Zaandam ?

karensj

Does the Zaandam have self service laundry? If they do is there also an ironing board? How much does it cost? Is there laundry detergent available to purchase? Thanks for any info.

Karen

Yes, the Zaandam does have self-service laundry. I am not sure of the cost, seems like it differs from ship to ship, but on the Rotterdam last March I believe it was $2.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry.

There is soap that you should use since its bio-degradeable, don't bring your own. What you do is when you put your laundry in, close the door, start the machine and there is a soap button, push it, count to 3 and stop. Don't go too much more than that, otherwise you will have so much soap, you'll have to wash them again and again.

There are ironing boards and irons in the laundry room.

The only ships that do not have self-service laundries are the new Vista Style ships, the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam.

Enjoy your cruise.

Doone is correct in saying that the charge differs from ship to ship. On the Prinsendam, for instance, there is no charge whatsoever for washing, drying, or detergent. Really a perk IMO since most of Prinsendam's itineraries are 14 days and longer.

Just returned from the zaandam and what was said above is correct. Another option is to use the $12 a bag laundry, washed, dried and pressed and returned the next day. They now use the blue corduroy laundry bags on the Z and these are larger than the old paper bags. Believe me, you can cram a bunch in there and have it done beautifully for $12. Don`t waste your time and energy sitting in laundry rooms. JMHO.....jean :cool:

We've used the ship laundry service on the zuiderdam and volendam. Have to agree they do a fantastic job. haven't had anything come back a wrong color or size. Of course, I don't send things I wouldn't dry at home, but if I wash and dry and home, it went into the laundry bag. Their dry cleaning services were also very nice. We were in a suite, and loved the perk of laundry and dry cleaning being included. We sent a bag out every day and packed a lot less. Stuffed paper bags on the zuiderdam...agree the new cloth bags hold more and I felt more secure that what I was sending out wasn't going to fall out of the Paper bag!

We did use the self serve laundry one day on the volendam for things we normally don't dry..very convenient ... area is tiny, but efficient, and several decks offer the launderetts. Check the deck plans. we were on deck 7 and it was just a short walk down to 6..most are located mid ship.

Archived