cigarettes?

ameliaw

They did as of May but I was shocked at the price - they are cheaper here in VA. When we sailed from Florida in Jan. they were much cheaper - something like $85 for 5 cartons. In May they were $159.95 for 5 cartons. Don't know if it has gone fleetwide or they just cost more sailing from Baltimore. We ran into the same thing from Norfolk a year earlier.

do the gift shops still sell cigarettes on board? we are sailing in january and were wondering. thanks in advance, amelia

I am not sure, but I know the duty free shop does. I only remember

them selling cartons. Most of the popular brands..Good Prices!!!!

We were on Inspiration about 2 weeks ago. We brought 2 cartons home for a friend. We paid $44.95 for 2 cartons of Marlboros. Or we could've paid 24.95 for one. I think I seen that the cheaper cigerettes cost a little less, but not sure what because my friend specifically wanted Marlboros.

DH and I just sailed on the Thanksgiving Inspiration cruise and I bought Benson & Hedges Ultra Light 100s for $22 a carton! Beats the $42 a carton I pay in North Florida. DH said he saw a sign for Marlboros -- buy 4 and the 5th is free, but he doesn't recall if that was packs or cartons.

We're not to far behind at $72 in Wisconsin.

vacruiser....how much are they in Virginia? I may have to do a weekend run to VA.

They are running about 30-35 a carton depending on the brand and where in the state you are. Some counties charge more tax than others. I've since switched to American Spirits which are much more expensive because they made by a small company and only use American tobacco and are all natural without the chemical additives of the big names - they run about $45 here. I'm not saying they are any healthier, but oddly enough both DH and I have no smoker cough or throat irritation at all after switching. Still hoping to quit soon, though.

thanks to all! i just wanted to know how many i should bring on with me.

The cigarettes you buy on board will be delivered the last evening so don't count on buying them on-board to use on the cruise. You can buy the in port and bring back with no problem.

The cigarettes you buy on board will be delivered the last evening so don't count on buying them on-board to use on the cruise. You can buy the in port and bring back with no problem.

Not true - only alcohol is treated that way on Carnival. You can take them with you straight form the gift shop the minute they open.

Of all of the cruises I have been on, we were always permitted to take as many smokes as we purchased with us back to our rooms at the time of purchase.

There are 4 of us that smoke and we took at total 20 cartons back on day 1 and not a work was spoken.

I hope this is NOT changing also:eek::eek::eek:.

That would be a real rip in the crack:D

On the Pride this past June we weren't allowed to take the ship purchased ones back to our cabin.

Different rules for each ship????

In May we took them back with us on the Pride. :confused: Just noticed how much more expensive they were and wished we'd brought enough from home.

$54.00 a carton here in Pittsburgh, PA for Misty's.:mad::mad:

Just got a carton today.

In Jersey, with the sales tax, a carton of Marlboro 100's is 71.00 and change. Just bought a carton for a neighbor today.....YIKES.

Glad I don't smoke. That's a almost a cruise and a half for me over a year.

:eek:

Archived