What's the best time to go to the gym?

minncruisers

5:02AM if you leave it as late as 5:05AM you will have a long wait :D just kidding, ok on a cruise i found quite a few people who it seems have never seen a treadmill so walk 1mph incase they fall off. So go early like 6ish. You are prob better off running round the deck instead.

Every ship I have been on (except Fantasy) has had a line up for treadmills between 6 and 6:30 a.m. - sometimes to the point where I grab an elliptical instead. Dh goes to the gym around 7:30-8 a.m., and has no problem getting a machine of any kind. If he skips his morning workout, he goes to the gym between 2 and 3 pm, and walks right on the treadmill.

Last cruise, my husband and I went after dinner, around 8 or 8:30pm and there was hardly anyone in there. If there were, it was employees getting their workouts in. Never had a problem getting on any machine.

Mid-day seemed to work for me along with port days. We got off the Glory, did a little shopping, made some calls home, and then hit the gym, saunas and whirlpool which were all empty. About two hours later, I guess everyone had the same idea and it became very crowded. we then hit the deck to lay out in the sun for a bit. We had our choice of any deck chair we wanted.

Archived