Why so much complaining?

ircruising- i too was concerned about the cruise i booked on the mariner (3/05) after reading all these negative posts. several years ago we went on carnival and i was told by several people that the food was wonderful. well we found it certainly palletable but nothing great.still had a great cruise. this time we thought we would try rccl as our ta said the food and presentation was wonderful. now all i read is how bad the food is. ok, so i won't eat a ranch steak icon_wink.gif

Time remaining 'til Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;03;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Wife' & I cruise to have fun. We enjoy being just with each other or with other people. We enjoy just sitting there watching the ocean. All of our cruises have been just about perfect. Who cares about a broken cabin? Things break at our house. So what a meal is not up to par? We didn't have to cook or clean up. Most meals are better than we make. Most meals are better than the restraunts we go to. A rude crew member? Some days I might not be Mr. Cheerful. Wonder who turns these peoples bed down at night. I can pull the covers back.We have met some of the nicest people on cruise ships.

As long as RCL treats us decent, provides us with an environment free of the hassles of every day life, provides us with decent dance music, & provides an environment where I can enjoy Wife'. We will continue cruising with RCL. And yes the cruises will continue to be just about perfect. A perfect cruise would be one where we won a TON of money.

Sovereign 598

Sovereign 599

Sovereign 500

Voyager 1100

Explorer 501

Radiance 1101

Majesty 302

Adventure 402

Enchantment 1102

Monarch 103

Legend 403

Navigator 1103

Mariner 304

Grandeur 404

Sovereign 504

Serenade 1104

Foxtrot- My sentiments exactly.

( When I was scrolling through your sail dates and ship names I at first thought the dates were the prices you paid and I thought WOW what a great rate for the Monarch. Then I started laughing at my stupidness-yes, I am blonde- no, I'm not generally that slow icon_rolleyes.gif)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

It would be hard for me to find anything to complain about on a cruise... unless we sunk. I find that I have had a few minor bumps in our cruises but heah, I have that just about every day as I can't control the future. Any time a business makes changes to their product people will have opinions. I think the older we get the less we like changes in our life. The younger we are we are too busy living life.

Flagger I hope you are saying your prayers for the perfect weather. Sometimes perfect weather isn't as important as other problems in the world.

Icruising

Your first sentence says it all. You will be on a criuse with dear friends. Even if something isn't perfect on your cruise, I am sure that some great memories will be made, that you can share together once you are home. I hope that you have a wonderful trip.

God bless you and yours.

Geez, I don't get it either. Why so much whining about other folks opinions? If you don't want to hear about folks unhappy with the soda charge, sail on a line that provides free sodas; there is no complaining there. If you don't want to hear the complaining about restaurant surcharges, sail on a line that does not provide such charges in alternative restuarants; they are there! Honestly, I don't get why folks think their "positive attitude" must be somehow quiet other people opinions. We all have choices. Exercise yours so they don't impose on others.

I think I finally came up with the ultimate comparison... buy a car. Sure get the base model, but you can pay more for one with a 6 disc CD change and a sunroof - Just like eating at Portofino or Chops, right?

Until we "get out there" Empress of the Seas June 26, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;6;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch of the Seas 1997

Nordic Empress 1999

Enchantment of the Seas 2000

Voyager of the Seas 2001

Nordic Empress 2002

Nordic Empress 2003

NCL Dawn 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FOXTROT:

Wife' & I cruise to have fun. We enjoy being just with each other or with other people. We enjoy just sitting there watching the ocean. All of our cruises have been just about perfect. Who cares about a broken cabin? Things break at our house. So what a meal is not up to par? We didn't have to cook or clean up. Most meals are better than we make. Most meals are better than the restraunts we go to. A rude crew member? Some days I might not be Mr. Cheerful. Wonder who turns these peoples bed down at night. I can pull the covers back.We have met some of the nicest people on cruise ships.

As long as RCL treats us decent, provides us with an environment free of the hassles of every day life, provides us with decent dance music, & provides an environment where I can enjoy Wife'. We will continue cruising with RCL. And yes the cruises will continue to be just about perfect. A perfect cruise would be one where we won a TON of money.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FOXTROT, well said -- we agree 110%!!! icon_smile.gif

###

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Greetings Smiles, it's not the point of a being against criticism. It's against unfounded criticism. Charging for orange juice? Maybe in a screwdriver, never at breakfast. No turn down 1st night? Where do these items come from? If someone had a bad steak, then say I had a bad steak. Not the food was terrible. Have you ever heard of someone starving to death on a cruise? This board is fantastic for information. I am just trying to weed out misinformation.

Foxtrot- I agree! If someone is going to have a complaint about something I wish they would fully explain why they are complaining. Don't say the food was terrible and then not explain your reasons. I've found out from others later that it wasn't that the food was cold, dried out, or undercooked but that they don't like jerk chicken, they don't like coucous, they don't like spices, etc. Valid complaints are fine but please be specific.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

Archived