Help please!

TravelinGert

My darling hubs has just let slip a few hints and he's planning a cruise for us for our anniversary just 18 months away (it's a biggie). I am excited except....I don't really have the wardrobe. Part of the reason for this, due to some medication I take and well, lets be honest, plenty of good, home cooking...yeah. I'm overweight. And I don't mean ten pounds. I am pretty physically fit, but all the same, well. I think I shall be out of place. This seemed the nearest area to see what everyone thought. At least I have 18 months notice, I've already started my diet, but I fear size fives and bikinis are out for good. Do they have cruises that are friendly to "large" ladies?

You will find large ladies on all cruises and the ones I've seen were having just as good a time as anyone else. I think you're doing some unnecessary worrying. There is no specific cruise wardrobe. If you have some nicely fitting clothes for your size, you will be fine.:) Just enjoy the thoughtfulness of your DH.....some don't even remember the occasion with a lousy card.:p

i am one of those large women...and the only real problem i have had on a cruise is that my feet swell very badly practically as soon as i step on the ship (I don't have this problem at home). drink lots of water, and elevate your feet as much as possible, it will help, alot.

have a great time!

Beverly

Don't worry about your weight! Cruising is for enjoying, not worrying. All cruises are friendly to "large" ladies. If you are fit, you are miles ahead of most :) You have plenty of time to shop the sales, ebay, consignment stores for additions to your wardrobe, so you won't have to settle for "that'll 'do'".

Do NOT believe the brochure pics :) Those are PAID MODELS, and 99.999% of the people on cruises (at least) are NOT paid models. The cruise lines would go out of business if everyone who cruised HAD to look like the models in their ads :D

You will NOT be out of place....the demographics on a cruise are the same as at home....many folks are overweight, just like at home. There will be the "too skinny" ones, just like at home....there will be folks from every walk of life,...all sizes, shapes and colors....

Nowadays a cruise ship is like being at your local mall....if you're comfortable there, you'll be fine on a ship.

There's a wide range of folks....do NOT worry!

Archived