How does my daughter inherit my Platinum status?

Lil Davy

We took our 4 year old daughter on our cruise last week on the Majesty. This was my wife and I's first cruise as Platinum, and it was my daughters first cruise ever. i understand that she should now inherit our Platinum status after this cruise. How do I go about this?

When you cruise together, she will be considered a part of your family. She will get to go to all the Platinum functions you do, unless they are restricted by age.

Yes, Yes - the cruise is over already, but I want to make sure she inherits my status. on her SeaPass, she was not recognized as a Platinum. On her next cruise, she should be. I'll have to sign her up at C&A and see what happens.

Yes, Yes - the cruise is over already, but I want to make sure she inherits my status. on her SeaPass, she was not recognized as a Platinum. On her next cruise, she should be. I'll have to sign her up at C&A and see what happens.

Obviously she has to be signed up as a member of C&A before she can be recognized at platinum or any other level.....

I have 2 kids that have cruise with us several times. It was my understanding that they can't actually be C&A members until they turn 18. At that time they can get credit for their cruises (and/or inherit parents status - not sure about that one since the kids and I have same number of cruises).

My DD turns 18 in Jan and we are cruising in June, so I as planning to sign her up after Jan.

Can someone clarify?

Maggie

I have 2 kids that have cruise with us several times. It was my understanding that they can't actually be C&A members until they turn 18. At that time they can get credit for their cruises (and/or inherit parents status - not sure about that one since the kids and I have same number of cruises).

My DD turns 18 in Jan and we are cruising in June, so I as planning to sign her up after Jan.

Can someone clarify?

Maggie

Sign them up, they are eligible right now.

Can someone clarify?

Maggie

They cannot have their own membership, separate from yours, until they are 18. Until then, they will get the same status as you. We started as Platinum, and by the time my sons were 18 we were all Diamond. Now, we are D+ but the sons are still Diamond. At 18 they start accumulating their own credits.

They cannot have their own membership, separate from yours, until they are 18. Until then, they will get the same status as you. We started as Platinum, and by the time my sons were 18 we were all Diamond. Now, we are D+ but the sons are still Diamond. At 18 they start accumulating their own credits.

If they are still living at your same address then they will be the same status as you, no matter the age.

All three of my kids re signed up and have their own C&A. My oldest got to take over her account at 18 and change her password and do her own thing. I think though that until she moves out she is still considered under the family thing of getting the same points I do. We shall see, as I have two cruises this year. One with her and one without.

I seem to recall signing my kids up for some kind of "kids" C&A program? Is that all I need to do? When my DD turns 18, will I need to do anything to convert her to the "adult" C&A program??

Maggie

Not to hijack the OPs thread, but ...

Right now my whole family has 3 cruise credits and are gold. It is me, DH, DD17, DD14, Dmom. If DH and I take a short cruise this december and stay in a suite, that should make us 5 credits? So when we sail as a family in June again, will we all have Platinum status then?? Even my mom. She lives with us. Or is it just the kids? Is there a benefit to sailing on the Liberty with Platinum status as opposed to gold?

Maggie

See I have gotten mixed messages from RC on status. I still live at home and my mom will have one more cc then me after november. They told me i do not get her credits anymore because I was over 18. I am 26 and I do have 8 of my own cruise credits but we were trying to make me diamond before my honeymoon next year and I do not think that it is going to happen :(

See I have gotten mixed messages from RC on status. I still live at home and my mom will have one more cc then me after november. They told me i do not get her credits anymore because I was over 18. I am 26 and I do have 8 of my own cruise credits but we were trying to make me diamond before my honeymoon next year and I do not think that it is going to happen :(

My kids who are both in their 20's inherited my diamond + as they live at home, they are diamond in their own right but went up to + when we got there. They were both over 18 when it happened.

This last July, I tried to get my 30 year old daughter who has same address as us to be our status. No can do. My husband called first and RCI rep assured him she was a Diamond. She found out when she booked a cruise she was not Diamond. I called numerous times and was not able to get her status changed.

This last July, I tried to get my 30 year old daughter who has same address as us to be our status. No can do. My husband called first and RCI rep assured him she was a Diamond. She found out when she booked a cruise she was not Diamond. I called numerous times and was not able to get her status changed.

Call Crown and anchor phone number not the regular phone line.

Interesting...my mother, who has more cruises than I do, sailed with me once...I listed her address as mine even though she lives with my sister, just for the convenience of having her documents and stuff mailed here instead of to my sisters house. Imagine my surprise after the cruise when I noticed that my C&A status was suddenly listed at the same level as hers! I got a welcome letter to the next level, etc. And, I am well over 18 years old.

Archived