Possible GROUP CRUISE - MIRACLE 10/18/10 BRAND NEW ITINERARY !!!

DGryg

Actresslp: All cruisers book the group cruise with the same agent designated by Laura of Cruise Critic once the cruise is OFFICIAL. A group cruise becomes official when there are a sufficient number of people interested in that cruise. Reduced deposits are a perk when booking a group cruise.

We are definitely interested. Please keep us informed. My husband's name is Tom btw :)

It will feel weird to not book through our usual Carnival agent, but if it saves us money via a group rate, I'm all about it :)

What all does this group booking do? Do they seat us close to each other/at the same table for dinner, are there group events, etc...or are we just all getting a discounted rate?

What is the typical discount for a group booking?

MEOWSMURPHY: Welcome aboard! It's nice to hear from a former New Bedfordite. I see you now live in Ohio. I didn't realize it's considered "flatlands." What first names should I place on the list?

Sue: Good to see you found me! We had a great time on the Carnival Freedom with you. This will be a great reunion for us. Maybe we can meet again at Southport Raw Bar before sailing and throw back a few. Who will you be travelling with?

Debbie & Keith (dknight1021): Congratulations on your daughter's impending marriage. You'll have almost a year to save for this cruise, so don't sweat it. I work in Attleboro, Mass., live in North Attleboro, Mass. -- just around the corner from you. Let me know what family and friends might be interested after you speak with them. I'll add their names to the list. Maybe you could take your daugher and new son-in-law, too.

Actresslp & Tom: I didn't get your first name. Group cruise discounts vary according to sailing date and ship. I can easily say that the rate is always better than published rates elsewhere, and it usually includes some or all of the following: $ onboard credit, free cocktail party, and/or champagne/chocolates. This ship will have the "dine anytime" program so you can go to lunch or dinner with whomever you wish in the restaurants at a time convenient for you. We usually plan a Meet and Greet Party on the first day of boarding, just after the Muster Drill. We get to know one another, and before you know it, you have a whole new group of friends!

10/18/10 Cruiser List:

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

2. Milly & Tom (scuba idcs)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

5. Friends of Love to Ride (maybe)

6. Sandee & Karen (bluehenfan)

7. Actresslp & Tom (actresslp)

7. David & Kathy (cruzship21)

8. MeowsMurphy +

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

10. Debbie & Keith (dknight1021)

11. Family/Friends of Debbie & Keith

Fantastic !!! - Keep it Goin' !!!! :D

Hey Debbie/Dave...we are John & M-E...we usually sail the week of Oct 8th as that is our anniversary, but I'd really love to do this itinerary...now to talk DH into it..keep us posted on details...thanks...oh and "flatlands of America" is my interpretation of OH..nothing but fields of corn..so different from the Adirondack's and Berkshire's and the OCEAN where we used to live until we landed here..

Toni & John: I believe it takes a minimum of 8 cabins to make a group. It depends on the length of the cruise. And yes, I'm getting very excited as well. I like the idea that we have lots of time to plan whatever and to save our pennies for those tropical drinks. Oohh!

My favoritie is the liquored up iced tea. Yum!

Actresslp: I can see you were on the Carnival Victory for the Southern Caribbean. I'm reserved for the same ship, same itinerary on April 18, 2010. How was the cruise? Any tips to share?

10/18/10 Cruiser List:

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy +

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

Actresslp: I can see you were on the Carnival Victory for the Southern Caribbean. I'm reserved for the same ship, same itinerary on April 18, 2010. How was the cruise? Any tips to share?

Hey there! btw...my name is Laura :)

We had a great time on the Victory. It is much different than other itineraries we've been on because you don't get any days at sea. We pretty much did something in each port so I almost needed a vacation from my vacation :) I'll list what we did and if any of those sound like something you are interested in, I can give you more details about what we did. The only excursion we booked directly through the boat was the canopy challenge in Dominica (couldn't find a way to book it independently).

St. Thomas- Snuba

Dominica- Canopy Challenge at Wacky Rollers

Barbados- Beach day at the Hilton ($35/pp & included a drink and lunch)

St. Lucia- All day island tour with Serenity Tours

Antigua- Beach day at the Jolly Beach Resort (AI resort- $60/pp)

St. Kitts- 1/2 day sail and snorkel (booked through the Tour Store)

mjnelson: Don't worry, in most cases, they do offer a reduced deposit for official group cruises. So you have a Christmas cruise to look forward to. I've never cruised during a holiday. Christmas in the Caribbean - Wow! I'll put you down as interested if there's a reduced deposit.

Toni: I also like the Miami Vice drink. Very colorful.

Laura: How was the sail and snorkel in St. Kitts? If you don't mind me asking, how much for a half day?

10/18/10 Cruiser List:

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

7. Laura & Tom (actresslp)

8. MeowsMurphy & John

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

12. Mjnelson +

If I don't hear from you, everyone have a great weekend !!

Welcome aboard Dan & Kelly (uffdafla) !! So glad you can join us on the Miracle! You're added to the list.

10/18/10 Cruiser List:

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy & John

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

12. Mjnelson +

13. Dan & Kelly (uffdafla)

Come on Cruisers - Sign up!

