Which Margaritaville???

kathyemma

Thanks for the info!

Oh, what about the location in Grand Cayman. It doesn't look that great from pics I've seen. Do they even have a pool?

The one in GC is right across the street from the tenders. I don't remember seeing a pool and definitely no beach. It's also much more expensive that the one on Ocho Rios. I think the same size Margarita was about $4.00 more in GC than it was in Ocho but we were in GC the day before Ocho so they gave us wristbands to receive a free Margarita in Ocho. We were at the one in GC at the end of the day and it was dead but that was probably because most people had already headed back to the ships. The one in Ocho was really hopping even tho there was only one ship in port but we spent most of the afternoon there.

Can't believe I never knew that there is a Margaritaville in Cozumel!!!! Been to GC, GT, Ochos Rios, Key West and LV. Where is it?????:D This will be our 7th time to Cozumel!

We liked the Senor Frogs in Cozumel better with the bands playing on the second floor.

I have been to so many I am confused. Which is the really big one that has the great pool with the swimup bar? I think it also has a beach area - it is right by the port.

TIA

Kathy

In Mo Bay, you have a swim/water fun area on the back side of the building with a water slide from the second floor. Don't recall how far the water area is from the bars!

Until you look at your bar bill! :eek:

23svixd.jpg

omg....nunu

my BF brought me one of those beers in your picture ...and didn't tell me that it had a tequlia shot in it......almost killed me......:eek:.......lol

to OP

yes its grand turk.......and its pool is bigger than OR

Can't believe I never knew that there is a Margaritaville in Cozumel!!!! Been to GC, GT, Ochos Rios, Key West and LV. Where is it?????:D This will be our 7th time to Cozumel!

It is relatively new maybe 2 or 3 years old. Facing Cozumel from your cruise ship, I think Carnival normally docks at the piers on the far right. It is near the next set of piers closer to the main shopping district. The restroom situation is a little "different".

As the other poster said I also like Senor Frogs better in Cozumel.

The one in GC is right across the street from the tenders. I don't remember seeing a pool and definitely no beach. It's also much more expensive that the one on Ocho Rios. I think the same size Margarita was about $4.00 more in GC than it was in Ocho but we were in GC the day before Ocho so they gave us wristbands to receive a free Margarita in Ocho. We were at the one in GC at the end of the day and it was dead but that was probably because most people had already headed back to the ships. The one in Ocho was really hopping even tho there was only one ship in port but we spent most of the afternoon there.

There is a pool at GC location, its upstairs and kind of hidden off in the back, its not very big and not a swim up bar or anything. They do have a secondary bar location out near the pool, however it wasnt open when we were there, as I guess it was too early in the morning.

It definately is more expensive there than the other Margaritaville locations, there were 7 of us, who had just one drink each, and when I got the bill, it was $115 so just beware you know what you are paying for when you order, they try getting you to upsize the margaritas to the long tubes and we didnt realize those werent the normal ones, but it was all good.

The Grand Turk locations is much nicer, with the huge swim up bar, and was much more of a party atmosphere there it seemed like, with the music, and people, much more crowded at that location than any of the others I have been too.

The OR location is right off the beach, but once again we were there around noon and werent many people around so was kinda boring. We didnt stay around, but I imagine it could be a fun time, if it was busy being right on the beach. There is no direct route to getting there from the cruise ship, you do have to take the long way around going thru Island Village. We didnt care too much for the OR area, seemed kinda seedy and people were harrassing you all the way up and down the streets.

they are all great IMHO..and much fun. The DJ's at Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman were a blast. I've been to many of them, but not Turks yet:

#1 Key West

#2 Grand Cayman

#3 Ocho Rios

#4 New Orleans

#5 Orlando

If you don't have a blast, it's your own darn fault :D

The Grand Turk Margaritaville sounds like the one you are referring to. It has a massive pool with cabanas around the pool and it steps away from the beach. It is the largest of all the Margaritavilles.

Ocho Rios also is on the beach, but the beach part of the Island Village complex and you pay to use the beach area.

Can someone tell me if Grand Turk M'ville is more of a "fun, lively beach party" atmosphere OR like "MTV Spring Break Gone Wild/Carlos & Charlie's"? We've been in a few and they've been fun but not "out of control" (Key West, Coz, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios). Taking the kids with us when we cruise now and have been eyeing a cruise that stops in Grand Turk (and I like the looks of the M'ville area there).

The day we were there it wasn't out of control, but was the "fun, lively" crowd you are talking about. I will say a few songs brought the wilder ones out some, but all in all not bad. It was my favorite day of the cruise, can't wait to get back!!

Did you take advantage of the beach itself at all? It looks gorgeous and I wondered if maybe it might be a bit away from the hubub near the dancefloor/bar area. Not that I'm a prude, we took our then-5-year-old to the last Buffett concert we went to (and successfully avoided all the crazy crap that can go on there, LOL)...I just am not a huge fan of crowds in general. I hate being stuck shoulder-to-shoulder and not being able to get where I'm going.

Can someone tell me if Grand Turk M'ville is more of a "fun, lively beach party" atmosphere OR like "MTV Spring Break Gone Wild/Carlos & Charlie's"? We've been in a few and they've been fun but not "out of control" (Key West, Coz, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios). Taking the kids with us when we cruise now and have been eyeing a cruise that stops in Grand Turk (and I like the looks of the M'ville area there).

We had a blast there last winter. I went snorkeling at the beach before heading over to MV. Less crowded at the beach, but the pools were tolerable. It got real crowded by the stage for the bikini contest. (It was clean.............lots of kids around). Most of the cabanas had been blown away by a hurricane then, but have probably been rebuilt by now. There are bar stools in the water if you are lucky enough to get one.

The only thing I didn't care for was some of the bartenders. Same beer, but different prices, depending on who you got to wait on you............

Did you take advantage of the beach itself at all? It looks gorgeous and I wondered if maybe it might be a bit away from the hubub near the dancefloor/bar area. Not that I'm a prude, we took our then-5-year-old to the last Buffett concert we went to (and successfully avoided all the crazy crap that can go on there, LOL)...I just am not a huge fan of crowds in general. I hate being stuck shoulder-to-shoulder and not being able to get where I'm going.

The pool is huge.It has a walkway over part of it and the side away from the bar/stage is a great place for kids.Bar service is also available,but you wont be right in the middle of crazy,and it is much less crowded there.The duty free shop in Grand Turk is wonderful,couldnt believe the prices:D

The Margaritaville you are describing sounds very much like the one in Grand Turk.

The Landshark Lager with the tequila shot is called a Loaded Landshark. The tequila they use is the Margaritaville brand lime flavored tequila.:)

Yes, we did go to the beach as well it is just behind Margaritaville and yes it's gorgeous! The pool it's self is very large, you could pick a spot in the back away from the swimup bar and probably not expose them to too much, it was much less crowed there. Our stop in GT was added because of a hurricane coming into St. Maartin, we were one of the first ships back after Ike destroyed it so there weren't many excursion options at all, that put almost everyone off the Glory at Margaritaville. Now there's more excursions going and it might not be as crowded. Trust me you will love it there, it appears you are a Buffet fan and will not be dissapointed!

Archived