Karen and Stanfields Blogs

coffeeclutch1

I have been following Jeff's voyages for years as he travels the world constantly as well as reading Karen's the Stansfields and sk8teachers blogs as well! It certainly makes my day looking at those wonderful photos of Tahiti and the Cook Islands which are our most favourite destinations on this earth.

Their blogs have made me even more determined to do a half or quarter world cruise in the not too distant future. There is a good one in 2011 on the Amsterdam leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and coming across the Pacific to Sydney - 47 days - which is an ideal amount of time to be away from home.

Jennie

I have been following Jeff's voyages for years as he travels the world constantly as well as reading Karen's the Stansfields and sk8teachers blogs as well! It certainly makes my day looking at those wonderful photos of Tahiti and the Cook Islands which are our most favourite destinations on this earth.

Their blogs have made me even more determined to do a half or quarter world cruise in the not too distant future. There is a good one in 2011 on the Amsterdam leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and coming across the Pacific to Sydney - 47 days - which is an ideal amount of time to be away from home.

Jennie

Can someone post sk8teachers blog Link?? I cannot find it. I've been following Kween Karen's and the Stansfields daily and would love to see sk8teachers.

Joanie

The only problem with the Stansfields and Karen's Links are that they do take a long time to download especially when they contain such a lot of photos and information. If one didn't have a fast connection it would probably take forever to download or if one has dial up, then I think you could be in trouble.

With Jeff's Blog, it is instant which does help if one is a busy person and hasn't the time to wait to download everything.

Jennie

I too have been reading all 4 blogs. I am running out of time, though, as I need to do some planning for my next cruise. As mentioned by the other posters, it does take some time to download the blogs. That said, the pictures are absolutely wonderful.

...opening KweenKaren's blog these days (PDF format)?

I have high speed and dump my internet cache on a routine basis but recently have been unable to open some of the ports (versus sea days). I suspect the ports have lots more pictures (Mb's).

I didn't have the problem during the early stages of her journal entries.

I have a query out to my computer 'guy' but to date haven't gotten a reply back yet. I have #2 desktops and a travel laptop here at the house and they all seem to have the same problem. My laptop at work seems to be able to open some of the ports on occassion.

I've also uninstalled Acrobat reader 9.2 and reinstalled from the adobe website to no avail.

Any techies out there have an answer / comments. Thanks.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

I have high speed and dump my internet cache on a routine basis but recently have been unable to open some of the ports (versus sea days). I suspect the ports have lots more pictures (Mb's).

I have a query out to my computer 'guy' but to date haven't gotten a reply back yet. I have #2 desktops and a travel laptop here at the house and they all seem to have the same problem. My laptop at work seems to be able to open some of the ports on occassion.

I've also uninstalled Acrobat reader 9.2 and reinstalled from the adobe website to no avail.

No problems getting either here. I read them first thing everyday. Just double checked and got them both very quickly.

Kween Karen's Opening for today Reads Day 28 at Sea and then goes to here opening of: Nothing big planned for today…...I was going to go to a coffee

chat and a port lecture…...but it was so nice outside that I didn’t make it inside for those.

Hanging out on the ledge of the Sea View pool…..

I know that her daily .pdf's do take a moment to load, and I am also on High Speed Cable. But once it loads it is fine. And the Stansfield's loads fast.

Joanie

I am on a fast download but some of Karen's have been taking about 4 or 5 minutes to download especially when they have a ton of photos. I find that the Stanfields Blog doesn't take quite as long but they usually don't have as many photos to view.

For those on dial up I doubt if they would ever load as they do contain a lot of MB's. I think yesterday's story of Vanuatu was in the early 20's.

Jennie

I'm definitely not a techie so I can't answer to what your problems can be. But the file from Fiji and Vanuatu did take a long time to open. Having worked with photos, I know that they take up lots of memory space. The Fiji file had 17.80 MB of memory with 83 photos. And the Vanuatu file was suprising even larger with 31.80 MB and 69 photos. Even though, I have extremely high speed internet from Cox, both of those files took a long time to load. Look at the bottom of the file where is is gray and you can see how many mb and you also can see how much has been downloaded.

Archived