Recent Carnival Elation Review

san diego spartan

I sailed on the Elation in May and October this year. Had no issues. In fact, the most recent cruise in October was the BEST service I have received to date. Waiters were fantastic, room steward was great. Constantly cleaning and servicing the ship including painting. The food was awesome in the dining room. Don't worry about it. Put your mind at ease and you will have a great cruise.

2525530590040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2005832040040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

2956727660040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

FTLOG...I'm glad that woman got off the ship. We just did the 3 day cruise a month ago. It was my second time on Elation and I did not notice any differences from when I first sailed her 2 years ago. As a matter of fact, she was the ship that got me hooked on cruising.

One would expect the 3 day to be a booze cruise and not something you would want a 4 year old to see. Well, the guests were all well behaved and I don't think my niece will be in need of therapy from anything she saw. It was her first cruise and she is still talking about our head waiter.

I'm assuming you are probably sailing today...I hope you had a great cruise and will come back and let us know what you thought!

Have fun! ... and lucky me will get on when you come back to SD! :)

If you look at my sig, you'll note how much I have enjoyed the Elation this year! If that review had even a hint of truth to it ... I must just be a masochist! LMAO! :D

Just chiming in with the rest of the chorus to say you will have a GREAT time on the Elation - just sailed her last month and had no problems at all. She may not be the biggest or fanciest ship in the fleet, but my family *loved* her and we're scrambling to find time to sail her once more before she leaves San Diego.

Have a terrific cruise! :D

Hi everyone - just a quick note to say we just returned from our Elation cruise and had a ball. We really enjoyed the cruise and the ship was fine. Certainly nothing like that reviewer posted, she must have been on a different ship.

The ship is older, but it appears to be well maintained. The crew was always busy cleaning everywhere. The crew was very nice. Always welcoming, smiling and helpful. Our waitres at dinner was great. Our cabin steward was wonderful too.

This ship does not have all the "bells and whistles" of the newer, larger ships, but we enjoyed it all the same. Only negative to us, was the the shows were not very good in our opinion, though we did not see them all.

I will post a more thorough review, but just wanted people to know that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend sailing on the Elation.

I just came off the Elation yesterday. I can still feel the pitch and roll of the ship as I type. I miss it already.

I was in a cat 11 balcony room (V2) and it was absolutely perfect. The steward took great care of me. I even got a brand new bed on day 3 (they were systematically replacing the beds in all cabins).

Here's a "hot off the press" pic for you. The walrus and the pig became great friends. ;)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=451684640&albumID=1341099&imageID=17325980

Thanks for the photo of your cabin V2. I am wondering if you heard any noise from the above gym in your room?

San Diego Spartan what room where you in?

Thanks.

I'm taking my first cruise on the Paradise next year so I spend a few minutes everyday looking on the reviews section to see what others have said and I also check sister ships (Fantasy class). Tha lady's review had to be the biggest load I have ever read since I booked 4 months ago. No way was that a real review,,just no way. Now granted I can't say what a CCL ship looks like, and when I return I will give an honest opinion and comparison to HAL ships (as per some requests) as I have been on 4 different ones, but I will also take into account the price I paid when I do such and I will be honest.

It would be nice if it were possible to question someone that wrote a review. If there were such an option I'll bet we never hear from that person again if they were like that lady. I read that USA article on Royal Champions and I found that amazing that a line would go to such lenghts to tear down another one. Instead of toutting how great you percieve yours to be, you find it easier to tear down another line.

We cruised the Elation with all 4 kids this past summer in August- we had the time of our lives!!!!!!! It was my kids first cruise and they are now hooked and vote that was the best family vacation ever. NO COMPLAINTS from ANY of us :)

We are now booked for 3/21 on the Splendor with the whole family again- I think cruising may be the only family vacation any of us ever take!

Thanks for the photo of your cabin V2. I am wondering if you heard any noise from the above gym in your room?

San Diego Spartan what room where you in?

Thanks.

We were in R220 - so bottom of the ship - but the room was fine and the location was good too. No noise problems, etc.

