Camp C02 - 12year old

vivig

HI Everyone,

Our family is currently booked on the Glory with Carnival as well as the Liberty with RCCL, cannot decide which ship to cruise with. Our son is 12 and RCCL has no 'camp' per se and I was wondering if anyone has feedback on Camp CO2?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Our middle son (13) has been in Circle C for 3 cruises, one of which was Carnival Glory this past February. He had a good time - they give you a schedule for the week, but they also tell you that the schedule may vary if the kids in attendance have something they'd rather do. Our son went to activities that particularly interested him, and went up to the sports deck with other kids at times when activities didn't interest him (e.g., jewelry making:p).

My son will be turning 12 on our cruise, will they just let him into Circle C from the get go?

They probaby will but you will have to ask....since he will not be 12 BEFORE the cruise. Just go to the Orientation on Embarkation night and request that he be moved up.

Camp Carnival gets a manifest with all the children in each age group.

HI Everyone,

Our family is currently booked on the Glory with Carnival as well as the Liberty with RCCL, cannot decide which ship to cruise with. Our son is 12 and RCCL has no 'camp' per se and I was wondering if anyone has feedback on Camp CO2?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

He won't be in Club 02..that's for the older teens. He'll be in Circle "C"..you can find info on Carnival's website and here"

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Onboard_Activities/Generic-Camp_Carnival.aspx

My grandson has "graduated" through all of them....last was in January when it was the last time for him.....he turned 18 a few months after the cruise. He has always had a blast and enjoyed every minute....

Thank you all for the wonderful info! With all the feedback I am much more confident in our decision with switching to Carnival.

Merion Mom I believe we cruised together last March...:)

Thanks again everyone

Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same. My eldest will move up next summer to Circle C and I wasn't sure if he would like the transition. All three of my kids had *so* *much* *fun* at Camp Carnival last year that we hardly saw them. I mean, we had to actually make rules that they HAD to eat dinner with us on certain nights. I was afraid my eldest would lose interest in Circle C.

I think since he'll be turning 12 on the cruise I don't foresee any problem. My son (13) just did Circle C on our Conquest Cruise. SIGH...I may never get to go on anything other than cruises again. He totally absolutely LOVED it. We're going to be planning another cruise next year going west this time.

He got a picture with several friends that he was hanging out with (I rarely saw him except in passing)...they were all beautiful kids...we made a copy of the picture and he carries it with him.

One recommendation. Get him a water proof watch and "maybe" a "cheap" camera...the watch will be good (I got one for my son at Target for $10)...for when you come up with times to be at..."where ever"...the camera...well if he's responsible enough...would just be fun. My son had his phone with him on airplane mode and he really enjoyed taking pictures. He fell in LOVE with Pina Coladas.

Hey Dragon,

Great ideas! He will def have his camera with him, but he really doesn't wear a watch. Plus, we are probably not going to let the kids sign themselves out to go exploring. This is an option for Camp Carnival / Circle C. Perhaps on "hidden" supervised time...Hee hee

We were just on the Glory 9/5-9/12 with two kids in the Circle C program, one was 12, one was 14. They both LOVED it! It kept them busy and they really enjoyed the activities. They never came to the room until 12:30 or 1am every night. My 12 year old enjoyed it so much she would try to rush us back to the ship on port days if early afternoon activities were scheduled.

My 13 year old loved Circle C on the Glory! Like one of the other posters said, they get a full schedule and can pick and choose which activities interest them, and the counselor may vary the schedule if the majority of the kids aren't interested in a certain activity.

One thing to note - in this age level, there is NO SUCH THING as signing them in or out. Parents fill out a registration form and possibly a medical form on the first evening, and after that the kids are free to come and go as they please - parents are not given the option of insisting that an adult sign the kids out before they leave the group.

When our youngest was 12, either my husband or I dropped her off for every activity. For the first several days, she understood that she could not leave with out one of us coming to get her, but that was only our family policy. Once we were more comfortable with our surroundings (and had witnessed the good behavior of the group), we allowed her to leave on her own during the day, but we always picked her up from the late night events.

Ok, for Circle C, I do now understand that they can leave if they want to...thanks for clearing that up! I do know that at Camp Carnival, you do need to have a parent sign out. That's where my 9 year old daughter comes into play. I guess I was thinking it was for Circle C as well. We'll have to implement a "family policy" for my son in Circle C, as I don't want him roaming on his own.

Thanks for the info! You all are so nice here!

Ave

My youngest son is 11 with two older brothers. Are the age limits hard and fast? I tried to get him excited about Camp Carnival and he was just not into it. He's pretty mature for his age with the older brothers. Does anyone know if they would let an 11-year-old in Circle C?

We were told the age limits are hard and fast. They won't allow 11yo at Circle C.

• 4 months later...

From what we wittnessed...yes the age restrictions are hard and fast with the exception being if the child is turning that age during the cruise or perhaps within the "month" of the cruise. I think this is understandable because in Circle C there's a bunch of teenagers...and really...regardless of how mature the younger child is...teens is teens. :rolleyes: I figure they've got to be careful here or a lot of parents would try to push up the younger child into the teen group.

BUT...They will probably find friends in their own age group that they will have a blast with.

I admit I was a little "nervous" about letting him go on his own and wander about the ship but...my husband convinced me he was a big boy and a good kid that I needed to relax a little. There were 4 adults to the one boy so "somebody" always managed to spot him somewhere.

It's been 6 months since our last cruise. My son's still in contact with several of the kids he met on the cruise. They started texting one another pretty much as we were getting in the car to head home. They're even Facebook friends.

My son loved the kids club on RCCL now this will be the first on Carnival for the 13 yo group! We are going on the Dream in March so I will report back with some info! Cant wait!

PLEASE report back. I could have said the same thing as you.

Both my kids love RCCL clubs and we are trying the Dream this August for my dd's Sweet 16.

She will be with her friend but my ds will be 12 and always LOVES the clubs on RCCL so really hoping he will like CCL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived