Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

• 1 month later...

Hi Joanie,

as I said here on my post # 1047, I like the location of this category of cabins: close to the elevators, the ocean bar and the outside promenade. So, when I booked my July 24th Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona to Civitavecchia on the Noordam, I chose the same partial ocean view stateroom. This time too all was perfect. Any problem at all: quite ( there is a service door just in front the cabin 4081 but I couldn’t hear any noise from there), toilet working, good water pressure. Ops, only one day the water wasn’t hot enough but not too bad.

Those are the photos of the cabin:

2up9xyp.jpg

2f06aup.jpg

2jingx.jpg

dg1owy.jpg

Edited by portofrome

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For a total HAL newbie your website is amazing! Thank you so much for all the hard work Joanie....it is very much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Thank you:) It is because of all our fellow CC members that it is possible. Now to make the time and find a new HTML Editing program to use so I can get all the updates doen. Unfortunately the 17 year old one I had been using (IDIOT PROOF Netscape 4.71 Communicator) Which was the best for me, got wiped out a month or so ag when one of the weekly Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Updates wiped it out:( Tried reinstalling it, but now says not compatible, even when I go into Windows XP mode:(

Anyone got any great ideas for a VERY IDIOT Proof WYSIWYG Editor?

Joanie

Joannie,

Dom and I will be on the Westerdam next week -- will take pictures and send to you. Wish you were going to be there, too. :mad:

Arleen

I wish we were on again with you and Dom also, any ship with you guys is so much fun and such a wonderful cruise:)

Hugs to you both!!

Joanie and Roger!!

Thank you:) It is because of all our fellow CC members that it is possible. Now to make the time and find a new HTML Editing program to use so I can get all the updates doen. Unfortunately the 17 year old one I had been using (IDIOT PROOF Netscape 4.71 Communicator) Which was the best for me, got wiped out a month or so ag when one of the weekly Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Updates wiped it out:( Tried reinstalling it, but now says not compatible, even when I go into Windows XP mode:(

Anyone got any great ideas for a VERY IDIOT Proof WYSIWYG Editor?

Joanie

I'll be sure to send you photos of our cabin when we cruise. Sorry, I'm a computer idiot with that sort of stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Has anyone seen any if Rotterdam's corner aft balconies on the Verandah deck? We just booked 6229 and want to see if the balcony is a wrap-aroubd or not ...

Sorry, not really any aft wrap staterooms on any other but the Vistas and Signature class ships.

But I remember people saying that there is a verandah just outside the door that while open to all is almost seldom used.

Joanie

Sorry, not really any aft wrap staterooms on any other but the Vistas and Signature class ships.

But I remember people saying that there is a verandah just outside the door that while open to all is almost seldom used.

Joanie

Thanks, Joanie. I didn't see any aft balcony photos of Rotterdam (or Ansterdam). Do you know if you have any? Trying to decide if we want it it a normal side balcony for Norway.

Thanks, Joanie. I didn't see any aft balcony photos of Rotterdam (or Ansterdam). Do you know if you have any? Trying to decide if we want it it a normal side balcony for Norway.

On the Amsterdam Deck 6 at the aft is what was described as being almost a "Private" Verandah Here are a couple photos to look at, I know they are not great but...

http://abqreunion2008.com/Amsterdam/Amsterdam-Aft-View-2008-2.jpg and From above http://abqreunion2008.com/Amsterdam/Amsterdam-Aft-and-side-View-Jan-02-2010.jpg

I have no Aft Deck 6 Stateroom photos for the Amsterdam.

The Photos I have of the Aft of Rotterdam are quite old. They were from a former CC member and I do not know when he took them, but appears was after the Poolettes and Big Screen.

Also Both Decks 7 and 8 have the Aft Staterooms which ARE AFT FACING and NOT PUBLIC http://abqreunion2008.com/Rotterdam/Rotterdam_Aft-4-Pipedreams.jpg http://abqreunion2008.com/Rotterdam/Rotterdam_Aft-Pipedreams.jpg

Hope this is what you wanted/needed?

Joanie

Also Both Decks 7 and 8 have the Aft Staterooms which ARE AFT FACING and NOT PUBLIC http://abqreunion2008.com/Rotterdam/Rotterdam_Aft-4-Pipedreams.jpg http://abqreunion2008.com/Rotterdam/Rotterdam_Aft-Pipedreams.jpg

Hope this is what you wanted/needed?

Joanie[/b]

This photo is PERFECT.

Rotterdam's Deck 6 & 7 aft balconies appear to be open on the side a bit (not wrap around but more than a straight view, which is what we want). If you look in the far right aft room in this photo, right above the dining room, this is the cabin we have booked. It appears that partition is opened to access that side.

Not sure why but HAL has changed 6229 from A to B staring May 2014. Not sure why, but it saves a little money for us!

Deck 8 is the Lido Deck, or am I misreading?

Joanie, what an absolutely fabulous website you've created!

We have just booked our first HAL cruise since 1992. We chose one of the lanai cabins aboard the Maasdam (CA369). I've searched through your site, and the entire Web, for photos of that cabin, but so far I've found none. What concerns me is that in my searches, I came across a photo someone had posted of CA374, which has a partially blocked view. I'm hoping someone reading this thread will know something about the view outside CA369.

I promise that when I return from our cruise, I will send you plenty of photos!

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT SAIL IN ANY OF THE POP OUT SUITE CABINS ON ROTTERDAM DECK ON THE ZUIDERDAM. we were in 7093 and the balcony and room were huge, but oh what a mistake. The balcony has gale force winds and you can't sit out there for more than 2 minutes without feeling like you are going to be blown overboard....Really scary!!

DO NOT SAIL IN ANY OF THE POP OUT SUITE CABINS ON ROTTERDAM DECK ON THE ZUIDERDAM. we were in 7093 and the balcony and room were huge, but oh what a mistake. The balcony has gale force winds and you can't sit out there for more than 2 minutes without feeling like you are going to be blown overboard....Really scary!!

That is only applicable to the 2 Jut out staterooms behind the life boats. Not the 2 in the front of the life boats.

I am sorry that you could not enjoy your verandah, but that is not just for the staterooms in the aft jut outs but also on the Penthouse to some extent, which is one of the reason I do not accept offers to it.

sm-Noordam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg

Joanie