Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie,

I was on the Eurodam for a 10 days cruise in the Mediterranean out/to Civitavecchia in Apr. 19, 2013. I had for my first time a partial ocean view stateroom cat. G 4079. I really enjoyed the location, very close to the elevators and to the ocean bar :). Very quite: there is a service door just in front the cabin GG4081 but I couldn’t hear any noise from there. Great service from May and Rudy. I will book again for all my future cruise on these class of ships. Those are the photos for your very useful site.

Thank you so much!! I have them , along wqith your comment, saved to my computer:) Will get them up as soon as I can.

Joanie

Joanie

I have searched your pics and the boards but with no luck. Do you have any pics of Statendam Main deck Cat H cabin 501 or 502? They are modified "shower only" cabin.

Thanks for any info. Thought I would ck with you before posting on the main HAL board.

Helen

Joanie

I have searched your pics and the boards but with no luck. Do you have any pics of Statendam Main deck Cat H cabin 501 or 502? They are modified "shower only" cabin.

Thanks for any info. Thought I would ck with you before posting on the main HAL board.

Helen

Helen, I do have Statendam L 500 which is a slightly different (Larger layout) than H 501 and H 502........

I also have H 501 on her sister ship, Veendam which is the same layout out as Statendam's H 501 Here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Veendam/Deck-5.html

I also have another of her sisters', Ryndam's H 502 here http://abqreunion2008.com/Ryndam/Deck-5.html

Joanie

Joanie

Thanks This is just what I was looking for.

Helen

Glad to be of help Helen:) I have a lot more photos and videos that I've received in the last couple of months, but have not had a chance to work on them due to issues with life..... I pray that I will be able to get them all uploaded and updated when I get back from Alaska at the end of May.

Joanie

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I booked another cruise and choose a cabin based on Joanie's pictures! (Neptune Suite,Aft wraparound deck). Joanie, you are 3 for 3 in my cabin choices...The bad news is that I am now hooked on the aft suites....hmmm I guess that's not such a bad thing!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Joanie, I just emailed you some pics from room 8026 on the Eurodam. It's one of the handicapped deluxe verandahs. It's one of the few rooms with the angled and bigger verandahs. It was awesome. Hope the pics help!

Hi Hearsegirl: I'll be in a similar cabin (4129) on the N. Amsterdam in Dec. which is a very similar cabin to yours. This, too, has the extra balcony space. I would love to see what the balcony looks like and can't seem to find a picture of one. Would you mind emailing me one or two to elizabeth612 dot com. Thanks!

Edited by elizabeth612

Hi Hearsegirl: I'll be in a similar cabin (4129) on the N. Amsterdam in Dec. which is a very similar cabin to yours. This, too, has the extra balcony space. I would love to see what the balcony looks like and can't seem to find a picture of one. Would you mind emailing me one or two to elizabeth612 dot com. Thanks!

Hi Elizabeth! I'll post the pics here instead so everyone can check them out. I checked out the deck plan for the N. Amsterdam and it looks like your balcony is narrow but really deep. 8026 on the Eurodam has one of the longer angled balconies. It's the depth of a standard balcony, but longer. It was neat because our balcony stuck out further than most of them, so we could get a great view of the whole side of the ship when we were looking aft. We had several people in our group and most nights before dinner we'd sit out having drinks with five people on the balcony. There was room for everyone. Here's a few pics.

Since yours is so deep maybe you'll get some lounge chairs on yours. That could be cool. Also, if the lifeboats don't obstruct your view, you'll be able to see the side of the ship too. Have fun on your cruise!

IMG_3512.jpg.798163ab222c33585ed7319488da8dbb.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg.edaf3ceef6ab434d33e6de8b81d97b47.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg.03bcf3e37d02b018f4e43f53a42efec8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**: I am feverishly working on updating the entire Web Site with all of the changes that have/are/will be made to the entire Holland America Line (HAL) Fleet Staterooms. Please bear with me as this is one huge task.20 June 2013 11:22 a.m. MDT

I just posted the above message on the front Page of my Web Site and wanted to also let y'all know the status.