One of my family members was in V1. If V2 is similiar, I'd recommend you book something a little more Aft than the 1st cabin. There is a privacy issue as there is a stair way going to a deck that runs right next to the balcony and window, so that you an easily see into the cabin. Now probably not that big of a deal for some, but our other family member was in V17 and that balcony was more private. There was no noise issue for either of these rooms re the gym/spa above.

I would recommend you be Port side vs Starboard, at least for the 4 night cruise, we saw more sights from our side.

I'm taking my first cruise on the Paradise next year so I spend a few minutes everyday looking on the reviews section to see what others have said and I also check sister ships (Fantasy class). Tha lady's review had to be the biggest load I have ever read since I booked 4 months ago. No way was that a real review,,just no way. Now granted I can't say what a CCL ship looks like, and when I return I will give an honest opinion and comparison to HAL ships (as per some requests) as I have been on 4 different ones, but I will also take into account the price I paid when I do such and I will be honest.

It would be nice if it were possible to question someone that wrote a review. If there were such an option I'll bet we never hear from that person again if they were like that lady. I read that USA article on Royal Champions and I found that amazing that a line would go to such lenghts to tear down another one. Instead of toutting how great you percieve yours to be, you find it easier to tear down another line.

This was my 2nd Carnival - both Fantasy classes. The prior one I was not impressed with so was reluctant to cruise Carnival again, but glad we did. I have cruised 4 HAL and really loved them, but we were generally the youngest people on board, so enjoyed a bit more lively atmosphere on Carnival.

We were in R220 - so bottom of the ship - but the room was fine and the location was good too. No noise problems, etc.

One of my family members was in V1. If V2 is similiar, I'd recommend you book something a little more Aft than the 1st cabin. There is a privacy issue as there is a stair way going to a deck that runs right next to the balcony and window, so that you an easily see into the cabin. Now probably not that big of a deal for some, but our other family member was in V17 and that balcony was more private. There was no noise issue for either of these rooms re the gym/spa above.

I would recommend you be Port side vs Starboard, at least for the 4 night cruise, we saw more sights from our side.

Thanks for the recommendation on the cat 11 "V". I was thinking the higher numbers (V12 and up) if we reserve this. I want cat 11 or cat 12 but my DH wants OV.

Thanks for the recommendation on the cat 11 "V". I was thinking the higher numbers (V12 and up) if we reserve this. I want cat 11 or cat 12 but my DH wants OV.

It was a short cruise (4 nights) so I thought we were fine with the OV cabin. It was only a litte bit smaller than the cat 11 cabins, though it did lack a sitting area (small sofa). I would have liked that, but really didn't spend much time in the cabin other than to sleep and shower. The V17 cabin really worked out well for our family since we got together before dinner a few times and the extra sitting area was nice for 8 of us.

The balconies are smaller and IMO don't really compare much to the newer ship's balconies for space. This ship I believe was built before the craze over balconies. We did manage to get 4 people on the balcony at one time - but all standing.

If the price is pretty comparable, then I'd go for the cat 11, if it is a LOT more, than I think the OV would be fine. The bathrooms were identical from what I could tell as was the storage/closet space. There was no fridge in the OV.

Also - thinking about it I did seem quiter on the Verendah deck. There are cabins on only one side of the hallway, so no noise from the cabin across the hallway. We really didn't hear much of anything, but might be a concern for some.

It was a short cruise (4 nights) so I thought we were fine with the OV cabin. It was only a litte bit smaller than the cat 11 cabins, though it did lack a sitting area (small sofa). I would have liked that, but really didn't spend much time in the cabin other than to sleep and shower. The V17 cabin really worked out well for our family since we got together before dinner a few times and the extra sitting area was nice for 8 of us.

The balconies are smaller and IMO don't really compare much to the newer ship's balconies for space. This ship I believe was built before the craze over balconies. We did manage to get 4 people on the balcony at one time - but all standing.

If the price is pretty comparable, then I'd go for the cat 11, if it is a LOT more, than I think the OV would be fine. The bathrooms were identical from what I could tell as was the storage/closet space. There was no fridge in the OV.

Also - thinking about it I did seem quiter on the Verendah deck. There are cabins on only one side of the hallway, so no noise from the cabin across the hallway. We really didn't hear much of anything, but might be a concern for some.

