Can Concierge Class eat in Blu and

PrincessCarolyn

If so, what is the charge to eat there for Concierge class guests?

I've been looking through the boards, there ARE SO MANY so I apologize if this question is in the wrong place BEFORE someone bites my head off LOL

Thank you :)

No, Blu is the dining room for AQ guests only.

Suite guests can eat in there if there is space for $5.

No one else can eat in Blu

No, Blu is the dining room for AQ guests only.

Suite guests can eat in there if there is space for $5.

No one else can eat in Blu

There were a couple of posts last week of someone just returning and being in a regular cabin who ate in Blu. I would think it might be allowed on a case by case basis depending on capacity for any given night. I think you would lose nothing by asking once on board.

Blu is available to AquaClass and Suite passengers--both without fee--for breakfast [open-seating]... At dinner, Blu is the designated Dining Room for AquaClass guests [without fee] and is reservable by Suite guests--subject to seating availability--for a $5/person Gratuity...

Blu was wildly popular--and most always quite full--on Equinox' last sailing... And though I know that there were requests from guests in other accommodations to dine there, I am not aware that any were successful in doing so... But I too suspect that the policy might flex a bit [though routine exceptions could negate some of the appeal of--and higher fares for--AquaClass if Blu were to become a fourth specialty restaurant] from cruise to cruise/evening to evening...

Blu is a terrific venue...

We sailed on Equinox in August in Concierge Class and were informed that we could make reservations at Blu on any evening as they were not in the least bit busy. As we did not feel the menu suited DH, we decided not too, however this shows it is obviously based on per sailing depending upon the number of Aqua Class guests.

Actually none of the speciality restaurants were particularly busy and a reservation could easily be made for any evening, at a reasonable dining time.

How strange as I have it in writing, email forwarded by someone at X, from the manager of Blu that they 'never ever let anyone into the Blu restaurant that is not from a suite....'

Albert:

Don't feel bad, they have dress codes too but don't enforce them.

Hi Everyone !

I asked around today, and the answer remains the same. BLU is an amenity for Aqua Class passengers. The only exception that I know of, is that Suite passengers may be able to dine there, based on availability.

To PrincessCarolyn, who asked if Concierge Class can dine there, the official answer is No. With that said, I always feel it never hurts to ask. There is no harm in asking at BLU, but I would not get my hopes up. This way, you won't be disappointed.

I always feel it never hurts to ask.

We were in CC on Solstice earlier this year and ate in Blu for breakfast and dinner a total of four times -- we simply asked if space was available and we were accommodated. There was no service fee for breakfast, but we were charged $5 for dinner once (the other two times we were not charged at all for dinner in Blu).

Some friends of ours just returned from Equinox and they too asked to eat in Blu for dinner and were accommodated. They were not in AQ or CC and they also were not staying in a suite.

There may be a formal policy against allowing non-AQ and non-suite guests to eat in Blu, but, like most "policies" on Celebrity, there are many exceptions.

We were in CC on Solstice earlier this year and ate in Blu for breakfast and dinner a total of four times -- we simply asked if space was available and we were accommodated. There was no service fee for breakfast, but we were charged $5 for dinner once (the other two times we were not charged at all for dinner in Blu).

Some friends of ours just returned from Equinox and they too asked to eat in Blu for dinner and were accommodated. They were not in AQ or CC and they also were not staying in a suite.

There may be a formal policy against allowing non-AQ and non-suite guests to eat in Blu, but, like most "policies" on Celebrity, there are many exceptions.

So then, what would be the advantage in paying the extra fare for Aqua class? We booked AQ for the added amenities and would not have done so if we could have had them in any other class of cabin.

So then, what would be the advantage in paying the extra fare for Aqua class? We booked AQ for the added amenities and would not have done so if we could have had them in any other class of cabin.

There are other amenities in Aqua Class, not just dining in Blu. However, now seeing that Blu is sometimes available to all, we would not book in AQ again unless the price was really good. It really was a treat, but we're just 'regular cabin' kind of passengers, I guess! :)

Because you have those amenities every day and those in other classes can only have the dining priviledge of eating in Blu occasionally if at all...

Slightly expanding on the "if room is available" question: Do they close Blu's doors a few minutes after the DR opens so there is a cutoff of traffic? In other words, I assume that people are not roaming into Blu for a prolonged period of time; correct?

Again, along the same lines: Are there many people just "hanging around the door" to wait and see if the can be seated in Blu causing the congestion that many of us want to avoid at the MDR doors?

How strange as I have it in writing, email forwarded by someone at X, from the manager of Blu that they 'never ever let anyone into the Blu restaurant that is not from a suite....'
I have pointed out in reply to you on several occasions that we were in a Cat.9 inside on Solstice and ate one evening in Blu - and I have my gratuity charge on my ship invoice to prove it. Why do you refuse to believe it, and keep posting over and over on these and other boards that "No, Blu is the dining room for AQ guests only. Suite guests can eat in there if there is space for $5. No one else can eat in Blu."? That is probably what the official policy is, but that is not what the reality is, or least has been, anytime Blu has had available space.

Thom

We were on a cruise recently that had several days when all the dining rooms went open seating for dinner. We are Elite Members. We were told by the Maitre 'd at Blu that we could eat there for a $5 fee. After looking at the menu we chose to eat elsewhere. I know of a few Aqua class people who chose to go to Celebrity's Flexible Dining after 2 days in Blu.

I know of a few Aqua class people who chose to go to Celebrity's Flexible Dining after 2 days in Blu.

I know of a few AquaClass couples--including several from our Roll Call--who opted to return to Blu after trying Flexible Dining... I draw no inference--other than individual preference--from either decision...

For those who enjoy Clean Cuisine [which is not to say that there is not an abundance of tasty, well-prepared, high quality food] served skillfully amid the ambience of a smaller dining room--much like the atmosphere of the specialty restaurants--Blu provides a nice home base, or option, to those having opportunity to dine there...

Archived