That's strange, I have not heard of that happening before. No matter who booked the cruise initially, it should be linked to each person's captain's circle number and show up on their account no matter what. I would double check this to make sure they have his captain's circle number, if nothing else, to make sure he gets credit for this cruise counted towards his status with Princess. ;)

That's strange, I have not heard of that happening before. No matter who booked the cruise initially, it should be linked to each person's captain's circle number and show up on their account no matter what. I would double check this to make sure they have his captain's circle number, if nothing else, to make sure he gets credit for this cruise counted towards his status with Princess. ;)

I thought so as well. When I called to make the final payment the rep did fix it. If you went into the reservation with his name and booking number it would be there but not if he just signed on and went to the cruise personalizer. The one thing I know is that our Captain Circle numbers aren't they way they are supposed to be (according to a Princess rep) I had gone on an Alaska cruise prior to being married and not with my husband and I was assigned a number. He cruised about 7 or 8 years later and was assigned a number on his own and not linked to mine. I didn't know that numbers we somehow linked (maybe not the right word) and when I booked the rep didn't aske for his Captain Circle number. They still had his old address as well. What you are talking about, credit for the cruise etc is what I was concerned about when the cruise didn't show in his personalizer. All is ok now. (I did also book another cruise for Nov on the Island, he received a better price than I AFTER it was booked and that cruise didn't show either!! We ended up having to cancel that one but that was weird as well. That cruise never showed in his personalizer either!)

This has been very consistent for me - whenever I book a cruise, emails from Princess stop until after I cruise. When I have no cruises booked - I receive tons of emails.

I just don't understand why they don't send them. I would book another cruise if a good offer came along. Just because a cruise is booked, it doesn't mean you wouldn't book another-and emails are free!! Oh well, I guess I have to wait until after Oct again!

I just don't understand why they don't send them. I would book another cruise if a good offer came along. Just because a cruise is booked, it doesn't mean you wouldn't book another-and emails are free!! Oh well, I guess I have to wait until after Oct again!

Ditto!

It almost prevents me from booking far out. I am interested in 2 cruises for next year (Alaska and Canada/NE). I could book them now but if there is a great deal before then on another location, I don't want to "not receive it".

I have never gotten an email ad from Princess - even though I have chosen that option in the Personalizer. I do get snail-mail ads at least once per week. I've gone to Personalizer several times, just to verify that I chose email notification. I have also checked my spam blocker, to make sure that Princess isn't blocked!:p

Ditto!

It almost prevents me from booking far out. I am interested in 2 cruises for next year (Alaska and Canada/NE). I could book them now but if there is a great deal before then on another location, I don't want to "not receive it".

i absolutely agree with this. i'd also like notices from princess even if i have one booked already, i'm not adverse to having more than one booked at a time!

Ditto!

I watch the Canada/NE every year (we live closeby in NJ so no real travel) We are going on our 3rd this Oct and have gotten really great prices each time. In 2007 and this year both were 499 pp obstructed OV. I know not the best cabin, but it's really worth it. With such a port intesive cruise and the cooler weather, not in the cabin much anyway. You do have to watch daily!! The price for me was 499 at the end of May, my daughter booked at 579 pp for the first 2 and 623 for her son (in the same cabin) My price that day was 499 for all 3. The very next day my daughter's price changed as well to the 499 pp and she received a nice reduction. About a month after booking, the prices shot up and most of the cabins were waitlisted. (when we booked the OV was 599, Balcony 699 and mini 899, for my signon) The prices fluctuate so much sometimes in the same day!!

I didn't get an email for this particular pricing, but checked every day (and still do!) I do book directly with Princess as well, the best price was with them at least for this particular cruise.

