New Elie Perk

freetocruise

And if its anything like my last couple of cruises those who aren't elite will get served faster than the dedicated elite line.

You are completely correct. They were doing this on the Ruby recently. I am an Elite member and stood on the special line waiting for the one person at the desk in front of this "special line" to take care of a gentleman. Meanwhile as I was waiting, 10 people that were on the regular line were taken care of ahead of me. When the one person taking care of this "special line" finished reissuing a BLUE cruise card to the gentleman in front of me I was taken care of.

I like the idea but, they need to do a little re-thinking about how it is going to work.

Jim..

Isn't it possible that the gentlemen with the blue card might have been occupying a full suite (even though it was his first Princess cruise?) That would also qualify him for the special line. ;)

What does that have to do with 10 people walking ahead of me from the regular line? That was what bothered me!!

Jim..

What does that have to do with 10 people walking ahead of me from the regular line? That was what bothered me!!

Jim..

Whoaaaaaa, calm down, I was just asking a question. I understood your previous post that there was one staff member taking care of the Elite/Special line, but took what you wrote to mean there were 10 others in another line that were helped before you while you were waiting for the man with the blue card. Nothing to get huffy about! But I have to ask, you actually counted the number of people in line? Oh My!

Whoaaaaaa, calm down, I was just asking a question. I understood your previous post that there was one staff member taking care of the Elite/Special line, but took what you wrote to mean there were 10 others in another line that were helped before you while you were waiting for the man with the blue card. Nothing to get huffy about! But I have to ask, you actually counted the number of people in line? Oh My!

Yes I did count them!

What happens to the unused seats on RCI? Are they open for anyone to take?

Immediately after the lights are dimmed for the start of the show, the ropes are taken down and unfilled seats are available for any late arriver. On the Adventure of the Seas, the seats reserved were the first three rows in the second section on the floor. Certainly, not prime location seats but what I would consider "good seats".

Just off the Ruby - it was great - the Rep. assigned to the Elite/Suite line was very helpful - I always check for a printout during the cruise!

But - the idea of a 'swipe your card for a printout' sounds great too - I didn't see it on the Ruby??

Archived