Zuiderdam ?

jaxson

We just got off the Zuiderdam on 12/30. There were no flat screen TVs yet. I don't think they had the new mattresses, although the beds were the most comfortable ones we've had on any ship! (Cabin 5072, Verandah Deck). Please email me with any questions about the ship.

Hi...How was Cabin 5027?? We are in cabin 5077 in February.......can't wait....this is our first time on HAL......my sister and BIL cruised with HAL last year and highly recommended it..they were on the Veendam I think.....anyway....just wondering how you like your cabin Thanks, Marianne

I had previously noted that the Zuiderdam schedule took her out of commision for a few weeks...I cannot recall when; but, it does seem like late January and early February. We are sailing on March 12th. I read on another post that the Zaandam is going to be undergoing the updates. Perhaps the Zuidie is too. I hope so. I saw that the schedule looks like she sails every week after our cruise.

Thanks for your reply; it would be GREAT if all improvements be complete for your cruise and ours.

Have a great cruise.

'Since82 :

Great cruising history! Much of the same as mine and I am originally from Chicago (suburbs, however). Check out my cruising résumé here .. some great, classic ships!

http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/shipcafe.htm

Steve

I was just looking on the Holland Americas website and it does not have the Zui down for any sailings the 1st 3 weeks of January. So I am guess the updates are being done now? At least I am hoping since I am sailing the 5th of March :)

It sure will be nice if the Zuiderdam in having her renovations done this month...just in time for my March cruise! :D

One of the concierge ladies told us last October that the Zui was going into drydock in January in Jacksonville. When I posted that after my return, I was informed I was mistaken. It seems the information may have been accurate after all if there are no sailings scheduled for the Zui part of this month.

We sail on her again next October, I wonder if any changes will be made to her aside from routine maintenance or SOE improvements.

Hi Alison:)

I have no inkling about anything.......unless she is being used as a "Floating Hotel" for the SuperBowl. HAL is one of the cruiselines they are using for Hotel rooms on the River.

But, no I haven't seen her...haven't been down by where they will be docking....it is not anywhere near where I travel around town.

Hope you had a Happy New Year:)

The week of the Super Bowl there will be 5 cruise ships serving as hotels;

The Radisson Seven Seas, Carnival Miracle and from HAL.. the Zuiderdam, Zaandam and the Volendam. Not exactly drydock!!

Archived