Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

BUT, that said, I just noticed the date on the deck plan has July of 2009, which means it is from before the retrofitting and additional staterooms were added

July, 2009 is after the Veendam retrofitting.

I've just updated the Veendam pages, deck plans and made notes about Stateroom C323 on the pages.

I thank everyone who brought this to my attention and helped me with trying to figure out the confusion:)

RuthC, do you remember when in July Veendam went into Dry Dock? I cannot find any deck plans for her prior to 7/15/09 so cannot double check the stateroom numbers:confused:

Joanie

I've just updated the Veendam pages, deck plans and made notes about Stateroom C323 on the pages.

I thank everyone who brought this to my attention and helped me with trying to figure out the confusion:)

RuthC, do you remember when in July Veendam went into Dry Dock? I cannot find any deck plans for her prior to 7/15/09 so cannot double check the stateroom numbers:confused:

Joanie

I believe the Veendam came out of drydock end-April 2009.

camp637

You are right -- in fact -- she was to begin her repositioning cruise on April 27 -- but work fell behind schedule and she left on her first cruise May 1.

The Veendam was in dry dock from March 29 through May 1, 2009.

OK Then! thank you both Yonnie and Camp!!! That means that the CC member was incorrect then in his/her description of C323 being an Aft Stateroom and that the HAL Deck Plans are correct in showing it as a Lania near mid ship stateroom.

I really appreciate you guys helping me on this one!! I will make the notes to the Veendam pages later this afternoon!!

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

First of all, i wanted to thank you for all of your hard work on this excellent thread and all the great photos you have. It is an immense help to everyone. I remember when people told you it was too big of a job but you took it on. You must spend hours on this and it is really appreciated. :):)

We are booked on the new ship in SA (a connecting room:eek:) but it was the only I could get, so I took it. I am trying to figure out, if I look at Eurodam pictures do you think it would be close to the Nieuw Amsterdam?

Just wondering your opinion.

Thanks so much and again, thank you very much :D:D for your wonderful thread. It is so very much appreciated. Jacqui

:) Hi Joanie: Could you put the request out there for some

new photos of the Rotterdam's Thermal Pool and Spa area, please. Trying to decide if the extra cost is worth it for 30 days. Thanks.

Hiya there,

I made the request as a new thread on the main boards becuae I need photos for all the ships to include Rotterdam:)

Hopefully we will get photos soon:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie,

First of all, i wanted to thank you for all of your hard work on this excellent thread and all the great photos you have. It is an immense help to everyone. I remember when people told you it was too big of a job but you took it on. You must spend hours on this and it is really appreciated. :):)

We are booked on the new ship in SA (a connecting room:eek:) but it was the only I could get, so I took it. I am trying to figure out, if I look at Eurodam pictures do you think it would be close to the Nieuw Amsterdam?

Just wondering your opinion.

Thanks so much and again, thank you very much :D:D for your wonderful thread. It is so very much appreciated. Jacqui

Thank you Jacqui

It was time consuming at the beginning but now I have templates set up and everything is so very easy now. In the past week as one example, I have spent maybe 4 hours at the computer (2 hours on the site), whereas in the beginning it was more like 8-12 hours each day.

OK to answer your question, I think that the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam will be extremely similar. They are both Signature Class ships and just as in each Vista Class ship being extremely similar to each other, this should be the same case for the various classes.

I do know that the major difference will be that everything on the Nieuw Amsterdam will be brand spanking new:D But other than that...

Hope this answers your questions

Joanie

Hi Joanie - just back from the Amsterdam's 14 day itinerary to Alaska this past Monday. We stayed in the "secret" cabin (#7056) on deck 7, Navigation. Took lots of pictures of the cabin itself and our secret deck....on my phone...and now just have to figure out how to get them off and onto my computer. Once I do, they are yours and will forward them to you.

Great trip, great ship, great cabin, great crew, great ports, great food, great people....I could go on and on. Suffice it to say, it was GREAT!!!:D

Thank you Jacqui

It was time consuming at the beginning but now I have templates set up and everything is so very easy now. In the past week as one example, I have spent maybe 4 hours at the computer (2 hours on the site), whereas in the beginning it was more like 8-12 hours each day.

OK to answer your question, I think that the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam will be extremely similar. They are both Signature Class ships and just as in each Vista Class ship being extremely similar to each other, this should be the same case for the various classes.

