dining room+room service menu?

ameliaw

• 1 month later...
Just wondering - Has anyone asked for something that's not on the room service menu? For example, asked to add bacon to the turkey sandwich, or asked for cookies or the molten lava cake?

you can "try" writing it in but 99.99% of the time you wont get it.

If wanting bacon for a turkey sandwhich order a BLT and make the switch.

they do have cookies on the room service menu

they also have the dessert of the day-- never being the molten lava cake.

Never even seen that at the buffet area. Get one to go when you go to the dining room for dinner

you can "try" writing it in but 99.99% of the time you wont get it.

If wanting bacon for a turkey sandwhich order a BLT and make the switch.

they do have cookies on the room service menu

they also have the dessert of the day-- never being the molten lava cake.

Never even seen that at the buffet area. Get one to go when you go to the dining room for dinner

Thanks! I didn't see cookies on any of the menus that I saw posted, but someone wrote on another thread something about ordering cookies.

I had the same thought to order a BLT and make my own sandwich!

I just read on a tripadvisor forum that the ship will pack a lunch for you if you're leaving the ship for the day. Hadn't read that anywhere else. Is this true?

I just read on a tripadvisor forum that the ship will pack a lunch for you if you're leaving the ship for the day. Hadn't read that anywhere else. Is this true?

thats not true unless you are taking a cruiselines excursion and they provide the lunch.

Most ports you are not allowed to take off food unless it is pre-packaged- like a box of cereal or a pack of crackers.. that kind of stuff.

It will be listed in the capers-- and there are signs as you are getting off in the ports.

PS- Most people get off the ship while in port--imagine the lunch boxes??

............never being the molten lava cake.

Paradise had the WCMC on the buffet a few weeks ago.

Nope----You can usually bring off commercially packaged foods. Has to do with pests/agriculture/disease.

thats not true unless you are taking a cruiselines excursion and they provide the lunch.

Most ports you are not allowed to take off food unless it is pre-packaged- like a box of cereal or a pack of crackers.. that kind of stuff.

It will be listed in the capers-- and there are signs as you are getting off in the ports.

PS- Most people get off the ship while in port--imagine the lunch boxes??

That's what I thought - didn't think that was something they'd offer.

I read somewhere else that you could order food the night before from room service and take that with you. Are they really going to go through my bag to see if I'm taking food off the ship?

I read somewhere else that you could order food the night before from room service and take that with you. Are they really going to go through my bag to see if I'm taking food off the ship?

Basically never for most ports. A couple of ports are worse than others.

there gotta be a reason they ask you not to take off food.

I have seen them check and I have seen them not check.

I remember a table full of wasted food --mostly fruit. (this was St Thomas and Grand Caymans.)

There is food you can carry off-- peanut butter crackers in a package-- the boxes of cereal.

I can think of one port where you are not back on the ship in time for a meal.

Archived