Oasis - Night Photos - InletCam

InletCam

She looks awesome. It's interesting to note though that the first two lifeboats are not back yet. I wonder if they will have them by tomorrow or if they are sailing under capacity. I'm not sure what Oasis's total lifeboat numbers are but by law a ship must be able to evacuate everyone from one side of the ship in case of emergency. Those missing lifeboats drops the number on that side by 700. There is always the chance that they have such a high lifeboat capacity that even without these two they may still be able to evacuate a full ship from one side, I doubt it though.

Very nice...purty and sparkly!!! Now I just replaced your arrival photo with this photo as my desktop! Keep up the GREAT work!

Oh my goodness!:eek: I Had the same photo for my background and now I want to put that one up too!!! Great minds think alike!!! :D

I wonder why she has smoke coming out of the stacks. She's supposed to be electric so that when they are in port they can turn off all the generators and engines (no fuel consumption to save money and be green) and plug into the port to rely entirely on the power from the more efficient main land plant. I know that this was one of the big components of the new terminal so why aren't they using it? Is there something else that would be releasing from the stack?

In the night photos you can really see the promenade deck. During the day it's hard to tell that it's there. When the balcony lights are on they may make it harder though.

From DEIx15x8: "I'm not sure what Oasis's total lifeboat numbers are but by law a ship must be able to evacuate everyone from one side of the ship in case of emergency."

Is this really true? I read that each lifeboat holds something like 370 people (including 16 crew), how would everyone be able to evacuate from only one side?

And is this ship really suppose to plug into electric power once in port?

From DEIx15x8: "I'm not sure what Oasis's total lifeboat numbers are but by law a ship must be able to evacuate everyone from one side of the ship in case of emergency."

Is this really true? I read that each lifeboat holds something like 370 people (including 16 crew), how would everyone be able to evacuate from only one side?

And is this ship really suppose to plug into electric power once in port?

They have collapsable lifeboats as well which make up for the other side. With two missing I'm not sure those could make up the number.

The plugging in was mentioned awhile back during some of the early port development information as well as some of the green initiative stuff. There are not many ships that do it as I am pretty sure it has to be build for the purpose and cannot be added later. There are a few cargo ships that have it and I heard some of the new princess ships may have it as well.

Here are some stories on the topic:

http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=60207

http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=56801

The official term is Cold Ironing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Ironing

Wiley,

Hi there-It's Joan, the crazy lady who came to your house on 11/13 after the Oasis came into port.

Well, I have just booked on the 11/30 and 12/1 sailings. I got a port side balcony on deck 12 aft, and will be waiving my flag at you as we leave port.

Thanks so much again for everything. It was so nice to meet you both and I will be sailing past your lovely home shortly.

Archived