8-time Carnival cruiser curious about NCL

alreadypacked

Hello NCL cruisers--

Considering a 4 or 5 day NCL cruise out of Miami, but have a few questions:

I read that all ocean view cabins have toilet separate from shower & sink area...true?

For those who have sailed Carnival, are standard NCL cabins a lot smaller than Carnival's?

Will suitcases fit under the beds on NCL?

Would love you to post any cabin/bathroom photos you have also.

Any additional NCL tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!!:)

Hello NCL cruisers--

I read that all ocean view cabins have toilet separate from shower & sink area...true?

For those who have sailed Carnival, are standard NCL cabins a lot smaller than Carnival's?

Which ship? That may make a differerence to the answers. I've never had an ocienview but NCL.com has the lay outs of all cabins on it's web site. Choose ship then choose Staterooms and you should find a layout. Good luck.

Hello NCL cruisers--

Don't know what you mean by toilet separate-- Have only had balcony cabins and showers have doors then there is a sink area in the middle then the toilet on oposite side of room from shower.

Carnival rooms (balcony) are a little bigger.

Suitcases will fit under the beds.

Crew is much friendlier, in my opinion. I sailed Carnival this summer and was surprised at how 'standoffish' the crew were.

I love NCL and I think you will certainly enjoy your cruise.

Hello NCL cruisers--

Here is a link to a lot of pics of the Star. Will give you a good overall of an NCL ship. I have sailed the Star twice and am getting ready to sail on her again. (these are not my pics)

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...tar/?start=all

Having been on 14 ccl cruises from the tropical to the glory we got disapointed in the service getting worse and tried a 14 day rccl and just got back from ncl 7 day and it was great and service was better. The room seemed to be a little smaller but had plenty of room. Have a great cruise.:):)

I tried NCL after several CCL cruises and I love it!! Although I like Traditional dining on CCL, I also enjoy Freestyle when cruising NCL and I REALLY like all the dining options.

I highhly recommend trying all the specialty restaurants aboard the Star :)

As for the cabins, yes they are a bit smaller, but I prefer the bathrooms on NCL because the showers are much larger with glass doors as opposed to the dreaded shower curtains. Although the cabins/balconies are a bit smaller, there is still ample storage space.

I loved my Mexican Riviera cruise onthe Star. We had a great time!!

The size difference with the cabins is mostly the width of the cabin, a foot or two depending on the ships. Usually the cabins are of a similar length, hall to window...

While Carnival's cabins are a bit larger, you really can't use the extra space much. If anything, I prefer NCL's cabin as the television set is a foot or two closer....

Yes, the suitcases can fit under the bed.

Here are links to several cruise photos we took, which include the cabins:

You can check out cruise ship deck plans here for comparing ships:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php

Thanks for the photo links and the cruisedeckplans.com link! What a great website.

Don't know what you mean by toilet separate-- Have only had balcony cabins and showers have doors then there is a sink area in the middle then the toilet on oposite side of room from shower.

I read (wish I could remember where) that the toilet compartment had a door separating it from the sink/shower area. Maybe this is the case on one specific ship. Anyway, thanks for the info.

I read (wish I could remember where) that the toilet compartment had a door separating it from the sink/shower area. Maybe this is the case on one specific ship. Anyway, thanks for the info.

This is a floor plan on the Star of the OV cabin. The bathroom has a toilet and sink and shower in one room with a seperate door to the shower. The mini suites have a seperate toilet with door.

I also wanted to add that NCL has the best, happiest crew on the seas. Absolutely the best!

Click here and scroll to OV and click on floorplan.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/staterooms.html?shipCode=STAR

Archived