price drop/OBC/anybody's experience

bud

Have you heard anything about RC charging a fee to allow price changes? I am afraid if they do that, most people in the know, will wait till very late to reserve their cabins!:confused:

NO fees for US residents, that is for the UK.

REceived a price drop two weeks ago and the refund was credited back onto my credit card last week....Same thing for the other party who is sailing with us in three weeks.

the policy just changed last week, and BEFORE final payment it is exactly the same, it is only after that it changed.

1. justjess: Go to rccl.com and do a fake booking. Book your exact cabin category for your sailing and watch the price every day. That's how most of us find price drops (and increases).

2. I called on...ooooh I think it was this past Tue 9/8...told them I saw a $30pp price drop (I know, big deal) on my cruise. She confirmed that it had dropped and didn't even ask me if I wanted an OBC or credit back to my card. She just said, "Okay $30 will be credited back to each of your cards.

PS, my cruise is 11/1, so I've obviously made final payment.

Amy, Thanks to your post we were also able to save $177. P.P. :D on our interior cabin on The Liberty 11/1 cruise, but was given an OBC since we made the final payment 2 weeks ago, I'll have to check into getting a credit on the cc instead as they did it for you on the same cruise. I also noticed a post yesterday that we had another price drop over the weekend, I'll keep you posted, Lisa

Amy, Thanks to your post we were also able to save $177. P.P. :D on our interior cabin on The Liberty 11/1 cruise, but was given an OBC since we made the final payment 2 weeks ago, I'll have to check into getting a credit on the cc instead as they did it for you on the same cruise. I also noticed a post yesterday that we had another price drop over the weekend, I'll keep you posted, Lisa

I guess you missed my post a few days ago where I announced there was a price drop on the 11/1 Liberty. :) I'm glad you found this one and got your price drop, though! Hopefully they'll switch you to a refund instead of an OBC.

I love how everyone gets huge drops and I get $30 drops. Oh well. I guess it's because I booked a $519 cabin, haha.

I'll see ya by the pool! :) Who are you traveling with/

Amy, It was because of your post last week, that we got the OBC, I guess you did not see my reply to that one. The credit was for our son's cabin on the 9th. deck, my husband and I are in a balcony cabin on the 6th, just curious if they ever drop the price on balconys :rolleyes:? I have a few posts on the Meet and Mingle Liberty 11/1 board and have read a few from you too.

Ahhhh, RCCFan, okie. Sometimes I get bombarded with notifications in my email about posts on CC, and other times things are posted and I have no idea. I'm not sure if I read your response.

I really should get back to that roll call thread. I feel like I don't know anyone and I'm signed up for the M&M!

Amybeth, Now that we're getting closer to our sail date, I've been trying to check in every day. Sometimes it feels like "information" over load, especially now when researching ports and excurisions but for the most part I luck into a great deals and suggestions like your price-drop post! So thanks again, now that I know how it's done maybe I can help save some $$ for someone else too :).

That price isn't budging now! I'd love to know why 11/1 is SO much cheaper than 11/8. The cheapest cabin on 11/1 is $480. On 11/8 it's $599. What's going on 11/8-15?

What excursions are you looking at? I can't figure out what to do! I'm leaning towards ziplining in Belize, I think...

Got a price drop of $400 last night taken off the total due for our cruise on Mariner in May 2010...went very smoothly no questions asked. :D

However, the couple we're cruising with that booked directly with RCI was given a song and dance about OBC and how RCI had to add a $2000 "optional charge" onto the reservation temporarily to make it work...which they did?!? The total amount for the cruise before the price drop didn't even cost that much!! :eek: Needless to say they are calling back right now to insist on removal of the optional charge and to have the total amount adjusted down! This is just silly because they could cancel without charge and rebook at the lower rate...tons of cabins available!! Inexperienced customer service rep??

I've booked Monarch for April 2010. What is the best way to keep an eye out for the price to go down? If I put the cruise in my "saved cruises", will the price automatically fluctuate when the prices change? Or will I need to re-do the search all the time to check for price changes? This seems like it would be the easiest way to keep an eye on the prices for this cruise without redoing it everytime to see what the price comes up as. Is that what everyone else does?

Got a price drop yesterday. The amount was immediately posted as an onboard credit. I then asked if it would be refundable if we didn't use it and the simple answer was "yes."

I just got a price drop on our Nov. 29 AOS cruise of $280 on Sept 12. I asked for a new invoice and it is on there as a balance due us of $280.

He said that would be as OBC as I already paid my cruises in full.

We can also cash it out if not used.

When I get closer to my cruises, I will ask for another invoice showing the OBC, to take with me. ;)

I've booked Monarch for April 2010. What is the best way to keep an eye out for the price to go down? If I put the cruise in my "saved cruises", will the price automatically fluctuate when the prices change? Or will I need to re-do the search all the time to check for price changes? This seems like it would be the easiest way to keep an eye on the prices for this cruise without redoing it everytime to see what the price comes up as. Is that what everyone else does?

Go to the RCCL and make like you are booking the cruise all over again. Once you see your cabin price, back out of/cancel the process.

You never know when they will drop those prices. I check all the time and missed a price drop.

Thank goodness, someone posted on our Roll Call about a Senior special on our Nov. 29 AOS cruise that I did not see. She saved us $280 by posting that information.

I just might have missed it. :(

:rolleyes: I booked back in March and I check Royal Carribean's website periodically to see if the price drops on my cruise. I lucked out in June and the price dropped $200.00. I booked with a TA and of course didn't get a call about the price drop. So I called her and they credited my account $200.00. I still keep checking, just in case. :cool:

My Monarch cruise for Oct 5th just dropped on a FL resident discount (F1 oceanview for $149/pp). They offered me either an upgrade to a suite for an additional charge or on board credit for the $102/pp difference.

Archived