Thanks. How is the noise from the hall from your OV? If it's noisier then I can convince my DH for us to book the cat 11.

Thanks again for your input on the cat 11.

Thanks. How is the noise from the hall from your OV? If it's noisier then I can convince my DH for us to book the cat 11.

I really didn't find the OV noisey, never had any trouble sleeping because of noise and I am a pretty light sleeper.

That being said, I did notice I could hear the cabin doors open and close from other cabins, probably more if I was near our door/closet/bathroom area versus laying in bed. I would think there were most doors to open on our hallway versus the Cat 11 hallways since there are cabins across from us, plus just in general more people walking on our deck versus the Cat 11 deck hallways. So I would think the potential for noise is greater. So if that is really a concern/priority, you might want to consider the cat 11.

If we booked the Elation again, I would not hesitate to book an OV cabin.

I really didn't find the OV noisey, never had any trouble sleeping because of noise and I am a pretty light sleeper.

That being said, I did notice I could hear the cabin doors open and close from other cabins, probably more if I was near our door/closet/bathroom area versus laying in bed. I would think there were most doors to open on our hallway versus the Cat 11 hallways since there are cabins across from us, plus just in general more people walking on our deck versus the Cat 11 deck hallways. So I would think the potential for noise is greater. So if that is really a concern/priority, you might want to consider the cat 11.

If we booked the Elation again, I would not hesitate to book an OV cabin.

Thanks. I am considering booking Easter week and with this cruise there should be more families and kids on this cruise. If we book this week I am really going to (making my case :)) to my DH on securing a cat 11.

Thanks for yur input. I really appreciate it.

I did hear some noise during the morning workout sessions (6:30-ish), but it was brief and didn't bother me much. I am an early riser anyway so I just got up and went out for my morning mocha ;)

and jus think they are going to send this rotten rustbucket to Mobile...

Thanks for the pics...they show the ship looks great, and except for not having the upgrades yet, I think we will love her in Mobile...

and...I did not know you had that many Wal-Mart shoppers in California...wait till all our "southern rednecks" get on board.

One thing about the review....you first cruise is from Boston, and your second is a FOUR day cruise from California??

Anyone else find that odd?

and jus think they are going to send this rotten rustbucket to Mobile...

Thanks for the pics...they show the ship looks great, and except for not having the upgrades yet, I think we will love her in Mobile...

and...I did not know you had that many Wal-Mart shoppers in California...wait till all our "southern rednecks" get on board.

One thing about the review....you first cruise is from Boston, and your second is a FOUR day cruise from California??

Anyone else find that odd?

If you feel that way about it the rust bucket can stay in California.;)

We've run into many people who do the 3/4 day Paradise/Elation cruises and then do Disney/Hollywood or Vegas/Grand Canyon. Took us about four cruises with our puny luggage to figure out why people would have 2-3 26" cases for a short trip.

We were on the Main deck, mid ship, OV. It was very quiet with cabins on all sides and across from us.

Jen in SoCal

This was my 2nd Carnival - both Fantasy classes. The prior one I was not impressed with so was reluctant to cruise Carnival again, but glad we did. I have cruised 4 HAL and really loved them, but we were generally the youngest people on board, so enjoyed a bit more lively atmosphere on Carnival.

I think comparing HAL to Carnival is like comparing apples to oranges, both yummy but depends on what you feel like having!:) I have only been on 1 HAL cruise, and did love it, beautiful ship, but for the price Carnival has hit the spot 10 times now!!!

I finally just read the bad review, and I agree a troll or Royal Champion. I have sailed out of San Diego on the Elation, and it was one of the fastest, easiest embarkation ever! I was amazed how easy it was. I think it was the first time using E docs though, but I do know I didn't get a "Sea Pass" card LOL:rolleyes:

Hi all, very excited to leave on the Elation on the 8th of Jan. I was just wondering, since its been a few years since we have done the three day, are they still serving Lobster on this cruise.

Tey had lobster on our cruise on the 2nd night out which was formal night. Though we were on the 4 day and not the 3 day, so don't know if the 3 day does as well. I thought the lobster tail was very good. Much better than I had anticipated. It was served as a "duo" with some grilled "tiger" shrimp, that I did not find very tasty.

Archived