Need advice from those who prefer "hump" cabins on Voyager class ships

I have never been on a Voyager class ship much less in a "hump" cabin, but we were on a Vision class ship with a balcony, so of course I never want to go back to a cabin without a balcony.

I have learned through these boards that the "hump" cabins are very sought after.

I am looking at booking E. Caribbean itinerary on Mariner of the Seas in May - have the option of an E2 cabin right in the middle of the hump - 6318 - on deck 6 or an E2 cabin at the end of a hump - 8314 - on deck 8. The cabin on deck 8 is only $40.00 more.

My question is - is it worth the $40 extra to be at a higher level, or is being in the middle of the hump better? What are the advantages/disadvantages to being on deck 6 as opposed to deck 8??

Hi there! I would take the 8 deck, middle of the hump cabin over the other cabin for a couple of reasons. First, Deck 6 is right above the Royal Promenade (5th deck; maybe noise is a factor???) and also just above the life boats. The balconies on deck 6 have steel beneath the railing as opposed to glass beneath the railing on the higher decks (I believe it's so you don't see the lifeboats directly under you on deck 5?). On deck 7 and above you can see through the glass which makes it a little nicer if you are sitting in your balcony chairs.

The other reason is if you are in the middle of the hump, you can see the front and back of the ship. When you are on one end of a hump, you aren't able to fully see either the front or back depending on which cabin you have.

Hope this helps!

I'd grab the middle of the hump no matter what deck. If you choose deck 6, there is no noise from the prominade a deck below. Yes, there is steel (deck 6) instead of glass on the side, but you can still see over it while sitting. For me, that isn't an issue. I'd also take an E2 balcony. Read my Voyager review for an explanation. Deck 6 is also closer to everything below. We always do the stairs unless it's been a long day and we've got 6 or 8 floors to climb.

I'd go with the middle of hump, deck 6 also, for the view. Never a take a hump at the end!
We have Cabin 7624 on the Mariner for our cruise in May ... do I need to look at switching? I've been told by others on this board this cabin placement is one of the better ones on the ship.

Thanks everybody for your advice and suggestions!

The cabin that is available on deck 8 is 8314 - it's a couple of cabins away from the very middle of the hump - does that make that much of a difference?

The cabin I have on hold right now is 6318 - right in the middle of the hump.

Archived