It is taking much longer than expected because I have double the work..... 2013 and 2014 and that means all the graphics have to be changed i.e., the Stateroom Classifications and all the deck plans...........LOTS and LOTS of Work, but I am getting there!!!

I've not uploaded any new photos that I've received either because I have to make sure that I place them in the new categories, and also the old........Like I said, LOTS of Work.

Joanie

Joanie, you are amazing! :)

Not!!! I am frazzled at the work and time it is taking. I hought all I'd have to do is change the Stateroom Categories.........LOL!! Boy was I ever wrong. I have to download and then separate the complete Deck Plans for each ship, then I have to copy each deck for its' own page, then Create the Graphics with the Symbols on to show the different categories and what they mean.

Just a couple of examples here:

R Class symbols for each of the R Class Main Pages

R-Class-Symbols-2013.jpg.2cdb7f1346bf4fb00d401232435cd55f.jpg

Signature Class symbols for each of the Signature Class Main Pages

Signature-Class-Symbols-2013.jpg.4db33a01df7295e8520de284b0445df9.jpg

HAL Symbols and their Definitions

HAL-symbols-and-definitions.jpg.72781601fd8cb31c75bcc5658f666dc8.jpg

HAL Quad definitions

HAL-Quad-2-lower-beds-1-sofa-bed-1-upper-bed.jpg.2a56df9b4625e28620ba245eff8a5bda.jpg

Little things like this will make things a lot easier for us to see exactly what we have or will be looking for.

Joanie

I must be clicking on the wrong link for the Veendam... I get the 404 page not found message???

I think you might be clicking on the Original Link which I closed over a year ago. Unfortunately, while I volunteered to create a new thread with the correc Link to my site, the CC moderators said no.....

Here is the Correct Link to my Site's Main Index Page: http://abqreunion2008.com/

The Veendam's Main Index Page is here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

Another big thanks to you Joanie for doing all this work.

It's an invaluable resource for all of us looking for cabins to book.

I realize it's going to take you hours and days to get all of this updated.

Again, really appreciate the work that you volunteer for us.

Looks like a crew stariway. I doubt that it will be too noisy.

Sorry, off topic!!

So nice seeing you here! Are you thinking of a cruise again?

ps. Noordam also has retreat cabanas now.

Nice to see you are still here as well, I have been toying with the idea..just checking things out..where are you off to next?;) Really Noordam have retreat cabanas as well what class of ship is that..

Edited by Cruisin Suzin

Nice to see you are still here as well, I have been toying with the idea..just checking things out..where are you off to next?;) Really Noordam have retreat cabanas as well what class of ship is that..

After answering no to Suzin in an email I just saw this post regarding the Retreat on Noordam, a Vista Class ship.........

So, I went to HAL's Site and looked at the Deck Plans for 2013 and 2014 and see that 2013 does not show any retreat but 2014 says Retreat but shows something there.........

No idea for sure so...........The only thing I am positive of is that both the Signature Class ships, Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam have them, and I imagine the new Pinnacle Class ship will also.......

Joanie

We will be doing B2B (21 days) on Noordam Feb. 7. It's a very nice itinerary, with a 10 day and 11 day segment. The first segment goes to the ABC islands, GT, HMC, and Samana.The second segment goes to the Eastern Caribbean islands. Suzanne, come on along!

We were able to book a Retreat Cabana by calling ship services. A few more on our rollcall have also called to book a cabana. I think I should be getting some commission!:D

As Joanie said, this is a Vista class ship which includes Zuiderdam, Noordam, Oosterdam and Westerdam.

Only Noordam has the Retreat Cabanas which they added at the last drydock. It is located on Deck 11 fore, above the also newly installed cabins that sit behind Crow's Nest.

It's exactly the same location as Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam.

We haven't seen any pictures yet, but I'm sure by the time the ship returns to the Caribbean we should be seeing some.