Bigger is better

My family and I just got home from the 12/12 cruise and I have to admit It was worth every dollar. The shows are better than any shows I have ever seen. So much to see and do that I will be booking another cruise on this ship very soon.:)

Edited by comfortguard

My family and I just got home from the 12/12 cruise and I have to admit It was worth every dollar. The shows are better than any shows I have ever seen. So much to see and do that I will be booking another cruise on this ship very soon.:)

So glad you had a great time ,what was your favorite thing.Cant wait for our turn.

welcome home! glad u and ur family had a good time on a great ship.:cool::)

So glad you had a great time ,what was your favorite thing.Cant wait for our turn.

The shows, The ship,

The shows was my favorite and because the ship wasn't full we got to see some of them more than once. The aqua show we saw 3 times. It was great. We got to see Mosiac twice. Hairspray was awesome. I wish I could have done that one twice. We saw come fly with me twice.

I also love the my time dinning because it gives you the chance to adjust.

I also like the computer system near the elevators that allows you to check to see how many people are in the restraunts.

I'm glad the ship wasn't full. We never had to wait in lines. In my opinon the ship not being full is an advantage to the to me.

We had 1 problem. We got locked out on the balcony because we didn't turn the handle all the way up so when we shut the door it locked us out on the balcony. We yelled loud enough to get the attention of our neighbors to get some help. So any one with a balcony room Please be careful.

My family of 6 stayed in a family foom and I was very impressed with how much room we had. My wife compared it to some hotel rooms.

If I could take the time off work, I would book it again before they fill the ship up.

Loving Oasis has caused me a bit of a dilemma....I have found now I cant go back to the smaller ships :eek:....so while on Oasis Inaugural I booked Allure Inaugural :D

I am sorry to say that I must respectfully disagree with the op that a bigger ship is better. I was also on the 12-12-09 sailing. Yes the shows, neighborhood concept, food venues,etc were great, but I feel that the large amount of people onboard took away from the enjoyable cruise experience. I mentioned the disembarkation fiasco in another thread, but it was not only that, arriving by taxi to embark was no better. There were just too many people for the staff to handle and there were no contingency plans to make things go smoothly. Take our muster drill as an example of having no contingency plans. We were assigned to the G1 area which was in the boardwalk by the carosel. Make a few hundred people line up in the heat for 20 minutes without telling us anything and see what happens. The outide loudspeakers did not work and we had no clue as to what was the purpose of the drill. I truly did not know what we should do in an emergency on the Oasis. Yes, the staff eventually did get blowhorns, but instead of telling us what to do in an emergency they had to keep telling people not to leave as the drill was not over. People got tired of standing and left. I have never seen a muster drill like this before. Yes RCCL apparently is trying to work out these issues, but that does not help me. After having spent more $$ on this cruise than any other Caribbean cruise, I expected better. Yes, I will agree that the shows, neighborhood concepts and food venues (esp, Giovanni's) were great, but it is the little things that stand out and take away from the cruise experience. On this cruise I was told that there were around 500 children on board. We were cruising with two children (4 and 6). The children's pool area was so cramped and full of children that it was not enjoyable. After being on the Freedom, I was disappointed with the size of the children's pool area. I can just imagine how crowded it will be this week for the Christmas cruise. The other pool areas also had that cramped feeling. I understand that these areas are smaller because of the ship design and accept that. The scheduling of the shows should be adjusted. We were in the first sitting for dinner and on two occasions, we had to rush our dinner and leave early to catch the 7:30 show. This took away from our dining experience. It just felt like we were being herded around like cattle. Again, these things didn't allow us to enjoy ourselves in a relaxed manner. The diamond party was in the theater because of the large numbers of people. It just didn't have that intimate caring feeling anymore. I felt just like one of the many. The captain had a question and answer session and there were a lot of dissatisfied people at the party. The captain and head of hotel operations did a great job of dodging legitimate questions from frustrated diamond members. Again it felt like we were just a number and not a person. I am not complaining abour the ship, it was truly beautiful. The venues were great as were the shows. Our waitstaff (Kevin & Luis) were excellent. The food was good--better than my last cruise on the Explorer. I liked the option of eating in many different venues. Overall I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to cruise on such a lovely ship, but I am somewhat disappointed with some aspects of the cruise which took away from the whole cruise experience. I am happy I went and experienced the Oasis, but I am not sure I would sail on it again.

