Bahia Mar Ft Laud. any one stay there

ibecruzen2

Driving in from Daytona and wondered if any one has stayed the night before and are there things close to do

We have stayed there a number of times and I believe that it is now called the Radisson Bahia Mar. Great location and it is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc. There is also an overpass from the hotel and you walk right onto the beach. The pool at the hotel is also very nice.

I've stayed there twice. Be sure to get a room in the "tower". The first time we went we had a room in the 2 story place - not good - they switched us though. The second time we just booked the "tower". It's a nice hotel, they are supposed to be renovating the whole place soon - the bathroom is a little on the "old" side but very nice and clean. We had a great view fromthe "little" balcony - just barely can stand on it but we were on the side of the bldg and could see everything - the cruise ships going out, the ocean, las olas, the beautiful homes, etc. I think you'll like it there.

We have stayed there twice also, very nice hotel, they take very good care of you. Robert is the head bellman. He got us a good room in the tower on our second trip. When you go out of the front of the hotel, go to the left, there is a water taxi that you can take for $5.00 for the whole day, love it. And then about a block farther down the road is a little resturant that sits right by the ocean, I think it is called the Oasis. They have the best Blackened Grouper.

The one thing I would tell you, Bahia Mar is expensive if you order anything, I brought Kalhua and I ordered 2 glasses of milk and cost me 9.00! Little spendy. But got the hotel on priceline for 80.00. Well worth it.

Can't comment about the actual hotel, but I can comment about location. It's right on Ft. Lauderdale beach, on the southern end of the strip (meaning, closest to Port Everglades). It's also within walking distance from some restaurants, but farthest from where the majority of the attractions, bars, shops, and restaurants are located (most are close to the Beach Place area, right next to the Ritz Carlton).

It looks a bit older from the outside, but once again, I can't actually comment on the actual hotel.

On a side note, we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale beach last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see that some of the run down motels are gone, and they've been replaced with more upscale properties. We stayed at a a new Hilton Beachfront Resort (EXCELLENT), and it was located right next to a new W Hotel. As mentioned, there's also a new Ritz Carlton.

Overall, I was very pleased with what I found...

We have stayed there twice also, very nice hotel, they take very good care of you. Robert is the head bellman. He got us a good room in the tower on our second trip. When you go out of the front of the hotel, go to the left, there is a water taxi that you can take for $5.00 for the whole day, love it. And then about a block farther down the road is a little resturant that sits right by the ocean, I think it is called the Oasis. They have the best Blackened Grouper.

The one thing I would tell you, Bahia Mar is expensive if you order anything, I brought Kalhua and I ordered 2 glasses of milk and cost me 9.00! Little spendy. But got the hotel on priceline for 80.00. Well worth it.

Where does the water taxi take you thanks

Where does the water taxi take you thanks

It takes you up the intracoastal and new river. There is a website that has a map. http://www.watertaxi.com/FLLMap.Asp.htm

I like eating at the Bahia Cabana, just south of the Bahia Mar. It's a bit run down, but it's right on the marina, very casual and comfortable. Take a walk up A1A north from the hotel, past Las Olas Blvd, and you will run into lots of restaurants (most are mediocre but fun) and bars.

It takes you up the intracoastal and new river. There is a website that has a map. http://www.watertaxi.com/FLLMap.Asp.htm

I like eating at the Bahia Cabana, just south of the Bahia Mar. It's a bit run down, but it's right on the marina, very casual and comfortable. Take a walk up A1A north from the hotel, past Las Olas Blvd, and you will run into lots of restaurants (most are mediocre but fun) and bars.

Thank you. one of our friends has a hard time walking and that would be nice for him to do. Thanks 19 days till we sail

When you go out of the front of the hotel, go to the left, there is a water taxi that you can take for $5.00 for the whole day, love it.

When (in what year) did you last stay at this hotel? I ask because, to my knowledge, the water taxi hasn't been $5 for the day in at least 3 years. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and I took my dad on the water taxi in June 2007 and it was $11; my dad got a slight discount since he is a senior.

When (in what year) did you last stay at this hotel? I ask because, to my knowledge, the water taxi hasn't been $5 for the day in at least 3 years. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, and I took my dad on the water taxi in June 2007 and it was $11; my dad got a slight discount since he is a senior.

These are the current prices. Perhaps the poster rode after 7 PM a few years back:

Family Pack $48.00

Includes 2 regular fares and up to 3 youth or seniors.

Regular $13.00

Unlimited rides all day.

Youth/Senior $ 10.00

Seniors 65 and over, Youth 12 and under.

Proof of age is required.

After 7pm $ 7.00

Must be purchased on board after 7pm.

We (group of 6) stayed in the Bahia Mar for a couple of nights before a cruise in 2004, and were very pleased.

Great location. Just north of the hotel, on the beach, is (was?) a fun little restaurant that was relaxing and enjoyable. Lots of big private boats there in the marina; for this KS girl, well, let's just say we don't see those every day.

Had fun taking the water taxi a couple of times, down to another dinner location and to do some shopping; enjoying the scenery along the way.

We took a taxi from there to the Ft L port.

Archived