Weather in January

kerri1jill

I'm sure alot of you frequent cruisers have cruised in January. We are booked on 1/10 Wester Carribean to Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel. I have cruised twice in October, always very warm. But last year cruised in February to Bahamas. Was pretty cold. Water was too cold to really swim and the day we did stay on the beach my sil layed under a towel because she was cold.

I don't know if that is normal for that time of the year? Or what can we expect for Jan 10th?

I'm sure alot of you frequent cruisers have cruised in January. We are booked on 1/10 Wester Carribean to Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel. I have cruised twice in October, always very warm. But last year cruised in February to Bahamas. Was pretty cold. Water was too cold to really swim and the day we did stay on the beach my sil layed under a towel because she was cold.

I don't know if that is normal for that time of the year? Or what can we expect for Jan 10th?

I agree, the Bahamas can be chilly in January & Feb but you shouldn't have any problems at those three Western ports. Unless there's an unusual weather pattern, temps in Cozumel & Costa Maya will be in the 80's and Belize will be downright hot.

Don't be surprised if it's cool your first sea day and your last one.

You will be fine in the Western Ports!

It will be hot and the water will be beautiful!

Enjoy:)

Exactly! Have done Dec., Jan., and Feb., cruising on the Western itinerary, and had beautiful weather!! Humidity is lower, which is nice, and calmer waters. I actually prefer doing the Western during the winter months.

I also did a Bahamas cruise last Feb and am ALSO doing your exact Jan itinerary (but in Nov). I never went near the water on the whole cruise (and I was on a B2B so it was 7 nights). I couldn't take my jacket off the first day in Miami. I sat on Coco Cay wrapped in a towel and on the ship I was like a mummy under two towels. Never again the Bahamas in Feb.

But I've done the Caribbean in Feb and the weather was FABULOUS. It's pretty year-round in terms of warmth. Quite a bit further south than the Bahamas.

It could be hit or miss in January. I cruised last January on the Naviagator to Cozumel. I was in the window of nice warm weather. From what I heard, the weather turned cold and nasty after my cruise. You just never know. Hopefully you will be lucky and hit nice weather.

Hi. I responded to a thread a bit ago along the same topic and posted some pics. But I love looking at them so I'm posting them again!:p This was our second time cruising the Carib in January. I loved it so much I'm doing Eastern this time! Here's some photos so you know what my experience was like! Have a great cruise!

Warm waters in Grand Cayman:

2818445256_33cc392d98.jpg

Cozumel:

2817594807_588d7daec2.jpg

And Montego Bay:

2817488229_83838a580a.jpg

Actually, it was so hot in Mo'Bay that we got burned to a crisp....:o

Archived