Carnival Sea Miles

zdsprak4

I found out that Carnival and Barclay are parting ways later this year and have been trying to find out what happens to my Sea Miles once the make the split. I have called and emailed Carnival with no luck and then called Barclay and still have no idea what is going to happen to my Sea Miles...if not used by the end of the year. Does anyone have more information. thanks

I found out that Carnival and Barclay are parting ways later this year and have been trying to find out what happens to my Sea Miles once the make the split. I have called and emailed Carnival with no luck and then called Barclay and still have no idea what is going to happen to my Sea Miles...if not used by the end of the year. Does anyone have more information. thanks

I just applied for a card and was approved. I hope someone has some info on this

Search the board for my post concerning this.........basically, I got the SeaMiles Visa card and the Sea miles folks transferred all my points to the new card !

I have points I don't want to lose either, so what new card is there that I can transer them onto?

For those worried about loosing points. Got the SeaMiles Visa card and the SeaMiles (not issuing banks) folks transferred all my points from the Carnival card to the new card ! Talk to the SeaMiles folks and NOT the Credit Card companies. 954-567-4651

Good point, but a lot of folks have points they have been working on for some time.......so your advise is well taken but irrelevant to this post !

Well I haven't had the card long enough to really accumulate a lot of points but use this card soley for cruising. Will the card still be an active mastercard or will the card be cancelled/closed?

Well darn . . . I just called Sea Miles Master Card to pay the balance due on my January cruise on the Dream (booked last January). They won't let me apply my miles towards the cruise becaue it was booked over a month ago. I just got back from a cruise (last Saturday) which was booked in March and I was able to get credit via my Sea Miles. The guy I talked to said the policy not to extend credit for one's Sea Miles if booked more than thirty day days before. I've got 18,495 miles and now what? I lose that?

I did call the 954 567-4651 number that someone posted . . . unfortunately, they were closed. Will try again tomorrow. This is crazy . . . I only got this darn Carnival Sea Miles credit card to use for my cruises . . . if I can't get credit . . . I'm just gonna cancel the account. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I asked my PVP last week because I was going to call Barclay and get them to apply the points to my Feb cruise and she asked why and I told her I heard that carnival and barclay (sea miles) was ending the aggreement and she said that was news to her. She said she hadn't heard that.:confused:

I thought you had to book with the Seamiles TA to use the points - with the Carnival SeaMiles mc through Barclay - I don't know how the Chase SeaMiles redemptions work.

Well darn . . . I just called Sea Miles Master Card to pay the balance due on my January cruise on the Dream (booked last January). They won't let me apply my miles towards the cruise becaue it was booked over a month ago. I just got back from a cruise (last Saturday) which was booked in March and I was able to get credit via my Sea Miles. The guy I talked to said the policy not to extend credit for one's Sea Miles if booked more than thirty day days before. I've got 18,495 miles and now what? I lose that?

I did call the 954 567-4651 number that someone posted . . . unfortunately, they were closed. Will try again tomorrow. This is crazy . . . I only got this darn Carnival Sea Miles credit card to use for my cruises . . . if I can't get credit . . . I'm just gonna cancel the account. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well that is not what I was told by a rep I talked with (on September 26, 2008) - he said points could be redeemed at final payment. Maybe the policy has changed or it changes depending on whom you speak with.:rolleyes:

Good point, but a lot of folks have points they have been working on for some time.......so your advise is well taken but irrelevant to this post !

Well said!

I've been using the Carnival Sea Miles MC for everything (including cruises) for years. Of course I pay off the balance every month - I never pay any interest. So, it's better than cash for me because the seamiles are "freebies" for stuff I was going to buy anyway.

I'll be very upset if my 118,000+ miles go *POOF* because of this split between Barclays and Carnival.

BTW, the previous thread discussing this is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1027399

Anyone, please tell us whatever you find out about this. I've been wondering and asking and getting no answers from the various involved parties since I first heard about this in July.

I guess you missed the point of my post...........I had the Carnival SeaMiles card, applied for and received the SeaMiles Visa card and SeaMiles (not the credit card people) transferred my Carnival SeaMiles points to the SeaMiles Visa Card. I didn't loose any points. You can use the SeaMiles Visa card points for any Cruise Line ! Call the 954-567-4651 number only AFTER you have the new SeaMiles Visa card.

I guess you missed the point of my post...........I had the Carnival SeaMiles card, applied for and received the SeaMiles Visa card and SeaMiles (not the credit card people) transferred my Carnival SeaMiles points to the SeaMiles Visa Card. I didn't loose any points. You can use the SeaMiles Visa card points for any Cruise Line ! Call the 954-567-4651 number only AFTER you have the new SeaMiles Visa card.

I call them up they are now looking into tranfer the point to the new card.

I have accumulated over 86,000 credits. I also thought you could not use the points unless you booked your cruise through Seamiles.

Was I wrong on this? Can I use my points for my January cruise I have booked through my TA? I would oove if someone with some knowledge on this posts the rules for all of us who obviously have been misinformed. Thanks

LOL I have had a link to this sea miles chart on my computer's desk top for years! :)

I refer to it every now and then to see how far I am from, and to fantasize about my upcoming (someday soon, please) FREE cruise. :D

Yeah, I'm getting 0% interest rate for another 6 months and then I'll probably quit using it. Maybe have 20,000 points by then?

Thanks . . . I did misunderstand you. How does one go about applying for the SeaMiles Visa card?

I have accumulated over 86,000 credits. I also thought you could not use the points unless you booked your cruise through Seamiles.

Was I wrong on this? Can I use my points for my January cruise I have booked through my TA? I would oove if someone with some knowledge on this posts the rules for all of us who obviously have been misinformed. Thanks

Donna, I booked my January cruise last January when I got back from my cruise (through my Carnival PVP). Final payment is due next month. When I called Carnival Sea Miles yesterday to make my final payment (after getting credit for my sea miles) . . . I was told that they could no longer apply my miles to any cruise booked more than thirty days ago.

Duh? In March, I couldn't wait for my January cruise so I booked a six day cruise on Freedom to sort of tied me over until January. Final payment on that cruise was due in June (three months after I had booked with my Carnival PVP) and I called a week before it was due in June and had no problem having my sea miles applied to the balance due.

I'm going to apply for a SeaMiles Visa card and hopefully they will transfer my sea miles and it will be done in time to use them for my January cruise.

Asked this already but does anyone have a phone number or email address to apply for the Visa card?

Archived