PRINCE ALBERT ll

mrset425

aksherleyy... I heard that due to the heavy discounting .. SS were no longer providing safety vests at all.

They now issue boat crews with a long pole and boat hook to fish the less able out of the icy deep .. be afraid .. be veeeeeeeery afraid...:D

Will any past PAII crusiers please give me some info on closet space, we have traveled many times on ss in mid veranda and the walk in closet space has been very good, could you give me a comparison on closet/wardrobe space in veranda/vista/view class suites on PAII with veranda class on other ss ships. thank you

I found some nice pics of Prince Albert II cabins (including the closets) online which might help:

http://ngaire.smugmug.com/Cruise-Lines/Silversea/Prince-Albert-II-Cabins/5865446_D6fUj#P-1-12

We will be in an Adventurer Class cabin next June and it should suit us very well. We don't anticipate spending much time there except to sleep, clean up, and change clothes.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone thinking of going to see polar bears 08/12/2010:)

Hi - my husband and I have just booked on the Prince Albert for the 12 August cruise. We are definitely hoping to see polar bears :)

This looks like a nice boat so I am hoping for a few reviews from people who have just done the current cruise season.

Hi - my husband and I have just booked on the Prince Albert for the 12 August cruise. We are definitely hoping to see polar bears :)

This looks like a nice boat so I am hoping for a few reviews from people who have just done the current cruise season.

Yes, we too are hoping to see polar bears. Went to a Linblad presentation last night to see what they had to say about their cruise. To me Prince Albert sounds better but the most interesting thing they had to say was that their was 92 polar bear sightings this year. So hopefully we will be lucky;)

I found some nice pics of Prince Albert II cabins (including the closets) online which might help:

http://ngaire.smugmug.com/Cruise-Lines/Silversea/Prince-Albert-II-Cabins/5865446_D6fUj#P-1-12

Thanks for posting that link. It is good to know that the photos on the SS PAII were not taken with a wide angle lens :p

We are going silver - so looks like we will be happy sailors.

PA1 was the featured ship in Cruise Magazine this month. Try and get a copy, it tells more than the brochure!!

Is this magazine available in the UK? I have emailed the publishers and no answer so far.

We are booked on PAll in July and I would love to read the article ( or a scanned extract)

regards Alan

• 1 month later...

My wife sailed in the Antartic with SS last Jan-Feb

Honestly, don't remember the closet space, except it had to have enough for both winter clothing, casual clothing, and dinner ware, so I don't recall any problems, but I hardly spent any time whatsoever in the cabin

In this sense, IMO anything above a window cabin is a waste of resources, a mistake we used in the Galop with Xpedition, where we had a suite with baclony that we never ever used - lesson learned

With the nature of the all-inclusive bar, and wanting to talk to people in the lounge, attend lectures, and then physcially wanting to be outside looking for birds n wildlife n glaciers, and then never wanting to miss a meal, because this was hands down the best food I've ever seen or tasted on a cruise, where's the time in the cabin, other for than sleeping, napping, and putting on the winter gear for the zodiac excursions?

Silverseas, and the PA, has made it real difficult for us to consider any other ship or line for expediton type cruising, cost aside, I can't imagine anything being better than this

jc

Toronto

Archived