New Elie Perk

freetocruise

Hello from Golden Princess on our way back to LA. At the Captains' Circle Reception, Captain Calabrese announced a new benefit for Elite - a separate line at the Pursers' Desk. Today, the separate line was available and the sign stated it was for Suites also. It's a good thing as the lines are forming for people wanting printouts of their accounts. Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

Ditto that it sounds great.

Wonder though if it will turn out to be like the 10/20 or less lines at grocery stores. Some people can't/don't or won't read the signs and managerment doesn't enforce it when someone comes through with a full cart. At least that's how it works in this area.

That's how it works in every area. Class distinction only works if you have someone(heavyweight) on the door not allowing the masses in;)

Here in NYC, don't even try it (push a full cart through the express grocery line)! You will immediately be called out by someone behind you and the checkout person will send you away, for fear of bodily harm from the mod if he/she doesn't.:eek:

At the Captains' Circle Reception, Captain Calabrese announced a new benefit for Elite - a separate line at the Pursers' Desk.

Did he by chance state that this was going to be fleet wide and if so when? Although I usually visit the Pursers' desk during less than busy times it will be great to know, if necessary, that I'll not have to get into a line with dozens of others. :D

I agree, it sounds lovely. Will have to see how it works in a few months.

I had suggested (many cruises ago), that Elites get expedited luggage delivery. So far I haven't seen that one in action, but it would sure be nice. I wonder if having the printed luggage tags will put this into effect? Didn't someone say that they have your Captain's Circle status on them?

I agree, it sounds lovely. Will have to see how it works in a few months.

I had suggested (many cruises ago), that Elites get expedited luggage delivery. So far I haven't seen that one in action, but it would sure be nice. I wonder if having the printed luggage tags will put this into effect? Didn't someone say that they have your Captain's Circle status on them?

I printed ours for the February Emerald cruise and they state "Suite" at the top, so maybe they took your suggestion.;)

Mike:)

I agree totally Mike! Actually, for some reason we're usually some of the first to board, and still waiting for our luggage an hour after sailaway! The last time we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale, they even made sure our luggage sat out in the rain all day and then ran over it with a fork lift (we happened to see it happen so I know this for a fact -- that and the clothes inside were wet). Anyway, it would be nice if they would do that one small thing for those of us who have spent a bit with Princess (either in a Suite or by sailing multiple times).

We actually got our luggage in Vacouver VERY quickly and also had no problems getting our luggage in a timely manner in Southampton, so I KNOW it can be done. The airlines do it if you're traveling in a "premium" cabin and for high-mileage frequent flyers, so why not the cruise lines?

So what happens in somebody doesn't have the black card but

they are staying in a suite? Will the 'black card' people give stink-eye

to a blue, gold or plat card holder who happens to get in line, yet

are staying in a suite? The room number isn't printed on the card.

What happens if someone tries to pull a fast one and they're not really

staying in a full suite? Will the person at the desk redirect the passenger

to the proper line?

I would not pull a fast one. I'm just wondering aloud.

What about those in mini-suites? Will they assume that suite refers to

mini-suites too?

Nice. I hope it's on Diamond next week.

I generally avoid the pursers desk if possible but great to know you dont have to take rations & entertainment for the looooooooooooooong wait in queue.

Archived