Couple of Questions

Tropix33

Water - is it fine to drink out of the tap as some say it's better filtered than bottled water?

Walkie Talkies - since not using our cell phones we were hoping to carry one of these in case we get seperated, some people highly disscourage them on the ship though.

Do the basic Balcony Staterooms have a clock in them, I saw where someone said you need to bring your own alarm clock.

Extension cord - do we really need to bring one? I really only have one thing I need to plug in by the desk, is there a plug in there?

Thanks!

Lisa

Water - is it fine to drink out of the tap as some say it's better filtered than bottled water?

Walkie Talkies - since not using our cell phones we were hoping to carry one of these in case we get seperated, some people highly disscourage them on the ship though.

Do the basic Balcony Staterooms have a clock in them, I saw where someone said you need to bring your own alarm clock.

Extension cord - do we really need to bring one? I really only have one thing I need to plug in by the desk, is there a plug in there?

Thanks!

Lisa

The only clock would be a tiny one incorporated into the phone.

We just bring a power strip, never an extension cord. Lately we have plugged it in behind the TV.

You can progarm in a wake up call through the phone too.

We just bring a power strip, never an extension cord. Lately we have plugged it in behind the TV.

You can progarm in a wake up call through the phone too.

Keith,

Two good suggestions.

I didn't know about programming the phone.

John

Thanks!

Lisa

Ship water is highly filtered. I've never found any that was unacceptable. I usually bring two bottles -- fill both, keep one chilled, and switch off.

I don't find walkie-talkies a problem. I find USERS a problem - -when they shout, carry on loud conversations, forgetting that others around them might not be so interested in where they are, where they're headed, how good/bad their day was, etc. Much like I find users of cell phones obnoxious! I think a quick discreet conversation to locate the rest of your family is fine.

If you only have one thing to plug in, you'll probably be fine without either an extension cord or a power strip. I have to plug in a power wheelchair, my camera, my husband's camera, and at the end of the week, the cell phone...so I bring a strip. There is a plug at the desk, usually.

I like to find out the time in the middle of the night..so bring a small battery operated clock that glows in the dark. But if you want to program the phone, or remember to arrange for a wake-up call, you probably don't need a clock.

On some ships, there is a clock in the phone, but not all. We have a little travel clock we always carry. You can set a wake up call thru the phone.

Most ship have two US style plugs by the desk. If that is enough than an extension cord and a power strip are not needed.

Thanks!

Lisa

Yes,I have read on this board more than one occasion that the water is just fine on a Princess cruise.I have also recently purchased 2 Way radios and will use them on our next cruise.I believe the key here is to be polite and have some etiquette.I cannot remember if Princess provides an alarm clock/clock on the telephone or not?May be best to bring a travel size alarm clock just in case.I have been on several cruises and have never had to bring an extension cord.There is an electrical outlet by the desk and in the bathroom.

I hope this response answers most /all of your questions.

Have a great cruise!:)

We always bring an power strip (that one plug in at the desk is never enough!), but we've never brought an extension cord... the rooms aren't that big!

We bring walkie talking just in case we need them (which we rarely do), but only for a brief "where are you at?" "meet us here at whatever time."

I always bring a clock, when your room is dark, the only way to know the time is to turn on the TV. If you make the mistake of turning on the TV at 2 am, it can take a while to get back to sleep!

The other tip I have for balcony rooms (I've yet to go on my Princess cruise, so you may want to check into how their doors are) is bring a bungee cord to hold the door open if it opens like a normal door instead of like a sliding glass door.

I drink lots of water and find that what is on the Princess ships is very acceptable. Don't ever have the need to even buy the bottled water on the ship. I bring a bottle on with me and fill it for my shore trips.

We are just off of the Emerald Princess. We completed extensive research and brought several items (upon suggestion) that we did not use including a power strip, duct tape, and a night light. However, we were thankfull that we had the following unusual itmes: heavy duty magnetic chip clips (the walls are magnatized), OTC medication for various symptoms, liquor in checked baggage. We brought an electic alarm clock but had an issue with the clock running fast while on the boat. We wish that we had a set of walkie talkies as we were traveling with another couple and it is very difficult to find someone after you separate while on the ship. And I recommend that each person in your party keep their own room card in case the party is separated for any reason. Enjoy your cruise.

I've yet to bring a power bar but they are times that I've wished we have had one. We are bringing a travel alarm clock for the first time in January, but that's another thing I've always regretted. I have a pretty good 'internal' alarm clock but I like to know the time when I open my eyes in case I think it's too early to get up. Using my husband's glowing watch has not been ideal.

You can set a wake up call but the phone is not directly adjacent to the bed (typically) so you can't just reach over and grab it - good for some, maybe not for others.

We brought an electic alarm clock but had an issue with the clock running fast while on the boat.

The ship's electricity is not at a steady number of cycles as you will find at home, so electric clocks you bring will not be 100% accurate. Bring a battery operated clock instead.

The ships water if just fine. I wear the ear patches and get thirsty. So I fill my bottles with water and add a crystal lite!! Definately bring a clock of some sort. No clock in the room except on the phone and very small. I bring a glow in the dark portable battery alarm clock. There are no power hook ups in the bathroom except for a shaver. At the desk there are two plugs. I never need a power strip but you may. Don't forget a highlighter for your Princess Patter. That way you never forget something you wanted to attend. Have a super cruise.:)

Archived