Princess Website Question

Piperpals

Can anyone tell me where on Princess Website Cruise Personalizer I can find where to book pre-cruise hotels/packages?

Can I perhaps not see it because it isn't available yet (167 days before cruise)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me where on Princess Website Cruise Personalizer I can find where to book pre-cruise hotels/packages?

Can I perhaps not see it because it isn't available yet (167 days before cruise)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you book direct with Princess?

I believe you need to talk with a rep to do that.

Pre and post hotels have to be booked through travelagent, Direct with cruiseline if you booked your cruise through them , you can call hotels direct or you can go through a lot of on line hotel booking compinies . I wont name but just google hotels and pages of co. will come up . CARL

Re: shore excursions, sometimes you have to wait even longer than 120 days prior. For our cruise, it was about 80 days and it sounds like it varies from cruise to cruise.

Re: hotels. It looks like you're talking about a Hawaiian cruise out of LA, right? What I would suggest is looking at the Western Destinations board here on CC. You'll find tons of hotel recommendations and be told areas to stay away from.

I know that Princess uses the LAX Marriott for their hotel packages, but really would you want to spend time around the airport? You might be able to find a decent hotel at a decent price on your own. But if you're not familiar with LA, best to ask advice from the locals and there's several of us checking that area of CC every day we are on this site.

I have stayed a night at the LAX Marriott, but that was after our wedding (14 years ago this week) and that was because we had an early flight to Honolulu the next morning. But we certainly didn't want to walk around there. And taking taxis just to find a decent restaurant or look around LA is way too expensive.

To look at what Princess "offers":

Go to Princess dot com.

Use Pull Down Menu "Learn About Our Cruise"

Go to Destination

Click on Destination You Want

Click on Extending Your Stay on RHS.

A Sample link is below:

http://www.princess.com/learn/destinations/australia/index.html

Some destinations do not give prices.

But your TA or you will have to call to actually book.

Pick up a Brochure at AAA or American Express - or any travel agency.

All the hotel descriptions and rates are in every brochure, but best to get one for your own itinerary. Then, call your T.A. or, if booked with the line, call Princess to book hotels.

The Marriott in L.A. is a good value.

Hotels cannot be booked on the Princess website.

;);):D;);)

Make sure that you note that Princess hotel prices are per person, NOT per room. As other's have said, check out the Departures area of CruiseCritic for good hotel info.

Out of LA (San Pedro) I'd recommend the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree. You can save a lot of $$ by booking yourself.

Again a reminder that someone posted above -- Princess prices are per person double occupancy -- so one has to double it. Princess prices are sometimes cheaper than the hotel "Rack Rate" (posted rates with no discounts) but even in holiday seasons one seldom pays the rack rate. Also one must check whether breakfast is included in the quoted rate. Princess first day rates includes transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to ship. The second day rate is just the hotel rate.

I have found that it is cheaper to book thru princess . This especially true

during the busy holiday seasons. If you count exchange ( from USD to Cdn)

it quite often is cheaper.

Archived