Differences between E1/E2 vs. D1/D2 staterooms on Freedom-class

Terpnut

On Freedom-class, the E1 and E2 staterooms are 177 sq ft w/74 sq ft balconies, whereas the D1 and D2 staterooms are 188-214 sq ft w/64-68 sq ft balconies. Can anyone tell me where the extra interior space in the Cat D staterooms is? Specifically where is the extra space utilized and is it worth the extra few bucks? Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the Cat D staterooms are just longer.

As to the balconies, I assume the Cat D balconies are just shorter in depth but the deckplans don't seem to show any differences. In fact, many of the Cat E and Cat D staterooms are located alternately on the same deck so I don't understand how the balcony sizes can be different!

The deck plans are NOT "to scale", first of all! There's about a 5 sq. ft. difference between the 2---(if you add the balcony space to the cabin) with the D's having the slight advantage.

Personally, I'd take cabin space over balcony space any day....all I do on the balcony is sit or stand....I don't have to dress, dry my hair, put on make-up, store things, etc....out there, but 2 adults moving about a cabin need every sq. inch!

Sorry---I don't know where the actual difference in space is...I would imagine the D's are longer than the E's.

Well, it takes extra length to put that longer sofa in the cabin and that adds up to more space across the width of the cabin. The extra interior space is actual about 37 sq feet. Think of a box about 6 feet on a side. It is noticeable and nice. We spent 2 weeks in a D2 on Independence for the April TA and loved it. Visited some Es and were glad we had the extra room.

Having said that, as I have said before, I am a committed price snob. I would pay a little extra for the extra room in a D, but not a whole lot. If you can save a couple of hundred, and it's only the 2 of you, I would probably opt for the E. It is perfectly fine for 2. I have also spent [happily I might add] a week in a 122 sq foot outside cabin on Monarch and the 177 sq feet for an E on the Freedom class would seem like a mansion in comparison.

We are looking at either two connecting E's or D's so, for the four of us, we will likely have plenty of room with two connecting E's. Thanks everyone!

BTW, do the balcony partitions open on Freedom-class?

We are looking at either two connecting E's or D's so, for the four of us, we will likely have plenty of room with two connecting E's. Thanks everyone!

BTW, do the balcony partitions open on Freedom-class?

We were on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago and YES they did open the balcony paritions....:)

We were on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago and YES they did open the balcony paritions....:)
Thanks! Do you know what furniture they have on the balcony? For example, two chairs and small table or large table? IOW, can you eat breakfast out on the balcony? TIA :)

Thanks! Do you know what furniture they have on the balcony? For example, two chairs and small table or large table? IOW, can you eat breakfast out on the balcony? TIA :)

Two chairs and a small table on E's & D's. You can manage breakfast on the balcony.....bring the coffee table out to the balcony and enjoy...we did! :)

Archived