Westerdam 11/15/09 - Our Experience

ekerr19

My son just called from Afghanistan, said he was a little tired, but overall, doing pretty well. His call made my day. :)

Please pass on my THANK YOU and GOD BLESS to your son from me!!!! And PLEASE let him know that his service is deeply APPRECIATED!!!!!

And God Bless you and your family as you go through pure hell every day in your worries for him!!!!

Joanie

No email yet :confused:

My address is djp5780 at aol.com

Thanks!

Sorry Debbie! I had something come up and haven't been at the computer for a few days.... I'll get them out, promise!

And thanks to all of you for keeping my son and the many other men and women serving our country in your thoughts and prayers - especially during the holidays when they are away from home and loved ones. :)

Thanks for a great review . Enjoyed reading it very much.

One question - in the PH - is there still a step up to the bathroom?

I was thinking if not it might work for us - when a handicap accessible

suite is not available ? I know the entrance door would be

wide enough for a power wheelchair. That would be a good

excuse to try a PH !

Stay warm - not sure where you are - but wind chill here in Co. Sp.

is now minus 11 below ...

<<<<My son just called from Afghanistan, said he was a little tired, but overall, doing pretty well. His call made my day. >>

God Blessings to your son for his service - and prayers for your family

enduring his absence.

Ekerr19- Your son will be added to my prayers for his and all our soldiers safety. It is a tremendous sacrifice they are making to keep the rest of us safe.

Just one question- do you know the price of the thermal package for 2 people? Thanks.

Thanks for a great review . Enjoyed reading it very much.

One question - in the PH - is there still a step up to the bathroom?

I was thinking if not it might work for us - when a handicap accessible

suite is not available ? I know the entrance door would be

wide enough for a power wheelchair. That would be a good

excuse to try a PH !

<<<<My son just called from Afghanistan, said he was a little tired, but overall, doing pretty well. His call made my day. >>

God Blessings to your son for his service - and prayers for your family

enduring his absence.

There was no step up into the bathroom areas. The shower, however, is smaller than expected - and no wheel chair access. If you can use the tub, it is fantastic. I'd be happy to send you some pictures.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for our family. My son messaged me tonight saying it was rainy and muddy - and not the best conditions in Afghanistan.

Ekerr19- Your son will be added to my prayers for his and all our soldiers safety. It is a tremendous sacrifice they are making to keep the rest of us safe.

Just one question- do you know the price of the thermal package for 2 people? Thanks.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. :) I'm sorry I don't know the cost of the thermal package for two - we had it as part of the Suite package. I might be able to find out for you though.

Please pass on my THANK YOU and GOD BLESS to your son from me!!!! And PLEASE let him know that his service is deeply APPRECIATED!!!!!

And God Bless you and your family as you go through pure hell every day in your worries for him!!!!

Joanie

Thank you Joanie. Your wishes mean a great deal to me and our entire family. :) We usually hear from him every few days, and that is a relief. Thank the Lord for the AT&T iPhone!

We were also on the 11/15/09 sailing of the Westerdam and the following week also. So surprised to hear that you received so many NO comments. We requested many things from the Concerierge also and never received a negative response. This was our fifth HAL cruise, and, though we have enjoyed each one, this was our favorite to date. Best crew we have ever experienced on any cruiseline. HAL... Keep up the great work.

• 3 months later...

Archived