DGryg-

The 1/2 day sail and snorkel was through the Tour Store. We paid $55/pp and it was for 4 hours (the website lists 3.5/hours). We were the only boat in port and even our ship didn't feel full....so our catamaran only had 12 people on it. When I booked the excursion I was told they would book up to 60 people. It felt like a private charter. It was great!! The price also included lunch on the boat after snorkeling and an open bar. We had a fantastic time!

Laura: That sail and snorkel excursion sounded fantastic. I think we have an "expert" scuba diver amongst us. Is that right, Milly? I've never been scuba diving, but love to snorkel.

I hope everyone had a great Saturday. Here in New England, it rained most of the day, but was very mild. Tomorrow we're all praying for some sun.

INTERESTED CRUISERS LIST:

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy & John

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

12. Mjnelson +

This fun group is open to ALL. Don't be shy ... Sign up !

Toni & John: I believe it takes a minimum of 8 cabins to make a group. It depends on the length of the cruise. And yes, I'm getting very excited as well. I like the idea that we have lots of time to plan whatever and to save our pennies for those tropical drinks. Oohh!

My favoritie is the liquored up iced tea. Yum!

10/18/10 Cruiser List:

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy +

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

Good evening Deb:

I finally made it over here to post after posting on the Freedom thread. Looks like the numbers are growing....I spoke to friends of ours about an hour ago and they are considering taking this cruise as well. I also ahve an email in to friends in OH that met while cruising 6 years ago and hope to hear something back from them soon if her health permits.

Sue-it would be great to cruise with you again. We had such a good time with you on all of our shared excursions.

Deb count us in. I will watch for the group discount -if not I will book thru Seamiles cashing in our miles for a good discount. If there is anything else I can do in the meantime please let me know. I thought I would start looking at some our operators and see if we can come with something as exciting and fun as the Patouche catamaran in Tortola.....lol

Have a great weekend and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Crystal and Michael

Crystal & Mike: Awesome to see that you found us! We had such a great time with you guys on the Freedom and expect the same with the Miracle. I hope all your friends decide to do the same. You can't have a bad time with great people -- and we are !

Please hold off on booking until group rates are posted. Group rates are very competitive, if not better than the Early Saver Rates, but with no hugh penalty. And who doesn't love the idea of having a free cocktail party and chocolates and champagne waiting in the cabin. Don't I feel special. It always seems to be a much better deal. It will be great to see Sue again, too. If you'd like to get involved -- no obligation -- you can check out similar excursions (like Patouche) for the Aruba and Curacao locations. I've never been to either place. You're now added to the list of interested cruisers. Thanks, again, Crystal & Mike. Love you!

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy & John

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

12. Mjnelson +

14. Crystal & Mike

15. Friend of Crystal & Mike

16. Ohio Friends of Crystal & Mike

Good Morning Everyone !

I will be contacting Laura of Cruise Critic via email. I'd like her to validate our "Officialness" as a group and put us in contact with the travel agent for group pricing. Laura is very busy, but I hope she can accommodate our group as soon as possible.

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy & John

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

12. Mjnelson +

14. Crystal & Mike

Welcome, Figment7 ! I'm so glad you've decided to show your interest in this Miracle Southern Caribbean cruise for 10/18/10. If you have any questions, please let us know.

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. MeowsMurphy & John

9. Sue (SueN0724)+

12. Mjnelson +

14. Crystal & Mike (24acruz)

17. Figment7 & wife (Figment7)

We're on a roll ! Keep the cruisers comin' !!!

Here we come, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk & Dominican Republic !!!

Debbie,

Yea! It seems like we're getting quite a group together!

We will want to book a balcony. I've never been on this type/class ship for carnival, What are good decks/locations? It may be too early to ask this but its never too early :)

Thanks for all you're doing for the group!!!!

Good Morning Everyone !

I will be contacting Laura of Cruise Critic via email. I'd like her to validate our "Officialness" as a group and put us in contact with the travel agent for group pricing. Laura is very busy, but I hope she can accommodate our group as soon as possible.

Great..hopefully she will get back to you quickly and the TA will give us some awesome rates...I've been checking out ES rates on Carnival's boards and I'll talk to my PVP tomorrow to see what is comparable and then make a decision...I'm really excited to go back to Aruba and not have to leave from Puerto Rico to do it...tried to get an idea on airfare but has to be less than a year out so will do that this coming week...Update us as soon as you can...

Thanks,

Emmy (M-E)

Toni: I think this group is coming together quite nicely. I, too, am interested in a balcony. I like the Category 7A balconies near the aft elevator. The lifeboats are smaller and obstruct your view only when looking down and the rates are very good. As for deck choice, I always try to sandwich my cabin between 2 floors that have only cabins above or below me. This way I'm not stuck either under or over a nightclub or Lido or theatre.

Emmy: As I understand it, Early Saver rates as well as other standard rates will be available to us for this cruise. And, if we book as a group (power in numbers) with the same TA, we will most likely get the added bonus of some or all of the following amenties: $ onboard credit, cocktail party, champagne and chocolates. Now who wouldn't like that? I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear anything from Laura at CC. Laura is very busy, so I'll try and be patient, but will communicate with her frequently.

1. Debbie & Dave (DGryg)

3. Toni & John (Sarlin)

4. Love to Ride +

8. Emmy & John (MeowsMurphy)

9. Sue (SueN0724)+