Guarantee Room Question

Marietta

Does your PVP or agent have anything to do with the room you end up getting? Of the 3 guarantees I've booked with Carnival I've gotten a nice upgrade twice, both with online agencies, and what I paid for when I booked it thru my PVP. Is it chance? How late can I change to a picked room? Final Payment is coming up and I'm not sure what to do. My PVP was doing a hard sell to pick a room and seamed to be trying to convince me that I'd get a really bad room with the guarantee. Can he make that happen? Should I try to change PVP?

Thanks for any ideas!

Its chance. If the PVP or TA could influence the cabin choice, I know many would influence it to get you a better cabin and they cant do that. They would influence it to get two cabins together if they are linked etc. They cant.

Id wait and get the guarantee. You can change right up until you sail to a picked cabin and pay the difference. ... even after final payment.

I might change PVPs anyway, if one was pressuring me to change cabins when I wasnt really wanting to.

My bet is they are just looking to see what cabins are available, and they may be able to note that the "good cabins" are filling up faster. Who knows.

This is why I typically book via Early Saver, and pick my cabin...no need to worry, though I have been fortunate in the past with booking through a TA and having a nice upgrade or another decently located cabin.

Its chance. If the PVP or TA could influence the cabin choice, I know many would influence it to get you a better cabin and they cant do that. They would influence it to get two cabins together if they are linked etc. They cant.

Id wait and get the guarantee. You can change right up until you sail to a picked cabin and pay the difference. ... even after final payment.

I might change PVPs anyway, if one was pressuring me to change cabins when I wasnt really wanting to.

I agree we book direct and have done guarentees 4 times and have been upgraded all 4 times.

TOM

Thanks guys. I was afraid that he could give me a bad cabin on purpose. We've been thinking about changing PVP's, and I've even got the name of a "good" one, but I'm a little nervous because I don't want to upset him... he's got my husbands DD214 on file and it's got his SS# on it. :eek:

I was just looking at picking a room and it's gone up $150 per person (x4) in the 8 days since I booked it. Hopefully all the cheap rooms will fill up and we'll get an upgrade. I guess we can always pack the noise machine, just in case!

My bet is they are just looking to see what cabins are available, and they may be able to note that the "good cabins" are filling up faster. Who knows.

This is why I typically book via Early Saver, and pick my cabin...no need to worry, though I have been fortunate in the past with booking through a TA and having a nice upgrade or another decently located cabin.

Its a little hard to say I "typically book Early Saver" when early saver hasnt even been in existance a full year. I still have some booking from before Early Saver went into existance, that I couldnt do anything about changing over, TA terms, group cruises that went up ... different reasons.

Iv booked early saver since late January when ES started though, lol.

Its a little hard to say I "typically book Early Saver" when early saver hasnt even been in existance a full year. I still have some booking from before Early Saver went into existance, that I couldnt do anything about changing over, TA terms, group cruises that went up ... different reasons.

Iv booked early saver since late January when ES started though, lol.

Perhaps I should have clarified to say, "typically book Early Saver now..." as you stated, it hasn't always been available.

Historically, I have booked with TAs and PVPs and have been fairly lucky with my cabin assignments using the Fun Saver rates and Past Guest rates previously, regardless of being able to select my specific cabin.

When I contacted our PVP about this special Paradise deal, we described the cabin we had the last time & he got us the same type of cabin on a better deck for $10 more pp than the advertised deal, but it's worth it.

What Paradise deal? My PVP didn't let me know anything about this one. What kind of deal is it? I hope you have a great time. Please post a review when you return. I really enjoyed your last one. Thanks so much!

What Paradise deal? My PVP didn't let me know anything about this one. What kind of deal is it? I hope you have a great time. Please post a review when you return. I really enjoyed your last one. Thanks so much!

I got an e-mail saying there were last min cabins starting at $129pp with $37 taxes. We'd just been discussing going on another cruise & the price was really good. the E-mail came on Weds & we booked on thurs. The offer was over by that Fri. Chris held the cabin for us, until I could get my parents Credit card.

Archived