Tipping the Concierge

scg6281

I agree with Bigsweeps $200 seems a bit high unless the concierge is providing "special services":D . Sorry...have to get my mind out of the gutter. We used our Concierge's service once and for only a dinner reservation. She didn't even help us her assistant did. So we only tipped her $50. She did provide us with some useful information on ports.

I am curious to see what others have tipped the Concierge and what service were given by the Concierge that resulted in the tip.

I know there are a lot of experts out there on this subject.

maybe we are cheap, but $200.00 WOW! We used Carlos on the Sea last November. He checked on us each night, made certain we didn't have to wait for dinner, made our reservations for both Le Bistro and Pasta Cafe plus gave us great advise and went with us to a small private island in Roatan. It was a really wonderful excursion even if the weather sucked!!! For this we and the other 2 couple tipped him $50.00. That was $150.00 plus all he got from others hopefully. It looks to me like the conceirges could easily pick up $500 to $1000 per week at this rate.

NMNita

We will probably only use our concierge for dinner reservations each night. If that's all we do end up using him/her, what do you think is a reasonable tip?

I'd be grateful for some advice on this--thanks.

Greenie

On a recent NCL cruise, our cabin entitled us to a concierge. We never heard from her during the entire cruise and have no idea who she was? We had no problem booking reservations in the specialty restaurants ourselves.

We will probably only use our concierge for dinner reservations each night. If that's all we do end up using him/her, what do you think is a reasonable tip?

I'd be grateful for some advice on this--thanks.

Greenie

If they don't go above and beyond - I would think somewhere in the neighborhood of $30-50 for the week would be fine just for their services with dinner reservations (which only take them a minute or two each night for the phone call).

On a recent NCL cruise, our cabin entitled us to a concierge. We never heard from her during the entire cruise and have no idea who she was? We had no problem booking reservations in the specialty restaurants ourselves.

Almost the same story. new what the Butler did for me but had almost no contact with the conceirge. Greeted us at the pier, found the onboard Cruise consultant for me, and showed up at my door the last morning to make sure we had a good cruise (Translated - I am here for my Tip) Donated $20.

Shoreguy- I have never had a problem finding the on board cruise consultant or the ladies that take the dinner reservations in front of the reception desk on the Dawn.

For me very limited value. For others very valuable. Some have the conceirge book dinner every night, make all shore excursions reservations, arrange change in travel plans etc.

The net if you don't use the service no need to tip. Us it and get value tip alot. As I said I did not TIP. I made a donation to his family :D

One time you may want to take advantage of the service is Valentines night. If you want a table in the Bistro you will need the conceirge. Last year the had seating until 10:30 and still turned away hundreds.

You could get up early and get in line two hours before they open the reservation desk on the 13th. What's your time worth. It was like tickets for openning day.

You will know how much to tip based upon how much you request his services. For some passengers, a two hundred dollar tip may not be enough! In my opinion, since you are asking about it, then I am confident you will know on your own how much to tip at the week's end!

Coka

Any guidelines that you follow for tipping the concierge? I was thinking in the $200 range, give or take a little.

Any suggestions?

I would HIGHLY suggest that you visit the official NCL website page about tipping the concierge here.

Is the Concierge included in tipping/gratuities?

Guests are not required to tip the Concierge.

ENDQUOTE

I will gladly accept a PayPal contribution for 10% of anything I might have saved you. :)

I would HIGHLY suggest that you visit the official NCL website page about tipping the concierge here.

Is the Concierge included in tipping/gratuities?

Guests are not required to tip the Concierge.

ENDQUOTE

I will gladly accept a PayPal contribution for 10% of anything I might have saved you. :)

Also there:

Can I designate an extra gratuity to certain staff members, or should I just give them cash?

If you wish to give an extra gratuity to specific staff members, you may give cash directly to them.

Also there:

Can I designate an extra gratuity to certain staff members, or should I just give them cash?

If you wish to give an extra gratuity to specific staff members, you may give cash directly to them.

How much would you tip the Captain?

Archived