Convenient Hotel to Airport and Town in Venice

cruiser man

Does anyone recommend a hotel that is convenient to both the airport and the cruise port in Venice? We arrive the evening before the cruise and were hoping to stay at a hotel that would be convenient to both the airport and cruise terminal. We want to ensure that we will also be able to easily get to town from the hotel also. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone recommend a hotel that is convenient to both the airport and the cruise port in Venice? We arrive the evening before the cruise and were hoping to stay at a hotel that would be convenient to both the airport and cruise terminal. We want to ensure that we will also be able to easily get to town from the hotel also. Any help would be appreciated.

When we made our researches for a hotel in Venice we found

Crowne Plaza in Quarto d'Altino:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/925/en/hd/vceqa?crUrl=/h/d/cp/925/en/hotelsearchresults&rpb=hotel&_requestid=664384

1. Free airport shuttle

2. Direct access to the commuter train to Venice Santa Lucia (20 minutes ride)

3. At Santa Lucia train station the porter organisation of Venice provide against small fee a baggage transfer while you can doing sightseeing.

Unfortunately we canceled our Venice cruise and rescheduled it now for 2011. So I cannot say anything to the hotel. But we would book it again as this sounds great to me.

Regards,

HeinBloed

When are you in Venice. We booked BW Olimpia just 100 meter away from Piazzala Roma and only 10 minutes to the cruise terminal. I can let you know how it was when we are back(mid December)

• 2 months later...

We were coming off a Windstar cruise and needed to stay overnight in Venice to catch an early flight the next morning. We chose The Bauer for it's excellent location and we knew a major hotel would be able to get us on a 4:45 am water taxi to the airport.

All in all a great experience :)

We chose Ca Doge' right at Piazzale Roma. Piazzale Roma is the transportation hub of Venice. The taxis, the vaporetto, the visitor kiosk, the bus to the airport, were all located right there. It is a small hotel, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff were top notch. It's easy to get to central Venice.

We did notice a little larger hotel across the Piazzale called The Santa Chiara Hotel, and it sits right on the Grand Canal.

I used http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

for the information and hotels, then went to www.tripadvisor.com

for reviews. As well as www.venere.com

Using the three websites, I felt comfortable selecting Ca Doge'.

Have fun planning, then taking your trip.

Archived