I do know that the major difference will be that everything on the Nieuw Amsterdam will be brand spanking new:D But other than that...

Hope this answers

Joanie

thanks Joanie . Appreciate your opinion and again thank you for all the hard work. You are putting alot of hours into this and it is much appreciated:D

Hiya there,

I made the request as a new thread on the main boards becuae I need photos for all the ships to include Rotterdam:)

Hopefully we will get photos soon:)

Joanie

:) Thanks so much !!! I enjoy your site immensely. Just wish there were photos of the Veranda Cabins after the

retro-fit. Is there any storage area in the bathrooms - it

looks like the angled mirror has a medicine cabinet behind ?It makes me want to board the ship TODAY but

I have 6 months to wait. BooHoo :(

:) Thanks so much !!! I enjoy your site immensely. Just wish there were photos of the Veranda Cabins after the

retro-fit. Is there any storage area in the bathrooms - it

looks like the angled mirror has a medicine cabinet behind ?It makes me want to board the ship TODAY but

I have 6 months to wait. BooHoo :(

LOL, I know the feeling of wanting to be aboard now and not later!!!

Hopefully, we will be getting new photos soon.....

In the meantime, I think we can safely assume that the typical Bathroom storage for both Verandah and Ocean View Staterooms will be similar to what is now in place : http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/newfarmers-2007_suite-6120-006.jpg That area may look small, but is quite large and extends the entire length of the sink area from the door to the wall next to the toilet. You also have 2 medicine cabinets, one in each corner with I believe at least 4 shelves each. I know this photo is of the Volendam, but you can see the same layout for the bathroom storage and one of the medicine cabinets with its shelves. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/GP_C005.jpg The above assumptions are for Verandah and Ocean View Staterooms only. I do not know about the Penthouse or Interior Staterooms....

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

You have permission from Holland America to upload to your website

copyrighted and trademarked materials

(company logo, ship photos, deck plans,

cabin photos/sketches, descriptive/explanatory text)

appropriated directly from HAL's website and/or publications?

You're familiar with HAL's Website Terms and Conditions:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/legalAndPrivacy/Main.action?

You have permission from Holland America to upload to your website

copyrighted and trademarked materials

(company logo, ship photos, deck plans,

cabin photos/sketches, descriptive/explanatory text)

appropriated directly from HAL's website and/or publications?

You're familiar with HAL's Website Terms and Conditions:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/legalAndPrivacy/Main.action?

Yes I am quite familiar with the copyright laes. AND I am in no violation since I am not using them for any commercial purposes not am I selling anything with their usage.

As a matter of fact, there are several photos which have been sent to me for use on the site from HAL Corporate themselves.

Thank you for being concerned:) But I will not violate their ToC ever:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie,

You are very welcome, Joanie!! But, what I did was so minor in comparison to your effort! I continue to be impressed by all the work you are doing. Thank you for writing me: I am sure that you are busy!

Just wanted to let you know that I *think* I may understand the source of the confusion with Pwatson's stateroom.

I believe the stateroom is on Deck 6 (and therefore is an aft balcony stateroom, probably category A). In other words, I believe Pwatson's cabin was on the current Deck 6, which is the verandah deck. I believe Pwatson's note has been deleted now, but I remember the comments mentioning that there was an identical cabin on deck 7 above. This would be consistent with the aft cabins on the verandah and navigation decks.

Although I have not sailed the Veendam, I have been on similar HAL ships. When I look at Pwatson's balcony, I think that there is no way that it can be on the Lower Promenade deck because the Lower Promenade deck cannot have balcony rooms.... there is an unobstructed walkway all the way around the ship.

Is there a chance Pwatson's stateroom is actually aft cabin A232 (and not C323)? I ask because I don't see how it is possible that there could be a balcony cabin on the Lower Prom Deck either before or after the Veendam's retrofit (and it is clear that Pwatson's stateroom has a balcony divider).

OK. Maybe I am completely incorrect, but I just thought I would share my ideas just in case they are at all helpful.

Thank you again for providing such a valuable service!

:)

I probably shouldn't ask this since I don't think there is anything I can do about it now anyway. We are in H710 on "A" deck of the Maasdam for the 35 day "Voyage of the Vikings" cruise. I am getting concerned that the doctor's office just across the hall could be noisy. Has anyone been in this cabin? Is there any problem?

