Zuiderdam Curacao Trolly Train Question

boomboom51

KK, thanks for the other suggestions.

Like BoomBoom, I'll be on Zuiderdam in a few weeks. I'm surprised the trolley isn't among the HAL excursions. But, since it isn't, I'd just as soon decide on booking on the pier. Anyone here done that? I'm familiar with the site to prebook:

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/curacao/willemstad-tour-by-trolley-train/

Has anyone done the trolly train on thier own? Any suggestions? We will be there in January and are looking for things we can do on our own without breaking the bank!!!!

We have done it, and have enjoyed it very much! It is an easy walk to the trolley from the ship (across the pontoon bridge) and an interesting overview of the town. You can buy tickets at a booth or on the trolley - - I think it is $15 per person.

Bob

Keep in mind if you are trying to make a reservation on the trolley, or have some time specific plans that the pontoon bridge does swing open to allow ship traffic through. If it is open for whatever reason, they do have a ferry that crosses

When I was there in 2002, they didn't have that. And since we were there on a Sunday, almost all the shops were shut down. Some of the larger shops opened specially for us, but otherwise, we had the town to ourselves.

I did the trolley on my own a year ago; I was not feeling well so decided at the last minute that I wanted to see something without a lot of walking. I did not think much of the tour. Although a little bit of history was given and a mention of some buildings (and I believe one stop at a church), I would suggest a little reading on your own and walking around town if you have the legs and stamina.

Alice

It is easy enough to get around the town. I enjoyed the floating market but it might be there only on Sat. I liked seeing the fruits and veggies and seafood and talking with the locals. There were many Kodak moments of the beautiful colored buildings. We were in Aruba on Sunday and they had odd hours for shopping--something like 11-1:30 but then again, I didn't see much to buy anyway. We were there with two Vistas, Zuidy and Noordam and it wasn't crowded.

Yes, thanks again KK. Curacao may just be my favorite island, and I love walking in the Punda. However, this time I'll be with my parents, 87, and both with knee troubles...as azalice mentions, trolleys are good for people with joint trouble. It also might be a way to relive our favorite family walks of years past.

Since we'll visit on a Saturday, the synagogue will be closed to the public, but I'm interested to hear catl331's comment that may mean the floating market will be open.

Archived