Stupid Question but...should I be concerned?

omgletmeon

I leave in 14 days for a quick girls get-a-way weekend on Sensation. I booked a 5A room and was specific about which room I wanted. I requested U16 and that is the room listed on my reservation. But it lists the class assignment as a 4C. I went so far as to look at the pictures from my last Sensation cruise and counted the windows and sure enough, I should have two port holes.

I also do not see 5A's listed anymore so it appears maybe they changed the classification of the way forward cabins.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

I leave in 14 days for a quick girls get-a-way weekend on Sensation. I booked a 5A room and was specific about which room I wanted. I requested U16 and that is the room listed on my reservation. But it lists the class assignment as a 4C. I went so far as to look at the pictures from my last Sensation cruise and counted the windows and sure enough, I should have two port holes.

I also do not see 5A's listed anymore so it appears maybe they changed the classification of the way forward cabins.

Thanks!

Hi there,

According to the deck plan for the Sensation on Carnival's website your U16 cabin does have 2 port holes however the 4C classification for that deck indicates an interior cabin with no windows.

I would call Carnival or whomever you booked through and make darn sure you are getting that oceanview cabin and not an interior cabin.

Robert

Thanks!

I don't have a clue...just wanted to say I like your screen name! :D

On Carnival's website, it does show U16 as a catagory 4C, but it has the little diamond symbol denoting that the room has 2 portholes.

Chances are that they rearranged/realigned the stateroom catagories. They do that from time to time.

That is what I thought...that they had changed catagories...whew!!!

Thanks so much!

And thanks Gail...the screen name was just a fluke, I have lurked here for years, even had an ID but I had long since forgotten it so I signed up again and every name I picked it said already taken or something...anyway I was frustrated, hence the name...but hey it works for the ships too!!! LOL

Unless you plan to spend the cruise standing on the bed looking out the portholes, does it really matter? The portholes are really for natural lighting...They don't really expect you to stand around on the bed looking out.

sk8rpatty I think I love you!!

Gosh...I'm flattered :o Actually, we really enjoyed the portholes. As someone said, you have natural light. I also crawled up there and looked out of them. Kinda fun.

I'm cruising again on the Sensation in 2 days!!! This time I book the extended aft balcony. Yeah...gonna be a bit different that my M7 room.

That is what I thought...that they had changed catagories...whew!!!

Thanks so much!

And thanks Gail...the screen name was just a fluke, I have lurked here for years, even had an ID but I had long since forgotten it so I signed up again and every name I picked it said already taken or something...anyway I was frustrated, hence the name...but hey it works for the ships too!!! LOL

I like the screen name too---funny thing though...I would have guessed it was to get on the ship not the cc board.:eek:

Archived