I watch the Canada/NE every year (we live closeby in NJ so no real travel) We are going on our 3rd this Oct and have gotten really great prices each time. In 2007 and this year both were 499 pp obstructed OV. I know not the best cabin, but it's really worth it. With such a port intesive cruise and the cooler weather, not in the cabin much anyway. You do have to watch daily!! The price for me was 499 at the end of May, my daughter booked at 579 pp for the first 2 and 623 for her son (in the same cabin) My price that day was 499 for all 3. The very next day my daughter's price changed as well to the 499 pp and she received a nice reduction. About a month after booking, the prices shot up and most of the cabins were waitlisted. (when we booked the OV was 599, Balcony 699 and mini 899, for my signon) The prices fluctuate so much sometimes in the same day!!

I didn't get an email for this particular pricing, but checked every day (and still do!) I do book directly with Princess as well, the best price was with them at least for this particular cruise.

You know - I booked the 10/10 cruise in April as Princess offered me a promo (as I didn't have anything booked) called gold mine which was $100 off per cabin. In May when prices were jumping around - I was able to get my price below $800 for a minisuite (when I travel with my mom and her german shephard - we need a minisuite or I go crazy). A few weeks later - it was double that for all of the minisuites and then it never went down.

Unfortunately - due to some unknown circumstances, I had to cancel the cruise as some things came up that I wasn't sure how they were going to play out. As it turned out, I could have went and I am so bummed that I cancelled.

I now really need a trip and wish I had this booked. Though, this route was my 2nd choice as I really want to do the 10 nighter. Maybe, things all happen for a reason and next year I can do the 10 nighter. I was watching those prices also and it was double the cost of a 7 night cruise. Uggh!

I agree - with the trip being very port intensive - a balcony or minisuite is not really necessary as you only have one sea day. We just need the extra space for a dog to play when not working.

You know - I booked the 10/10 cruise in April as Princess offered me a promo (as I didn't have anything booked) called gold mine which was $100 off per cabin. In May when prices were jumping around - I was able to get my price below $800 for a minisuite (when I travel with my mom and her german shephard - we need a minisuite or I go crazy). A few weeks later - it was double that for all of the minisuites and then it never went down.

Unfortunately - due to some unknown circumstances, I had to cancel the cruise as some things came up that I wasn't sure how they were going to play out. As it turned out, I could have went and I am so bummed that I cancelled.

I now really need a trip and wish I had this booked. Though, this route was my 2nd choice as I really want to do the 10 nighter. Maybe, things all happen for a reason and next year I can do the 10 nighter. I was watching those prices also and it was double the cost of a 7 night cruise. Uggh!

I agree - with the trip being very port intensive - a balcony or minisuite is not really necessary as you only have one sea day. We just need the extra space for a dog to play when not working.

It's too bad, I know the prices have stayed pretty high since about a month after our booking. I wish Princess would do a 10 nighter RT on the Canada/NE cruise. There are a few lines that do so and I just wish Princess would. We did have a Panama Canal booked for Nov. 10 on the Island that I also got at a pretty decent rate, 799 pp for OV obstructed, but we had to cancel that one. I think the Oct 31 was even a better deal. I booked it at the beginning of Aug! I did end up cancelling due to it being too close to the other cruise.

On the other hand, I am so amazed with service dogs and how well trained they are! We visited Shennandoah National Park last summer and saw a service dog in training!! He was a Lab and was so sweet!! We sailed on RCCL and there were a few service dogs, and it was just so neat to see them on the ship!! They had a small wood chip area for them to do their business at the back of one of the decks. How does the dog do on the cruise? Does Princess charge anything for the dog? (just curious) Does your Mom have a lab? I love my daughter's Lab (not a guide dog). She is just so loving and sweet. She thinks she is a lap dog and and weighs 3 lbs. She's about 100 lbs.!!

Good luck in finding a good deal on a cruise you want to go on!

How does the dog do on the cruise? Does Princess charge anything for the dog? (just curious) Does your Mom have a lab? I love my daughter's Lab (not a guide dog). She is just so loving and sweet. She thinks she is a lap dog and and weighs 3 lbs. She's about 100 lbs.!!

