Another ES question...married by cruise date?

eh24fan

We booked ES for our Miracle cruise in April, with the intention of marrying the weekend before we left. However, we are strongly considering getting married much sooner, meaning I'd like to change my name sooner. We are booked with me using my maiden name....so my question is, will I be able to change my last name beforehand??? I'm so confused.

We got married the week before our cruise, all I had to bring was a copy of my marriage certificate that showed both names as my ID did not reflect my new name. As far as I know they will charge you to change the name on the cruise...so the marriage certificate is the cheapest and easiest way to go.

We got married the week before our cruise, all I had to bring was a copy of my marriage certificate that showed both names as my ID did not reflect my new name. As far as I know they will charge you to change the name on the cruise...so the marriage certificate is the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Excellent post. Your marriage certificate will EXPLAIN everything about why you have a different name at the time of boarding from your name at the time you booked.:)

OP said they booked ES which says "NO NAME CHANGES".

Since the OP is just getting married, not really changing people, I know Carnival has on occassion changed the last name.

Just be aware that not even for $50 on ES can you change names, it isnt allowed. (the terms do seem kinda buried to me too)

We booked ES for our Miracle cruise in April, with the intention of marrying the weekend before we left. However, we are strongly considering getting married much sooner, meaning I'd like to change my name sooner. We are booked with me using my maiden name....so my question is, will I be able to change my last name beforehand??? I'm so confused.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just call Carnival?

In my mind a "name change" would be a passenger change. You're not changing passengers. You're getting married.

Archived