Thanks!

Rick & Bob

We are in H710 on "A" deck of the Maasdam for the 35 day "Voyage of the Vikings" cruise. I am getting concerned that the doctor's office just across the hall could be noisy. Has anyone been in this cabin? Is there any problem?

I haven't stayed in that cabin, but I've been in the doctor's office often enough that I have some idea of the possibility of noise there.

I wouldn't expect much noise from there at all. The infirmary is open certain hours only, so is quiet at night. The doctor is typically seen by appointment, so there is no build-up of people waiting for him/her. The biggest crowds I've seen are those people waiting for the infirmary to open for the next period.

Now, you may hear more noise coming from the waves slapping against the hull of the ship. There also might be some noise from the anchor when it's dropped at a tender port.

I haven't taking this cruise in several years, but have done it three times. It's a favorite of mine. Hope you have a grand time on it, too.

Just an FYI to everyone.

I am in the process of changing the HAL Stateroom/Cabins Pages to make them a bit less graphic intensive and easier to locate the various areas of the ships.

I have divided each of the Ship Pages into 2 pages instead of one huge graphic intensive page.

Page 1 is the Staterooms themselves. Page 2 is the Public Areas of the ship.

As of this moment I have completed the Amsterdam. I will continue over the next few days to update and upload the rest of the fleet.

Another of the changes to the Public Areas Pages is the inclusion of Cruise Critic Member photos of all the public areas, Bars, Dining venues, etc., this includes your photos and HAL's Stock Photos. All CC member photos are being limited to 2009 through the present so that they will show the current Public Area views of the ship.

I hope that this will make things easier for everyone.

Joanie

I haven't stayed in that cabin, but I've been in the doctor's office often enough that I have some idea of the possibility of noise there.

I wouldn't expect much noise from there at all. The infirmary is open certain hours only, so is quiet at night. The doctor is typically seen by appointment, so there is no build-up of people waiting for him/her. The biggest crowds I've seen are those people waiting for the infirmary to open for the next period.

Now, you may hear more noise coming from the waves slapping against the hull of the ship. There also might be some noise from the anchor when it's dropped at a tender port.

I haven't taking this cruise in several years, but have done it three times. It's a favorite of mine. Hope you have a grand time on it, too.

This makes me feel better. We have been on previous cruises on low decks with extremely rough seas and have not had a problem with wave sound. (Even though they were going well over our porthole in one case!!) And we have only two tendered ports indicated on our schedule, so I think the anchor should not be a problem. And yes, we are really looking forward to this cruise -- it should be great!!

Joanie,

Thanks so much for all of your work. HA is our favorite cruise line. We are contemplating a Dec. Caribbean cruise on the Niew Amsterdam. I know it will be very, very similar to Eurodam. We always book inside cabins because I seem to sleep better when no light is coming in. Anyway, the inside cabin photo and diagram on HA website depicts a room where you do not walk into a long hallway like you usually do with inside cabins. It shows the door kind of off to one side, and when you walk in there is a sofa opposite the bathroom and the closet is actually on the wall by the bed. I would like a room like that, but looking at the Eurodam's deckplans, I cannot tell which ones are configured that way. The sideway interior rooms have always intrigued me, but I've never stayed in one. I just am trying to stay away from the cabins where you walk into a hall with closets on one side and bathroom on other, then bed at the other end. Any info? Thanks. Mary

Joanie,

Thanks so much for all of your work. HA is our favorite cruise line. We are contemplating a Dec. Caribbean cruise on the Niew Amsterdam. I know it will be very, very similar to Eurodam. We always book inside cabins because I seem to sleep better when no light is coming in. Anyway, the inside cabin photo and diagram on HA website depicts a room where you do not walk into a long hallway like you usually do with inside cabins. It shows the door kind of off to one side, and when you walk in there is a sofa opposite the bathroom and the closet is actually on the wall by the bed. I would like a room like that, but looking at the Eurodam's deckplans, I cannot tell which ones are configured that way. The sideway interior rooms have always intrigued me, but I've never stayed in one. I just am trying to stay away from the cabins where you walk into a hall with closets on one side and bathroom on other, then bed at the other end. Any info? Thanks. Mary

I can try, but need to know what desk(s) to look at first. What Deck(s) are you looking at?

Joanie