We have had german shepherds. I think we were pioneers in taking service dogs on cruises and had some bumpy situations way in the beginning (not with the dog but with the cruise lines employees on the ship not understanding the concept of service dogs). We had articles written about us in travel magazines and many cruise lines have told us that because of these articles, service dogs cruising has exploded. In the beginning - cruise lines often referred people to us for information. So, things have come a long way since we started cruising with a service dog in 1998 I think. Princess has been the best to work with so when I cruise with my mom - we don't even risk another line and just go with Princess now. As far as the dog is concerned - as long as bathroom arrangements are properly done - the dog does fine. She receives a lot more attention then normal and just soaks it up as I really think she thinks people came on the cruise to see her. I have yet to tell her differently. I am so thankful for ADA laws and also very thankful for those at Princess who work closely with us to make sure everything is going well. I swear - Princess assigns employees to check on my mom daily to make sure that all of her needs are taken care of. For this reason, they are Princess cruisers for life!

We have had german shepherds. I think we were pioneers in taking service dogs on cruises and had some bumpy situations way in the beginning (not with the dog but with the cruise lines employees on the ship not understanding the concept of service dogs). We had articles written about us in travel magazines and many cruise lines have told us that because of these articles, service dogs cruising has exploded. In the beginning - cruise lines often referred people to us for information. So, things have come a long way since we started cruising with a service dog in 1998 I think. Princess has been the best to work with so when I cruise with my mom - we don't even risk another line and just go with Princess now. As far as the dog is concerned - as long as bathroom arrangements are properly done - the dog does fine. She receives a lot more attention then normal and just soaks it up as I really think she thinks people came on the cruise to see her. I have yet to tell her differently. I am so thankful for ADA laws and also very thankful for those at Princess who work closely with us to make sure everything is going well. I swear - Princess assigns employees to check on my mom daily to make sure that all of her needs are taken care of. For this reason, they are Princess cruisers for life!

It is really great that all the laws have made this all possible. The service dogs are so well trained and they are great to be around. I'm so happy to hear that Princess is so accepting and gracious obout having service dogs aboard!! Dogs are so receptive to humans and want to to be a part of "our pack" I have a back injury and have explained it to my daughter's dog (I know most would think this is crazy) but she never bumps into or lays on the injured part of my back that you can't touch!! Also, I'm the only one that can tell her the bunny sitting in the yard lives there and she shouldn't charge after it and pull!! She just looks at the bunny and goes about her business. I know I'm off the subject here, and hope there's no issue but I love dogs and all they do for us!

I was thinking of starting a post like this. Awhile ago there was a post about someone being upset that a family member got a flyer with a special but the poster was not able to book that rate as they did not get the flyer offer. The conclussion was the flyer are member id specific and are not open to other members even if same status.

We were getting about 2 snail mail flyers a week in the spring with great offerings. After not being on Princess for 16 months, we booked in June B2B 30 day cruises this fall. Since doing the booking we have not had any correspondence from Princess. It's like they assume we don't want to go anywhere next year or if we do, we will pay the non special rates.

Wayne S.

I was thinking of starting a post like this. Awhile ago there was a post about someone being upset that a family member got a flyer with a special but the poster was not able to book that rate as they did not get the flyer offer. The conclussion was the flyer are member id specific and are not open to other members even if same status.

We were getting about 2 snail mail flyers a week in the spring with great offerings. After not being on Princess for 16 months, we booked in June B2B 30 day cruises this fall. Since doing the booking we have not had any correspondence from Princess. It's like they assume we don't want to go anywhere next year or if we do, we will pay the non special rates.

Wayne S.

WE just booked our Canada/NE at the end of May and no emails since! Before that very often.

My husband and I very often have different prices for the same exact cruise. We are the same status, I have one more cruise than he does but that's it. My daughter's offers are different as well. When I check a cruise online, I check all 3 signons!! On time for a Canada/NE in 2007, my husbands and my price online was 499 pp. When I called to book, they said my husband didn't have that price - really weird. I had to book online and yes, did get the price.

Archived