Mixed signals about staying dressed up after dinner..

Alliea

Might be good to remember, that the most unattractive thing anyone can wear is a look of disdain for their fellowman(woman).

Should we think them too dressed up or too dressed down.:)

Telling it like it is. Get it?:)

Sure they are.

Oh, maybe not them specifically ... but others who are like them, certainly.

From whence do you think all the "snob" and "snooty" judgements come?

people seem to be a bit self-righteous "from whence" you come, eh rev?

pat yourself on the back yet once again for being soooo wonderful and learn some tolerance for others!

ok...I must be a snob on both sides of the issue here....I dress up for dinner and formal nights....and after dinner when we go for a walk around the prominade before the show...I will take off my shoes and walk in my bare nylon stockings to be comfortable!

I have severe arthritis in my feet and shoes are usually more unbearable than not so I would prefer walking barefoot everywhere and I would if I could in the DR every night. But I must say...the dress code is there and I have no problems with comforming to it and I still have a good time! No one has ever commented to me that this is unacceptable to them. Although I do not think anyone notices!

We get from life what we put into it. If having to conform to a dress code bothers a person that much...then they should look for another alternative that will work for them and go with the flow of things. Not make a big deal of it and feel others are stepping on their rights. Everyone has rights!

Smile and be happy! Your on a cruise....and not everyone can afford to do that in their lifetime!:D

So in this thread we have:

A US Marine talking about ambiance

Someone else dissing overweight pax

Opinionated people discussing why they will or will not dress for dinner

The non-propriety of wearing a baseball cap while under any ceiling

etc, etc, etc.

Ya'll (that's Southern for "you guys") need to get ready for the retiring Baby Boomers and Gen X'ers who want to cruise 'cause they totally do their own thing and make their own rules. :):cool:

.....Ya'll (that's Southern for "you guys") need to get ready for the retiring Baby Boomers and Gen X'ers who want to cruise 'cause they totally do their own thing and make their own rules. :):cool:

And therein lies the problem!!!

Alas, I'm one. And I really don't care if you wear a hat inside or not. We sometimes dress formally for dinner. There will be other cruises where DW says lets forget all this stuff and just relax and be very casual. Other times we are combining land and cruise trips and just cannot be bothered with all of the pallaver of humping formal clothing about. I wear suits at work...believe me wearing a suit on a Carib. cruise is a long way from special for me. Both are fine with us. Don't care if someone at our table is wearing a tux or in casual attire. And it makes no never mind to me whether they lost their luggage or just want to be informal...and this does not imply that they are dressed in rags or unclean as some would imply. Most important to us is the conversation. If we were all to judge folk so harshly it would not be a very pleasant world. I don't spent my time trying to determine if one of my fellows passengers has changed during the day or if they wore whatever yesterday. Happy with a book by the pool or on the bacony along with a cold one or a glass of the grape.

Alas, I'm one. And I really don't care if you wear a hat inside or not. We sometimes dress formally for dinner. There will be other cruises where DW says lets forget all this stuff and just relax and be very casual. Other times we are combining land and cruise trips and just cannot be bothered with all of the pallaver of humping formal clothing about. I wear suits at work...believe me wearing a suit on a Carib. cruise is a long way from special for me. Both are fine with us. Don't care if someone at our table is wearing a tux or in casual attire. And it makes no never mind to me whether they lost their luggage or just want to be informal...and this does not imply that they are dressed in rags or unclean as some would imply. Most important to us is the conversation. If we were all to judge folk so harshly it would not be a very pleasant world. I don't spent my time trying to determine if one of my fellows passengers has changed during the day or if they wore whatever yesterday. Happy with a book by the pool or on the bacony along with a cold one or a glass of the grape.

i want to sail with you!

You weren't supposed to notice him.

Like the guy on the QM2 on formal night, in a white suit. OK, that's fine, but when he turned around he had a long tail hanging out the back... Things that make you go HUH? :confused:

So here is the thing...maybe Mr. Clueless was not so clueless. Perhaps he knew the drill but was happy dressed as he was (mind you, he should not have been wearing a hat indoors). He was only Mr. Clueless because that is how you judged him. And he probably could not care less how others judged him.

No problem this can be spun many different ways.

Heck years ago they put cable knit sweaters on the Menendez brothers and attempted to "Spin" it in court, that they were adorable children.

hypnspin3iq1.gif

No problem this can be spun many different ways.

Heck years ago they put cable knit sweaters on the Menendez brothers and attempted to "Spin" it in court, that they were adorable children.

Hey, those kids were dressed-to-kill!:eek:

menendez-brothers.jpg

people seem to be a bit self-righteous "from whence" you come, eh rev?

pat yourself on the back yet once again for being soooo wonderful and learn some tolerance for others!

Not ending one's sentence with a preposition is "self-righteous"?

I pastor a church which welcomes absolutely everybody without regard for political persuasion, social standing, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation ... or even what they wear. And, you know something ... we'd even welcome you.

next time i'm in mosquito texas, i'll be sure to drop in.

Mesquite, as in the tree, Texas.

It's a suburb on the east side of Dallas.

And I'm serious. Over the past few years I've had several from these CC boards "drop in" for worship while they've been in town for various reasons. It's always a pleasure to meet my CCer friends.

St. Stephen UMC is an ultra-modern building, very much unconventional as far as churches go.

ssumc1.jpg

ssumcatnight1.jpg

xmassanc1.jpg

The Sanctuary dresses up nicely for Christmas

ssumcsanct2.jpg

And just make all formal wear "Camo" :rolleyes:

l_roxy_starlettedress_skirt_camo.jpg

What's that made out of? The total visual effect is a positive one, but if that material is the same as my BDUs I'd say "no thank you!" Thick, heavy, rough ... not a good thing against such lovely skin, IMHO! :eek:

Archived