speciality restaurants open for lunch?

nseagirl

Are the speciality restaurants open for lunch on Sky? If so, is their menu the same as the dinner one?

The specialty restaurants are only open for dinner. The suite passengers get a perk of eating breakfast and lunch in Cagneys with the same menu as the main dining room with a couple of additional items.

The specialty restaurants are only open for dinner. The suite passengers get a perk of eating breakfast and lunch in Cagneys with the same menu as the main dining room with a couple of additional items.

Do you mean Cagneys has the same menu as the MDR? That's kind of a bummer.

Cagney's does NOT have the same menu as the MDR for breakfast and lunch. Cagney's breakfast includes things like Crab Cakes Benedict which you will not find in MDR.

PE

Yes which I said in the post before yours when we sailed in May everything that is in the MDR is on the menu as well as some additional items which I also stated.

Cagney's does NOT have the same menu as the MDR for breakfast and lunch. Cagney's breakfast includes things like Crab Cakes Benedict which you will not find in MDR.

PE

Hey PE, nice to see you found a recent picture of yourself for an avatar! :D

(Sorry...couldn't resist) :p

Yes which I said in the post before yours when we sailed in May everything that is in the MDR is on the menu as well as some additional items which I also stated.

Show me where you can get Steak and Eggs in the MDR. Or as Monte pointed out Fruit de Mer in Brioche. Then there is Smoked Salmon Fritatta.

This NOT the same menu as the MDR.

PE

Not quite sure when you were on NCL last, but Cagney's has a completely new lunch menu. It does not change for the duration of the cruise. It bears almost no resemblance to the MDR menu (like before). It contains new items like fatouche w/lamb chops, salmon or chicken for appetizer (but it's entree sized!!) to turkey burgers to Wagyu beef sliders to veal ragout. Very different from what used to be served and some of the items (like the huge shrimp cocktail now offered) are the same as Cagney's dinner menu.

I'm not sure if this is fleetwide but it's been the case on our Apr/May and June cruises on 2 different ships.

To answer the OP, check the Freestyle Daily as the specialties can be open for lunch particularly on sea days. Charge is the same as for dinner in my experience.

Show me where you can get Steak and Eggs in the MDR. Or as Monte pointed out Fruit de Mer in Brioche. Then there is Smoked Salmon Fritatta.

This NOT the same menu as the MDR.

PE

You are right as always. You have been on newer NCL ship than me and on the Majesty we didn't have as much choice.

Getting back to the original OP no not open for lunch for specialty restaurant items if you are not in a suite.

Teppanyaki was open for lunch on sea days on the Star in March/April at the same cover charge as dinner.

I haven't been on the Star yet, but I also saw this too, Teppanyaki listed as open for lunch on a Freestyle daily someone posted on webshots. It makes sense to me because they seem to have a low capacity and high demand.

Just to clarify it's available free for penthouses and above, but not mini suites.

Thanks.....I already know that we are not qualified. :(

I was actually asking for future reference because we will probably go for regular suite on our next cruise.

There is no charge because it is a perk for booking a Penthouse Suite level cabin. It is also extended some VIP passengers that may not be in a Suite.

PE

Well...that is a very good perk! Maybe on our next cruise we can enjoy that. Thanks!

Archived