Loving Oasis has caused me a bit of a dilemma....I have found now I cant go back to the smaller ships :eek:....so while on Oasis Inaugural I booked Allure Inaugural :D

That has happened to me too! We have a cruise coming up on Grandeur and as soon as the holidays are over and I have time, I am going to try to switch that cruise out to at least a Freedom Class ship. I absolutely LOVED Oasis, so I think Grandeur will feel cramped and limited.

I kind of wonder if cruisers won't break down into two types--the big ship cruisers and the traditional ship cruisers. In fact, maybe they already have.

We did a 10 day on the Jewel spent one night in Fort Lauderdale and got on the Oasis for the 4 day cruise. Great thing about cruising not everyone likes the same things. We had no problems whatsoever on the Oasis and met some nice other passengers and talked to some crew members that remembered us from other ships. I'm really glad we did the four day on the Oasis and we had two other cruises booked on the Oasis and one on the Allure. I just changed one of the Oasis cruises to the Liberty. Really only reason is I like aft corner balconies. Oasis doesn't have any and Freedom class does (had them 5 times so far). Nothing wrong with the Oasis I just like to sit on my balcony watch the wake and relax. We will be back on the Oasis next November to try it for 7 days. Just my thoughts.

talltree

It sounds like you were on a totally different ship. I'm sorry your week didn't go as well as ours.

We had a 7:45 am disembarkation was smooth as could be. 15-20 minutes and we were in a taxi. We were traveling in a group of 8.

Our muster drill was in the Opus theater and was very nice and organized. We did the my time dinning and we just told the staff in advance if we had a show and they did a great job to make sure we had plenty of time to get there.

mosaic was the headliner act, which i'm pretty sure changes each sailing, so they won't likely be on the ship again.

The last two cruises I was on Mosaic was on both. And they were two different ships. Is that normal? Are they on alot?

We were on the 12/12 cruise and had a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful and the entertainment was fabulous! There was no problem with crowd control. The food was very good and many choices on where to eat. I would book again on Oaisis or maybe try Allure next year. Have fun everyone!

Gee, I hope that doesn't happen to us.:o

When Oasis pricing first came out we booked Jan. 2010.....

DH said "look how reasonable balconies are in Sept./Oct 2010 (they started at $989), why don't we book BOTH, just in case we don't get a chance to experience the whole ship." I was the one who disagreed.

:rolleyes:

That has happened to me too! We have a cruise coming up on Grandeur and as soon as the holidays are over and I have time, I am going to try to switch that cruise out to at least a Freedom Class ship. I absolutely LOVED Oasis, so I think Grandeur will feel cramped and limited.

I kind of wonder if cruisers won't break down into two types--the big ship cruisers and the traditional ship cruisers. In fact, maybe they already have.

I canceled a Grandeur cruise when I learned it had less restaurant options than Enchantment! Grandeur is an old lady, having only the main dining room and Windjammer. Not even Chops Grille or Johnny Rockets. UGH! Not for me. I sailed the "WoW" ship---Oasis of course---Dec. 1st and will now return to the Freedom Class as I've become spoiled through my own doing! Loving it, too! If $$$$ permits, and I'm still alive and well, I'll book the inaugural of Allure, Dec. 2010. :rolleyes:

• 6 years later...
I booked 1 inside family room 11147 and 1 balcony 11144 right across the hall and it was the least expensive for the 8 us.

Eugene

Comfortgaurd, did this room have a curtain that was able to be drawn to separate the bunk beds from the rest of the room? We're booked in 11147 on Oasis next year and want to know if this is the case, as we've got three kids, 5, 3, and 1. How did you like that room? Thanks!

Comfortgaurd, did this room have a curtain that was able to be drawn to separate the bunk beds from the rest of the room? We're booked in 11147 on Oasis next year and want to know if this is the case, as we've got three kids, 5, 3, and 1. How did you like that room? Thanks!

I am genuinely curious.

Every time that I have opened a thread and it has been very old, it has been you who resurrected it.

If you have a question, just start a thread and ask.

When a thread is this old, the chances of getting a response 7 years later from a poster is "highly unlikely".

Start a thread. Use the title: "Oasis Cabin 11147. Any comments?"